Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Why is female human unranked at the moment?

Just not enough info for me to go on yet. Nobody really plays them.

You can make a lot of existing or new DBZ aliens with the chargen... since you can color their skin in any way, and yeah, you can give thenFreeza armor.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Revival of F manga promo thing posted:

Sorbet: “Son Goku has become strong enough to defeat Majin Buu.”

Freeza: “That’s more than I imagined. But I’m a prodigy, so if I bring out all of my dormant power through training, I’ll crush even the Saiyans in the blink of an eye.”

GET HYPE

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

I really, really want to see a Frieza training montage :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love that the whole schtick of Revival of F is that when Frieza is not being a petulant baby he is stronger than Kid Buu. He just starts trying.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
homeboy's just going to start doing deadlifts in the event horizon of a black hole

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like the idea that Frieza was lazy and always coasted by on his innate natural powers and he's become a serious threat again not because of some magical deus ex machina but just because he's just been training crazy hard like Goku always does

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Now I want an exact inversion of the little scene from Fusion Reborn where F gets Revived and then just kicks Ultimate Gohan into three pieces immediately.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm gonna say, it's a shame Frieza's goons didn't wish back 'everyone who died on Namek' rather than just Frieza, as cool as this film sounds it's hard to imagine it wouldn't be cooler with the triumphant return of the Ginyu Force (and Zarbon and Dodoria) ...

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

how does Frezia know what Majin Buu is

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

It was practically his universe to rule, I guess he should know about the goings-on like with Bibidi and Babidi

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Freeza in the home for infinite losers:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If we get a training montage scene for Frieza in Revival of F there's going to be so many AMVs made setting it to the Montage song from Team America World Police

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm gonna say, it's a shame Frieza's goons didn't wish back 'everyone who died on Namek' rather than just Frieza, as cool as this film sounds it's hard to imagine it wouldn't be cooler with the triumphant return of the Ginyu Force (and Zarbon and Dodoria) ...

That wish wouldn't have brought Freeza back though :P

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

Freeza in the home for infinite losers:

Huh. He's still a robot in Hell?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ImpAtom posted:

Wearing that dumb poo poo is part of his punishment in Gatchan land.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

furiouskoala posted:

That wish wouldn't have brought Freeza back though :P

Yeah Freeza died on EArth.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Can the credit scenes just be Jeice and Salza leading their respective teams in a never-ending pose-off?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I feel like now that it's post-series, you'd have to include Gotenks and some Kamikaze Ghosts in any dance off posedown battle royales.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

setafd posted:

It was practically his universe to rule, I guess he should know about the goings-on like with Bibidi and Babidi

He's been dead a while and Buu was loving up the afterlife, I imagine the word got around, even in HFIL.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Stallion Cabana posted:

In the Anime at least, he, the Ginyu Force, his father and Cell watched Goku fight Kid Buu from hell. They basically watched it on TV.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Prison Warden posted:

He's been dead a while and Buu was loving up the afterlife, I imagine the word got around, even in HFIL.

But that's not "canon".. bad souls are cleansed and recycled. :airquote:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

setafd posted:

Beerus straight up stated in Battle of Z that Freiza was a contender for the title of God of Destruction too.

You know, all this lined up, it's kinda starting to make some semblance of sense.

And now I am curious how Freeza learned about the super saiyan legend and why he considered it a threat to begin with, if it was a sort of premonition that he could no longer sit on his lazy rear end.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mordaedil posted:

Beerus straight up stated in Battle of Z that Freiza was a contender for the title of God of Destruction too.

You know, all this lined up, it's kinda starting to make some semblance of sense.

And now I am curious how Freeza learned about the super saiyan legend and why he considered it a threat to begin with, if it was a sort of premonition that he could no longer sit on his lazy rear end.

Oh my God.... Freiza is Toriyama given anime form. A supremely talented but supremely lazy person who really REALLY doesn't want to do anything.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Probably because the royal family would never shut the HFIL up about it. I imagine every conversation he had with King Vegeta started with "by the way, have you ever heard the legend of the SUPER SAYIAN?"

Wouldn't be surprised of Freeza blew up the planet just to make them stop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

Well, duh. Bardock was thrown back in time and turned into a Super Saiyan, beating up Frieza's ancestor. Honestly!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Well, duh. Bardock was thrown back in time and turned into a Super Saiyan, beating up Frieza's ancestor. Honestly!!

