Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I would encourage those uber links get sent to Woolie's twitter. I've told him the company (especially in other parts of NA) is pretty loving stinky, and he refuses to believe me.

I obviously didn't say this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

I caught up on the last two podcasts in a row so this might be old advice, but AXS TV is rebroadcasting big NJPW matches with English commentary - stuff from the last three years or so. I'm not sure if you can get it in Canada, but even if you can't - and you find another completely legitimate way to watch them - it's a good way to catch up on Rainmaker/Nakamura stuff, plus it's an one-hour thing.

I bumblefucked into this the other day. Didn't even know what AXS TV was but there was New Japan on and sure enough it's an hour of cool guy wrestling. Double bumping this prudent prudent advice.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woolie rolls past Matt in an uber branded limousine, gives him the finger and says BI-TCH

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Commissar Ken posted:

I bumblefucked into this the other day. Didn't even know what AXS TV was but there was New Japan on and sure enough it's an hour of cool guy wrestling. Double bumping this prudent prudent advice.

It's especially cool because they're cherry-picking all the best matches too.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Hey Matt, any plans to return to The Forest?

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I decided to buy the current $5 build of Strength of the Sword. It's... not nearly as good as Woolie and Liam led me to believe. It honestly feels kind of clunky and unpolished. The excessive use of slow motion only serves to make things confusing, most of my attacks look the same so it's hard to tell exactly where in a combo I am, and sometimes the combos flat out don't work. At one point, the game told me how to do the blade storm move. I did exactly the button combination I was told, and I ended up doing a grab. It told me I did it correctly anyway.

Also, the hits are not satisfying at all. Most of the time, it doesn't even look like my sword is connecting with my target. There's no sound for it either, at least as far as I can tell.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The internet hype machine is a dangerous thing. Case in point:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Listening to the podcast and hearing the guys talk about worrying on a certain kickstarter I have to assume they mean Kaiju Combat. Everything I've heard about that thing sounds like a gigantic mess.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hoobajoo posted:

Oh OK, I thought you meant like, the drivers were shady. I just meant it isn't dangerous or anything, if you object to the morality of the company, I won't argue against that.

Uber has been pretty poo poo at dealing with people who jave been sexually assaulted by their drivers.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/woman-sues-uber-in-u-s-after-alleged-rape-in-delhi-1.2212885

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 17, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah, I loved the poo poo out of SH2 when I was a teenager but I never beat Maria's story. I wasn't very compelled by it and I'm pretty sure I stopped at that stupid rotating plate puzzle that Pat immediately googled cause it's so dumb lol

It does always kind of crack me up that Pat absolutely loves survival horror (a genre filled with weird puzzles) but always talks about how much he hates doing puzzles. :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TriffTshngo posted:

Taking the opportunity since it came up on the podcast to remind everyone to watch Redline if they haven't. Or if they have, watch it again.

On a related note I started Initial D and it's pretty cool. Pat's a big dumb baby.

Redline is really good and the entire thing is on youtube (legally even)

E:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MPe7E1YrY4

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 17, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Redline owns, everyone watch Redline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'm listening to the podcast and I'm so thankful I never bought a 3DS as of yet. No included charger with the newer models, dead pixels, an insane system transfer procedure. Yikes. :stare:

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Huh, I think Strength of the Sword finally clicked for me. Now I'm doing way better and enjoying it a lot more. I still think the hits should be made more satisfying in the main game though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

I'm listening to the podcast and I'm so thankful I never bought a 3DS as of yet. No included charger with the newer models, dead pixels, an insane system transfer procedure. Yikes. :stare:

Not owning a 3DS is a very shameful thing to be thankful for

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Oh yeah, SotS's camera also needs some fixing. There was a point where I got corner trapped and lost half of my health because the camera was stuck in the wall and I couldn't tell what I was supposed to do. They should just do the God Hand thing where the wall doesn't even appear if the camera is behind it, because being able to see what's in front of you takes priority over everything.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hYjZBlxNI

Don't pretend like you haven't been waiting for this poo poo with bated breath.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Charles Martel posted:

Mine's been fine and I love it.

Also, regarding Kaiju Combat, I really don't like Woolie and the other throwing me under the bus, because none of them put money towards that game. It's out on steam, and improves every update they roll out. But since they put no money into it, they don't even get those updates. They have ALOT of fan requests and characters to imput.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 18, 2015

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Was that the game you guys went and saw at one of those conventions that had the shark monster with the tail whip move thing that looked like it was flingin' it's shark dick about?

Also same with the New 3DS. I think it's crazy that they hid the micro SD card under the shell but it was easier to unscrew than my WiiU gamepad which seemed machine tightened. I was lazy as gently caress and after swapping the card for a bigger one did the wireless transfer and it took about 2 and a half hours for the 8 gigs I had on my old 3DS to be transferred over.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Also, regarding Kaiju Combat, I really don't like Woolie and the other throwing me under the bus, because none of them put money towards that game. It's out on steam, and improves every update they roll out. But since they put no money into it, they don't even get those updates. They have ALOT of fan requests and characters to imput.

