Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Flameingblack posted:

Someone said that Piglet is staying in NA as a substitute until he cools down and gels with the team better instead of just getting up and going back to Korea. Makes enough sense I guess

I noticed him before but holy poo poo Winterfox's coach looks like a child

Meet Imagine, their support.

Why are all the Koreans so frail and tiny :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
does huni stream? someone tell me huni streams please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZ4pETCVk4&t=17s
love this dude

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I just wanna get fashion tips from Kikkis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3yPJcQVtU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sexpansion posted:

Elements is a poo poo show:

I just can't stand them.

It's all Rekkles' fault!!! :argh:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AnonSpore posted:

It's all Rekkles' fault!!! :argh:

I know!!!! It's just so stupid. The level of cognitive dissonance going on in that quote is mind blowing.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Passive player happens to be super passive aggressive, who the gently caress saw that coming.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Asema posted:

Passive player happens to be super passive aggressive, who the gently caress saw that coming.

I think I don't like your tone.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
EU CS about to start:
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/2015_EU_Challenger_Series/Spring_Season

nFac, Reason, Dignitas, LowlandLions, Origen, Gamers 2

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

EU CS about to start:
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/2015_EU_Challenger_Series/Spring_Season

nFac, Reason, Dignitas, LowlandLions, Origen, Gamers 2

I'll be interested to see Origen play. On paper they should be about an order of magnitude better than all these teams.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I can't remember the last time I saw a pro game without a lane swap.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

I can't remember the last time I saw a pro game without a lane swap.

As a hater of lane swaps I'm glad to see it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That was a great counter-gank from Xayhoo. I have no idea who he is but he seems pretty good.

Libertine posted:

As a hater of lane swaps I'm glad to see it.

I don't mind not getting the top lane matchup (I still have nightmares of Shyvana/Renekton lanes from season 3) but I like seeing the 2 v 2.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
What nightmare do you have about that lane? The six seconds a game they'd show it on camera?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

What nightmare do you have about that lane? The six seconds a game they'd show it on camera?

Yes, how horribly boring it was and how it was the same every game (unless Lord Flame was playing)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Early dragons are completely useless and a trap for bad teams to give up way more important objectives and CS.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Wickd has fired up an AMA, some revealing answers:

On why he had said he had good news coming up:

quote:

The good news was basically the benching. I am quite happy with it because things weren't working out in the team and I really didn't like our passive play style at all. Now I can start practicing to become a play maker like I once was and it's already going really well in solo queue. Also in the back of my head I always thought "What if my team doesn't follow up and leaves me to die" whenever I was trying to make plays.

My relationship with Froggen have never really changed since CLG EU. We are team mates, can have fun together, but we were never best friends.
The match I had the most fun in was definitely CLG EU vs Moscow 5 at Dreamhack. We weren't supposed to be at the tournament due to us failing the qualifier. You guys helped us gather enough money to travel there so we could play the BYOC and get one of the last spots. We qualified and managed to win the tournament, but every single step was a tough battle and we would never have made it without you guys. That's why that one single game means so much to me.

On why Kev1n:

quote:

We weren't doing well as a team and everyone was getting moody. Bringing in a new player gives team a honeymoon phase where everything is great again. That gives the players a huge moral boost and everyone will perform better temporary. The long term difference between me and Kev1n is he is less aggressive and have less opinions. Whether that is good or not in this team I don't know and I don't think anybody does, but something had to change.

It's tooooooooooooooo hilarious if Wickd got benched for not being passive enough and not the other parts of his play.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

From that response and some of the other ones, I imagine that Wickd has no idea how bad he is.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Libertine posted:

From that response and some of the other ones, I imagine that Wickd has no idea how bad he is.

Of course he doesn't, but it would be funny if it wasn't that that was making his team mad at him.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Benching wickd doesn't fix all of elements' problems but it sure is a good start.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Libertine posted:

There is a scarily large number of people on Reddit that are acting like Kev1n is a sidegrade or even a downgrade(!!!) to Wickd. I mean I didn't really expect the League community to be much better, but even so...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Welp, I'm pretty sure that's the first serious Fiora ban I've seen in pro play. Challenger series is hilarious.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There's something really comforting about Brokenshard being on team Dignitas Europe.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

There's something really comforting about Brokenshard being on team Dignitas Europe.

He just tried to aggro the Baron onto Graves and threw two bolas back to back at it and missed both of them. :riot:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
wario's up to his old tricks

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

wario's up to his old tricks
calling him wario was the best thing sky has ever done

stump collector
May 28, 2007
og hype babeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gamers2 is still one of the worst names I have ever seen in gaming, mostly because it's about as boring as you can possibly be.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hyped for the OG lads

i hope mithy goes sick and soaz plays ap tank tristana or whatever the gently caress tip he's on at the moment

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

hyped for the OG lads

i hope mithy goes sick and soaz plays ap tank tristana or whatever the gently caress tip he's on at the moment

Rooting for top Blitz

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Are they spoiling the games before they air them all day? I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that. I'm trying to not pay attention to this "preview" while I'm on a work call.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Are they spoiling the games before they air them all day? I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that. I'm trying to not pay attention to this "preview" while I'm on a work call.

They're games from yesterday.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Libertine posted:

The teams play two games, one yesterday one today. The first day's games aren't broadcast. It's the same for NA CS.

E: Origen's first four picks are all flex picks. I love drafts like this.

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 18, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

little lightning gently caress picked :siren:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Re: Wickd, the announcement, and his AMA I think there are always 3 sides to this kind of thing: What the team says is the reason, what the player thinks is the reason, and the real reason. You know like in most things in life. Maybe EL doesnt want to bury Wickd by pointing out his numerous flaws when they are parting amicably.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

little lightning gently caress picked :siren:

i cant stand that little oval office

man OG are gonna be really hard team to ban out. soaz can just click random and poo poo on people, amazing has a pretty decent pool now, and yesterday they banned 6 mid loving laners and peke still poo poo on everyone

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I love trolling the opposition with flex dpicks. If you're at the level where laning is the most important part of the game, having your opponents be unable to predict your lanes is actually really effective. I fondly remember picking udyr as a flex top/jungle pick in S2 and having our opponents pick incorrectly based on that.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
peke just playing with his food here.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

peke just playing with his food here.
it's nice to see some ice milf being played more, she's such a cool champ. Especially when the OG himself is playing her

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
scuttle crab has faker mechanics i swear to christ

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Man Jungle Nidalee is just loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I hate Elise as a competitive pick so much.

Libertine posted:

Man Jungle Nidalee is just loving stupid.

Yes.

• Locked thread