Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yup, the FAMAS is still in service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sweet cheekweld, brah.

Further on French pistols: this thing, the Modèle 1935A, is the goofy French pistol that was selected over the High Power.

This thing is its successor.

They look awfully familiar; I wonder why. That's what happens when state-owned firms go up against foreign competitors for firearms :airquote: trials. :airquote: The best part: the 1935A wasn't really even a French design. The dude who designed it was Swiss.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn't the FAMAS have an issue where it splits brass casings on ejection?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Spicy Guacamole posted:

They look awfully familiar; I wonder why. That's what happens when state-owned firms go up against foreign competitors for firearms :airquote: trials. :airquote: The best part: the 1935A wasn't really even a French design. The dude who designed it was Swiss.

I'm seeing triple.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I always hated this piece of poo poo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I hated the M9 until I tried to use my cousin's dept. mandated SW .40

Personally, while I'm not a gun person, I do really love my Taurus .38Sp revolver

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, steel cases only. IIRC there was also something where they switched ammo manufacturers a while back and had to switch back to cold war stocks because the new stuff was faulty and kept exploding. Plus the FAMAS has a different barrel twist so standard NATO 5.56mm loads cause accuracy problems. This was fixed by the G2 version, but the G2 was only produced in small numbers for their Marines.

Last couple years the military/gun blogs have been reporting that the French military is "testing" stuff like the SCAR-L or whatever, and is "considering" just adopting a French made gas piston AR15 clone. However I also hear they're broke so I doubt anything will happen soon.

Still using rifle grenades too.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Do not post animes in this thread.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

it should have been you instead of QP

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Thanks Dodge!

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Thank you so much.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress YOU DAD I'LL WATCH MY PRETTY PRINCESS MAGICAL GIRL ANIMES ALL I loving WANT :qq:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

o7

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Mine always functioned fine, the safety was dumb but I just trained to flick it off as I brought it to a two-hand grip.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
not even a 6 hour? where is our justice!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
no justice no penises

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

no justice no penises

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I am ok with this.

krispykremessuck posted:

it should have been you instead of QP

This is however very rude.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I like my Beretta just fine. :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Speaking of guns I'd like to shoot you right now for getting this poo poo stuck in my head again.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld1DTmXesTo

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Spacman posted:

Old mate Vlad was in Egypt recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IifStkAsemU

This was posted a couple days ago but didn't realize he was in Egypt/they were playing for him. There's part of me that kinda hopes they butchered the gently caress out of their anthem on purpose.

Would it kill them to get a steadicam?

:downsrim:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is how the action works:

Extraction begins immediately, while the case is still under full pressure, with the regulation being done by parts that wear down over time.

Also,

Godholio posted:

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 19, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

When my boat transitioned from 1911's to Berettas we all had to requal on the gun. I loving hated it compared to the 1911.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'll admit I like it a lot more with Hogue grips. But I didn't mind the factory stuff.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
The first thing I saw in that gif was dick and balls.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/d8aaywjS85s

Hating on berettas is the cool thing to do

I dig my 96 .40

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 19, 2015

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Duke Chin posted:

This was posted a couple days ago but didn't realize he was in Egypt/they were playing for him. There's part of me that kinda hopes they butchered the gently caress out of their anthem on purpose

Would it kill them to get a steadicam?

Look at the smirk on that motherfucker standing next to him, then ask that question again.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I went down the range yesterday because I picked up a FNX-9 for a song and wanted to test it out.

Dude had a CX-4? It was like some future gun but he had a big pile of 92 mags and he just used them. We swapped gats and it was hilarious good fun, kind of like shooting a big .22.

I normally have a fair size Beretta boner, but when that PX-4 came out I was very unimpressed. Felt rickety as poo poo. Then someone showed me their PX-4 subcompact recently and it seemed pretty legit, so maybe they fixed that poo poo.

I'm not quite sure where I was going with this by quite clearly if you hate Berettas then you hate nice things and should be locked up.

I have a 1911 as well and think it's pretty dreamy

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Saudi scientist cleric explaining how the earth is the center of the universe and everything rotates around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLKSI5grFY

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spacman posted:

Saudi scientist cleric explaining how the earth is the center of the universe and everything rotates around it.

not really surprising that a caveman with a dishrag wrapped around his head would believe something like that

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

not really surprising that a caveman with a dishrag wrapped around his head would believe something like that

I dunno, my mum was born caveman and wears a dishrag about her head but still has a pretty good idea about how planetary movement works.

I'm pretty sure that a good education plays a part, we all know the universe revolves around the sun.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 19, 2015

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

not caring here posted:

I went down the range yesterday because I picked up a FNX-9 for a song and wanted to test it out.

Dude had a CX-4? It was like some future gun but he had a big pile of 92 mags and he just used them. We swapped gats and it was hilarious good fun, kind of like shooting a big .22.

I normally have a fair size Beretta boner, but when that PX-4 came out I was very unimpressed. Felt rickety as poo poo. Then someone showed me their PX-4 subcompact recently and it seemed pretty legit, so maybe they fixed that poo poo.

I'm not quite sure where I was going with this by quite clearly if you hate Berettas then you hate nice things and should be locked up.

I have a 1911 as well and think it's pretty dreamy

px4s have cool rotating barrels because why not

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Speaking of cool rotating barrels, I love the idea of this little thing.

quote:

The Neal submachine gun is a .22 LR submachine gun patented under 2,436,175 during World War II. The weapon is unusual as it has 5 rotating barrels. It is fed from a helical magazine inserted in the rear.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Spacman posted:

This isn't the "let's talk about idiots/Cole" thread. :colbert:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'm a doctor goon and not in the military but I love you guys for what you do, and this thread rocks. I just had to share this. At the 2:00 mark the multiple close in A-10 strikes start. I think I need my colon checked now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llEWrL9ghyg

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm a doctor goon and not in the military but I love you guys for what you do, and this thread rocks. I just had to share this. At the 2:00 mark the multiple close in A-10 strikes start. I think I need my colon checked now.

Was not disappointed at 2:00 mark :fap:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Always happy to check a colon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkzrxN5Jn0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Mk. 48s own. I wish I could own one.

• Locked thread