Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

Glasses people who can't use super stable 3d are another

How many are having issues? I noticed a post or two about it in the past page, but it seemed 3-4 days ago people were also posting that it had no issue with glasses. Is it just something maybe screwed up by the style/shape of the glasses and/or lighting conditions with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
I set my output to 480p and still got the same error so I gave up.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cat Machine posted:

It's pretty harmless - the only F2P element is an energy cap that replenishes every 30 minutes. I say give it a shot - you're getting Club Nintendo stars for downloading it anyway.

Do you really get stars/coins for it? I thought anything released after x date wouldn't get them? If that's the case I'll download it just for the coins.

Jadaris posted:

I set my output to 480p and still got the same error so I gave up.

It's an encoding thing for me. Some videos won't play at 480, some will, I have to figure out what it wants for encoding first.

However, I thought the beauty of plex was that it transcoded on the fly so you don't have to worry about encoding? I guess not.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

If anyone lives in an area where they have the NEW 3DS XL!!!! available on shelves still I'd be thrilled if you could nab one for me. I can do cost + tax + shipping + $5 for you being a radical person. PM me or email me at bstroup at google's mail service if you don't have platinum. Tnk u bebbiess <333

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Holy crap, a whole $5 for being your personal errand boy!!! Where do I sign??

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is the top screen meant to feel a little static-y or 'fuzzy'? Wiped my hand across the top to remove some dirt and I'm not sure if it's meant to be like this, it isn't and there's a problem, or there is and I'm really not meant to touch it.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

You probably just got a bit of oil on it from your hand, try using a soft clean cotton cloth slightly dampened with water to clean it, then use a dry portion of the same cloth to wipe it dry.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Ptarmigans posted:

You probably just got a bit of oil on it from your hand, try using a soft clean cotton cloth slightly dampened with water to clean it, then use a dry portion of the same cloth to wipe it dry.

And wear latex gloves

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
System transfer went fine for me, just had to redownload all my games, which took no time really. New stable 3D is truly fantastic, I really like the gunmetal metallic look and the system just seems peppier. The circle pad seems a bit stiff so hopefully that'll loosen up quickly. I also had no issues transferring my Hori screen protectors from the old XL to the new one so do it if you're able.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Louisgod posted:

I also had no issues transferring my Hori screen protectors from the old XL to the new one so do it if you're able.

This is excellent news! I've been curious if this was possible because I thought I remembered reading on the packaging they shipped in that they could be reused.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Cat Machine posted:

Holy crap, a whole $5 for being your personal errand boy!!! Where do I sign??

Suck a dick you dumb human being. I've done the same thing for goons looking for action figures. It's an act of kindness. But people on the spectrum generally don't understand empathy or altruism, do they?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

epsilon posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being. I've done the same thing for goons looking for action figures. It's an act of kindness. But people on the spectrum generally don't understand empathy or altruism, do they?

Rofl calm down

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Hey man, go ingest some sexual organs, I need me a N3DSXL!!!

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

epsilon posted:

Is the going rate for sucking a dick also an extremely generous $5?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

DONT MAKE JOKES Tnk u bebbiess <333

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Haha whoa

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The New3DSXL thread is much funnier than the old 3DS thread.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The old thread was pretty informative discussions about the 3DS

This one is full of screwdriver jokes and latex gloves jokes and melt downs and is overall a solid upgrade, much like the New3DSXL

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Is Pokemon Shuffle Nintendo's first foray into free to play stuff? I know they've had a few games with microtransactions but as far as the whole you get X lives and they recharge in Y minutes thing like Candy Crush, this is the first one right?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The New3DSXL thread is much funnier than the old 3DS thread.

I think you mean the Nintendo New 3DS XL thread, mister.

io_burn posted:

Is Pokemon Shuffle Nintendo's first foray into free to play stuff? I know they've had a few games with microtransactions but as far as the whole you get X lives and they recharge in Y minutes thing like Candy Crush, this is the first one right?

