Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

epsilon posted:

You morons did notice that someone has already offered to keep an eye out right? That's really all I was asking for, was someone to check as they're tooling around in whatever store. Stay salty though dipshits.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Canned Panda posted:

I decided to get Monster Hunter 4 last night.

I have no idea what's going on yet (I haven't really had much of a chance to play it yet either), but I love having this smug bastard as my hunter

I love that one too. He looks like Jetstream Sam.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

epsilon posted:

You morons did notice that someone has already offered to keep an eye out right? That's really all I was asking for, was someone to check as they're tooling around in whatever store. Stay salty though dipshits.

um i'm trying to be nice here... wtf... mods?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

THE PENETRATOR posted:

yeah but again you're going to need to give me the money first

Okay but I also charge for gas, mental anguish, having to go into a store, having to stand in line at a post office and be next to another person, PTSD, energy expended relative to minutes spent looking for system multiplied by clerks that asked me if I needed help with anything divided by 2 (to account for me saying no), and parking costs. All in all about $7.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if anyone wants a new 3ds paypal me the money and i'll buy it for you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

epsilon posted:

I'll do it for $3 and I bet the other guy isn't even going to suck your dick

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I am looking for SERIOUS OFFERS please I am a LITERAL LOOSE CANNON

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
When did the thread move to the imp zone?

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I'll do it for $3 and I bet the other guy isn't even going to suck your dick

I'll do it for $2, suck your dick, AND provide a souvenir photo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i rly need a fix cuz its been days since my last line of coke if u hook me up ill give you, $10 unless you're some austist narc lol thz bebbbbbbbies!!!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I am not the one who melted down

it is infact

all of you

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

epsilon posted:

You do realized that everyone's poking fun at you because of the way you wrote your request, right?

Like I don't think I've seen it in the 3DS thread but elsewhere in the forums I've seen people pleasantly ask goons about picking up and sending them a hard-to-find item and people being totally cool (and in some cases it's actually successful).

If you had just straight up said "Hey, I really want a new 3DS XL but it's not in stock anywhere around me, if someone sees one could they pick it up for me? I'll reimburse you for shipping." the worst that would have happened is that you would have been ignored.

But that's not what you did, bebbie.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

To briefly interrupt the goon dogpile here, pokemon shuffle is in fact up on the eshop now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Listen up cocksuckers, I'm looking for a Nintendo New 3DS and I don't want you jerking my dick around over it

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Hey guys I've got a que.... whoa

:yikes:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Awesome! posted:

smash bros 3ds claimed the lives of countless sticks and we remember them proudly

I can't imagine how hard you cretins are jerking around your 3DSes to break them like that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

I have no idea what's going on yet (I haven't really had much of a chance to play it yet either), but I love having this smug bastard as my hunter

I'm really glad they let you take screenshots in that game. I don't have any idea why the hell you can't in some stuff, it seems like a basic thing that people like to do in videogames but i guess im not The Pokemon Company

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anyone else still waiting on their MM3DS from Best Buy? Still in Preparing for Shipment purgatory with a tentative delivery date of tomorrow.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So I asked a bunch of strangers to do me a favor and then immediately went on a homophobic meltdown, what's the big deal.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

So when are these things getting restocked?

Sold my MM3DS locally, but no one even has the regular editions in stock.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

corn in the bible posted:

I'm really glad they let you take screenshots in that game. I don't have any idea why the hell you can't in some stuff, it seems like a basic thing that people like to do in videogames but i guess im not The Pokemon Company

Is there a system-wide way to take screenshots (Like the iPhone home+power) or is being able to take screenshots a feature that's unique to certain games? I'm willing to suck no more than three dicks and pay a maximum of the balance of my PayPal account ($0.87) for the answer to this question.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

zenintrude posted:

So when are these things getting restocked?

Sold my MM3DS locally, but no one even has the regular editions in stock.