I am curious how powerful Bardock really was as a Super Saiyan. He didn't even kill Frieza's ancestor, and he wasn't supposed to be anywhere near as strong as Goku was when he turned. He may well be the weakest Super Saiyan ever.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I always loved how half-asses Robo-Frieza looked. Like, I imagine the scientists who were putting him back together were just thinking "Oh god, oh god, King Cold is glaring at us, just keep bolting parts onto until he stops dying!"

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Regarding Saiyans and Frieza, it's amusing just how weak and puny the average Saiyan warrior was even compared to Frieza's footsoldiers. Vegeta, an Elite-class Saiyan, had a similar power level to Cui. Lower class warriors like Raditz were likely even weaker than the myriad of various grunts on Frieza's army. For a "proud, warrior race", the Saiyans were pretty low on the galactic food chain if they couldn't use their Oozaru transformations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Brony Hunter posted:

Regarding Saiyans and Frieza, it's amusing just how weak and puny the average Saiyan warrior was even compared to Frieza's footsoldiers. Vegeta, an Elite-class Saiyan, had a similar power level to Cui. Lower class warriors like Raditz were likely even weaker than the myriad of various grunts on Frieza's army. For a "proud, warrior race", the Saiyans were pretty low on the galactic food chain if they couldn't use their Oozaru transformations.

Why do you think they developed a technique that let them call up a fake full moon whenever they wanted?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Why do you think they developed a technique that let them call up a fake full moon whenever they wanted?

Yeah, makes you wonder if Saiyans were almost entirely reliant on their Oozaru forms. I can imagine that before going to Earth, Vegeta and friends rarely, if ever used their Base forms when transformation made such a difference to their Power Level. Hell Saiyan Saga Vegeta would likely be a decent match for the Ginyu Force when in giant ape form.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Brony Hunter posted:

Yeah, makes you wonder if Saiyans were almost entirely reliant on their Oozaru forms. I can imagine that before going to Earth, Vegeta and friends rarely, if ever used their Base forms when transformation made such a difference to their Power Level. Hell Saiyan Saga Vegeta would likely be a decent match for the Ginyu Force when in giant ape form.

Yet he was taken down by a fat man with a samurai sword. It leaves such a giant glaring weak spot that Oozaru form might as well be a boss from a Zelda game. I've never liked it and I'm glad it was abandoned.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's said at least once that the Oozaru is a 10x multiplier, so considering Vegeta was around 18,000 on Earth, his Oozaru was equivalent to Goku on Namek.

A decent match is putting it mildly.

VVVV: It wasn't nearly that high, but yeah, he was the strongest Namekian.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Plus there had to be at least one other Saiyan who used Vegeta and Dende's whole Repeated Zenkai Boogaloo technique to get up to some level of parity, but yeah by and large Saiyans were not the best around. Nameks might have been better. I forget, was Nail's Power Level of 53000 considered to be a big outlier?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Brony Hunter posted:

Did you never notice Vegeta's full of poo poo with his 'elite class' spiel? Goku is lower class trash too and he continually exceeds him in ever encounter past their first, Vegeta's insistence on his genetic superiority ends up being his biggest weakness (and indirectly leads to his death)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus there had to be at least one other Saiyan who used Vegeta and Dende's whole Repeated Zenkai Boogaloo technique to get up to some level of parity, but yeah by and large Saiyans were not the best around. Nameks might have been better. I forget, was Nail's Power Level of 53000 considered to be a big outlier?

Guru was able to raise Krillin and Gohan up to about (I think) 20,000 ish. Having a magical Power Level boosting elder probably helped the Namekians out a lot.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I was always sad they got rid of ape form. GT did a lot of things wrong, but bringing back the Oozaru back was not one of them.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Brony Hunter posted:

In the Anime at least, he, the Ginyu Force, his father and Cell watched Goku fight Kid Buu from hell. They basically watched it on TV.

I don't know why but now I'm picturing family bonding between the Colds and Cell while they're stuck in HFIL and it's strangely heartwarming

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It probably doesn't help that we're talking Frieza's own army here. Not everyone can be an elite, but I can't imagine Frieza picking anyone but the best for his mission to become immortal.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

I think the more important question is, how does Beerus not know who Majin Buu is? The dude's been around for centuries and murdered/absorbed 3 supreme kais and their leader, but Beerus doesn't mention him (or recognize Mr. Buu) at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The last time Beerus was awake, wouldn't Buu have been in his 'pure' form?

• Locked thread