I can't think of anything else. As silly as "MARIO SHOULD BE ON iOS" is, it really is kinda weird that Nintendo hasn't tried to get in on the F2P train considering that's how an awful lot of their target audience plays games these days.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

This one is full of screwdriver jokes and latex gloves jokes and melt downs and is overall a solid upgrade, much like the New3DSXL

How did you forget about pants?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

epsilon posted:

Can you suck my dick as an act of kindness? It's very lonely and could use the kindness. But I am in the spectrum so I am not sure if $5 is cool for a swell dude such as you.

io_burn posted:

X lives with recharge in Y minutes, yes, this is the first one. Then you have Steel Diver where the F2P version gives you one generic sub and the rest are paid for. No one ever talks about it, but it's a rather cool multiplayer game.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mycot posted:

How did you forget about pants?

Wait did I miss a pants melt down

oh man link me, Im excited.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wildtortilla posted:

This is excellent news! I've been curious if this was possible because I thought I remembered reading on the packaging they shipped in that they could be reused.

You just have to be quick so dust doesn't accumulate otherwise they fit perfectly fine.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

epsilon posted:

I don't think anyone is going to do this for you now jfyi

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

epsilon posted:

I'll help you out because I am a kind and merciful god internet person. Black or red? Pretty sure I grabbed the last black one in town but I'll keep an eye out for you.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
You should add Snake Eater to the OP games list because it's a really good port.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Eh, "really good" isn't how I would describe that port, but it's perfectly all right and, outside a Vita, a good way to experience the best MGS game on the go. Also, the N3DS nub should work as a second stick since Snake Eater was one of the few games that supported the MonHun CPP accessory.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

Eh, "really good" isn't how I would describe that port, but it's perfectly all right and, outside a Vita, a good way to experience the best MGS game on the go. Also, the N3DS nub should work as a second stick since Snake Eater was one of the few games that supported the MonHun CPP accessory.

Yes, it'll work. Anything compatible will see the n3DS's extra buttons and C-stick nub as a CPP.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

MaxDuo posted:

How many are having issues? I noticed a post or two about it in the past page, but it seemed 3-4 days ago people were also posting that it had no issue with glasses. Is it just something maybe screwed up by the style/shape of the glasses and/or lighting conditions with them?

Oh I never saw this. I have glasses too and my super stable 3D works completely fine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bro, I'm hella good at threads.

Also if any of you faggots would like to suck my dick for making this thread, buy my old xl, it's on SA mart right now. Own a piece of games forum n3dsxl thread history!!!!!!

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Looks like Pokemon Shuffle is only out in Japan and Europe? The most specific release date I can find for North America is "February 2015?" Are Americans also getting the game today, or does the eShop just not update until later in the day for us?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I also have the same question about ironfall and it's equally vague "February" release date

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

io_burn posted:

Looks like Pokemon Shuffle is only out in Japan and Europe? The most specific release date I can find for North America is "February 2015?" Are Americans also getting the game today, or does the eShop just not update until later in the day for us?

Nintendo loves noon EST for updates that aren't a midnight hit. Check back in half an hour or so and you'll have your answer.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Louisgod posted:

I'll help you out because I am a kind and merciful god internet person. Black or red? Pretty sure I grabbed the last black one in town but I'll keep an eye out for you.

See and you post in the action figure thread too, don't you? I am looking for black as well. Thanks.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I decided to get Monster Hunter 4 last night.

I have no idea what's going on yet (I haven't really had much of a chance to play it yet either), but I love having this smug bastard as my hunter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

epsilon posted:

If anyone lives in an area where they have the NEW 3DS XL!!!! available on shelves still I'd be thrilled if you could nab one for me. I can do cost + tax + shipping + $5 for you being a radical person. PM me or email me at bstroup at google's mail service if you don't have platinum. Tnk u bebbiess <333

hi bro. i'll do it but the thing is i only have $200 in my bank account and i need that for my power bill................. i'm going to need you to pay me first as an act of good faith

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Hey while you guys are searching Wal-Marts and Targets for his New 3DS I've got a small grocery list I wouldn't mind someone picking up. I'd be willing to cover shipping plus... MMmmm, I'm feeling generous today, how about $6?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

io_burn posted:

Hey while you guys are searching Wal-Marts and Targets for his New 3DS I've got a small grocery list I wouldn't mind someone picking up. I'd be willing to cover shipping plus... MMmmm, I'm feeling generous today, how about $6?

yeah but again you're going to need to give me the money first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

You morons did notice that someone has already offered to keep an eye out right? That's really all I was asking for, was someone to check as they're tooling around in whatever store. Stay salty though dipshits.