Oh dang, I didn't know that they actually put something out on early access, that's neat.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

That's cool. Maybe Pat explaining his whole situation just put the whole 3DS upgrading process in a bad light. I will probably get one eventually, but I have enough poo poo to play right now and was thinking about getting a PS4 before the end of the year. Maybe*.

*If they make the Glacier White system standalone or bundle it with either Bloodbourne or The Order and put it on sale for around $349.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Woolie-Man: The Other is my favorite comic book storyline

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

I like how this was just a vessel for them to talk about Persona for a little bit.

To be clear, I'm not upset, there's not much to say after 'yep it's Mario Kart but Persona, it's pretty fun and a neat idea, good for them' and I love me some Persona talk.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Silentman0 posted:

For just, like, a second I thought this was a real game and I just thought they made it up when they were really making fun of a real game. I can never be fully un-disappointed there's no canon Persona racer, but it was still a really good video, and props to that cool fan that made it.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014

Silentman0 posted:

Waifu talk, shipping arguments, and Yukiko/Yukari trashing. Business as usual.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

For just, like, a second I thought this was a real game and I just thought they made it up when they were really making fun of a real game. I can never be fully un-disappointed there's no canon Persona racer, but it was still a really good video, and props to that cool fan that made it.

Honestly, if Atlus ever needs to make bank, a Persona kart racer ain't a terrible idea. I mean, you got a fighting game already, so why not? You could use your Personas as a bike!

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Dias posted:

Honestly, if Atlus ever needs to make bank, a Persona kart racer ain't a terrible idea. I mean, you got a fighting game already, so why not? You could use your Personas as a bike!
Dude.

Kart Fusion.

KART. FUSION.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tupperwarez posted:

Dude.

Kart Fusion.

KART. FUSION.

Just fuse some karts to make Mara. Game over.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Turbo-Granny

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

But it'll never have a name as dumb as this one. That is the real tragedy.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014

hoobajoo posted:

But it'll never have a name as dumb as this one. That is the real tragedy.

I don't know. Ultimax's full title in Japan is "Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold"

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grand Cross posted:

I don't know. Ultimax's full title in Japan is "Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold"

I'll keep hope alive.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

That's cool. Maybe Pat explaining his whole situation just put the whole 3DS upgrading process in a bad light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y88G3tp_f88

I seriously thought this video was a joke at first.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
Catching up on the Silent Hill 2 playthrough right now. I'm on part 8 and I only have one question; when is the sexo suits lore finally going to drop?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
God willing? Never.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Oh hey, bringing up Redline again have any of the Zaibatsu seen Trava: Fist Planet, the OVA the same studio did before Redline? It stars two of the racers from Redline as they try to get enough money to pay the entry fee for a robot fighting tournament called Fist Planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqPRgMlWEUI

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Feb 18, 2015

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

People are blowing the 3DS stuff way out of proportion. Is it annoying to have to do? Sure, I guess? If you get ANY new console, you're gonna be spending an hour or more setting everything up to begin with. It's to be expected.

Granted I had two chargers and I already had the tools (every decent home hould have some tools) but all in all, it took me maybe an hour and 10 mins? And 80% of that was waiting.

And remember...I'm an idiot.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was under the impression the thing works like thus;
1) Transfer Licences from 3DS to Target N3DS (using the transfer)
2) Take SD Card out of 3DS and copy contents onto computer
3) Take Micro SD Card out of Target N3DS and copy the contents on the computer to the Micro SD Card.
4) Put Micro SD Card into Target N3DS, put on and get back to where you were

with steps 2-4 becoming "Wait a really long while" if you use wireless transfer and have a large amount of games on your old 3DS.

Am I reading that wrong?

Because what the whole affair strikes me as is Nintendo over explaining the process and people dogpiling on them for it.

Granted, if it did Account Based licence management ala XBL and PSN that'd be great (and, honestly, they should be exploring that avenue with a view to that replacing Club Nintendo) but the way people are acting it's as if Nintendo came and punted their dog down the street.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 18, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

People are blowing the 3DS stuff way out of proportion. Is it annoying to have to do? Sure, I guess? If you get ANY new console, you're gonna be spending an hour or more setting everything up to begin with. It's to be expected.

Granted I had two chargers and I already had the tools (every decent home hould have some tools) but all in all, it took me maybe an hour and 10 mins? And 80% of that was waiting.

And remember...I'm an idiot.

Yea the 'complex process' is literally 'hit ok a bunch of times, remember don't set up an ID account on the new system (why would you, you're moving the old one over), and then transfer your card data' The 'worst' part for me was popping the back plate just because I hate when no matter what removing a component makes a loud POP or CRACK sound and it makes me paranoid so I spent like five minutes trying to 'get it right' before I realized I was a loving idiot and just yanked it off.

Also, just get a 32 gig micro card and you'll literally never have to do it again until the New New 3ds comes out which I assume will be called New 3DS 2 The Returning

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ConanThe3rd posted:

but the way people are acting it's as if Nintendo came and punted their dog down the street.

Is this your first time on the internet or something? That's the reaction at large to every micro-offense there has ever been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Not including a charger was a bit of a dick move, but the transfer process is really painless. You just follow the instructions and press ok a few times. I have no idea why that is a big deal to some people.