Probably this week. Ask your local stores when their electronics shipments usually come in. Best Buy might be on Friday since that is when they are dropping their exclusive Amiibo on the unwashed masses.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

io_burn posted:

Is there a system-wide way to take screenshots (Like the iPhone home+power) or is being able to take screenshots a feature that's unique to certain games? I'm willing to suck no more than three dicks and pay a maximum of the balance of my PayPal account ($0.87) for the answer to this question.

there is a sort of systemwide way to take screenshots, which is that you go to miiverse while ingame and then when you're making a post you can attach the current screen as a screenshot. but the developer has to let you do this, and can decide not to let you do this if they want, in which case taking them is impossible.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Louisgod posted:

Okay but I also charge for gas, mental anguish, having to go into a store, having to stand in line at a post office and be next to another person, PTSD, energy expended relative to minutes spent looking for system multiplied by clerks that asked me if I needed help with anything divided by 2 (to account for me saying no), and parking costs. All in all about $7.

If you help me get a 3DS I'll save you all that effort you can just send $200 right to my paypal account.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Canned Panda posted:

I picked the same face and eyes, except my guy has a rockin' afro. :hfive:

Does the 3DS really need a screen protector? I mean, you never touch the top screen and it folds over, so...

Should I invest in one? Will it interfere with the sensitivity of the bottom touch screen?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fuzz posted:

I picked the same face and eyes, except my guy has a rockin' afro. :hfive:

Does the 3DS really need a screen protector? I mean, you never touch the top screen and it folds over, so...

Should I invest in one? Will it interfere with the sensitivity of the bottom touch screen?

It probably doesn't need one, but the screens aren't glass and I'd rather pay 10 dollars than worry about it sometimes.

Sensitivity is fine. Get the Hori ones.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Louisgod posted:

i think we all know you'd do it for the price of a few sticks of jerky

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Fuzz posted:

It depends where you land on the spectrum. Do you see your 3DS as a portable toy that plays games which entertain you while pooping or do you see it as a priceless heirloom which must be preserved for future generations as close to its original out of the box condition as possible?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

We talking about fatty strips or some lovely Jack Links tobasco flavored poo poo? Don't gently caress with me here.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Fuzz posted:

A lot of cases come in basic and for a couple of bucks 'bunch of stuff' versions. You get cart containers, cloth, screen protectors, etc. Screen protectors aren't really worth anything so you may as well try it and if you don't like it take it back off again.

The old 3DS was apparently known for getting marks on the upper screen from being closed. You're far more likely to scratch the screen protector than the screen because it's harder and I generally keep the screen clean so scratches are unlikely. I don't like screen protectors.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

io_burn posted:

It depends where you land on the spectrum. Do you see your 3DS as a portable toy that plays games which entertain you while pooping or do you see it as a priceless heirloom which must be preserved for future generations as close to its original out of the box condition as possible?

I thought I was the first one and then somehow my bottom touchscreen got a decent size nick in it and now I'm a Screen Protector Guy

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I just get the feeling the things aren't really gonna last forever so if I get a few scratches on the bottom screen so what? I mean I guess if you were playing some game where you were constantly furiously dragging the stylus across the screen it might be a good idea (there are a few rhythm games like this, to be fair). I just usually use my fingers/thumb anyways.

Oh or like any game that uses the screen as a second stick, which I hate.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 18, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Whoa whoa whoa, no one mentioned we would get jerky for driving all over town looking for a 3DS. Sign me up.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

jabro posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, no one mentioned we would get jerky for driving all over town looking for a 3DS. Sign me up.

Wait so is it jerky and $5, or $5 with the alternative choice of a piece of jerky valued at or above $5?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'll take some loving jerky.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

io_burn posted:

Wait so is it jerky and $5, or $5 with the alternative choice of a piece of jerky valued at or above $5?

It's in your contract, dude. Didn't you read it?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Louisgod posted:

You just have to be quick so dust doesn't accumulate otherwise they fit perfectly fine.

Do you remove them with that stiff piece of plastic that came with the protectors? I think I still have that.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

epsilon posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being. I've done the same thing for goons looking for action figures. It's an act of kindness. But people on the spectrum generally don't understand empathy or altruism, do they?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just got the N3DS in the mail and I'm very excited to play with this new thing :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
So, Iron Fall Invasion. I've tried it early this week, and my impressions of it was that while it's 60fps in 2D mode only, the online matches is probably the closest to Quake-like deathmatch mayhem on the 3DS you can get atm. Although I think I prefer the C-stick to the stylus aiming.