Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Anatharon posted:

What's the bottle say? I can't read the handwriting, it's kinda messy.
Someone forgot to replace filler text with real text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't you just hate bosses who do that?
"We are fine here, Mr Duck"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Typical Duck management: walks over, shits on everything then leaves

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Great. Now there's a duck who knows how to construct a walking path.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Great. Now there's a duck who knows how to construct a walking path.

Straight to subway, to eat for free

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

They do?? Had I known that, I would have ordered a much larger sandwich

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Chrpno posted:

They do?? Had I known that, I would have ordered a much larger sandwich

I love you guys. Sun Chips for both of ya.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A story that's basically "A duck was around" on what appears to be the front page of a newspaper. I feel like you would die of boredom even accidentally passing over whatever town that is in an airplane

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Aesop Poprock posted:

A story that's basically "A duck was around" on what appears to be the front page of a newspaper. I feel like you would die of boredom even accidentally passing over whatever town that is in an airplane

Don't know about you, but a duck hanging out and just being cool while I'm working would pretty much be the highlight of my day.

In my defense, my job is boring as hell.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Aesop Poprock posted:

One of my personal favourites:

Full story here.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well ducks aren't supposed to be downtown. There's nothing for them there.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Full story here.

Holy crap, I wish the only problem I had in my life was a "lack of custard."

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

There's a UK site called Dull News in Local Newspapers, which performs exactly as advertised, reaping a steady harvest of overturned wheelie bins and people who win meat raffles.

But occasionally, it blindsides its tedium-loving readership with revelations like this:

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

Full story here.

http://www.canterburytimes.co.uk/Elephant-spotted-Whitstable/story-25981069-detail/story.html

I love Whitstable

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I wish more days were so lacking in tragedies that the news had to look for things like a lack of custard.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Aesop Poprock posted:

I lived and worked in Jersey (the original one), which is an island in the Channel Islands between England and France for about six months.

At 6.30pm on BBC1 each region in the UK has it's own local news show. Each region has a population of about 5-7million so there's always some half-decent news about; but the Channel Islands has a population of about 50,000. In Jersey people who have vegetable plots put a couple of shelves up at the end of their driveway and put their spare produce on them with an honesty box and a simple price list - "each item 50p" or whatever. People pull up their car and grab some carrots or whatever and leave a couple of pounds.

Their main story one night was about someone stealing one guys vegetables. Not the money, not trashing the shelves, just stealing a few cauliflowers.

This was followed by a lengthy debate about whether the BBC Weather map should have a new rain/cloud/sun icon over the Channel Islands to "encourage tourism" (with several people against because it'll be "a bit close to France") followed by a quick round up of who had been barred from the local pubs and wasn't to be served alcohol until next Tuesday.

Mental.

duckmaster has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Feb 17, 2015

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Straya.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

duckmaster posted:

I lived and worked in Jersey (the original one), which is an island in the Channel Islands between England and France for about six months.

At 6.30pm on BBC1 each region in the UK has it's own local news show. Each region has a population of about 5-7million so there's always some half-decent news about; but the Channel Islands has a population of about 50,000. In Jersey people who have vegetable plots put a couple of shelves up at the end of their driveway and put their spare produce on them with an honesty box and a simple price list - "each item 50p" or whatever. People pull up their car and grab some carrots or whatever and leave a couple of pounds.

Their main story one night was about someone stealing one guys vegetables. Not the money, not trashing the shelves, just stealing a few cauliflowers.

This was followed by a lengthy debate about whether the BBC Weather map should have a new rain/cloud/sun icon over the Channel Islands to "encourage tourism" (with several people against because it'll be "a bit close to France") followed by a quick round up of who had been barred from the local pubs and wasn't to be served alcohol until next Tuesday.

Mental.

I have lived in Jersey my whole life and can't remember the last time anything interesting happened.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

duckmaster posted:

Mental.

I want to live there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.

duckmaster posted:

Where is the island during the other half of the year?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Australia should offer cunthoods instead of knighthoods.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Culex posted:

I guess floating around in the North Sea?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

duckmaster posted:

Mental.

Your name is duckmaster, there's a duck joke under your name that is entirely about ducks, and you responded to my duck post that was about an article about a duck. What is going on with you

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Not the only exciting thing to happen in Whitstable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPK7raS8Mos

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Culex posted:

It's so boring they just turn everything off, lower it twenty feet and let it sink below the waves.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Your name is duckmaster, there's a duck joke under your name that is entirely about ducks, and you responded to my duck post that was about an article about a duck. What is going on with you

I suppose I just really like ducks :shobon:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

But occasionally, it blindsides its tedium-loving readership with revelations like this:

No doubt a form of protest against either the British government or the European Union. Either seems equally likely.

In other news (hey!) here's what the Scottish papers are saying today:

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Wheat Loaf posted:

No doubt a form of protest against either the British government or the European Union. Either seems equally likely.

In case, like me, you have never heard the phrase they are trying to mock, it's "you couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery".

The dictionary tell us that a piss-up is "a social occasion where everyone drinks a lot of alcohol". So there you go, non-Brits!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Ishamael posted:

In case, like me, you have never heard the phrase they are trying to mock, it's "you couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery".

The dictionary tell us that a piss-up is "a social occasion where everyone drinks a lot of alcohol". So there you go, non-Brits!

Great Boo's up, Edmund!

http://www.genspot.com/video-77822/black-adder-2-great-booze-up-edmund.aspx

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey posted:

Great Boo's up, Edmund!

Boo? That's a bit rude, isn't it? Sounds exactly like... bum!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

And a bunch of other mostly news related map screw-ups here

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

I don't think "hoity-toity" is accurate, but I would have loved to see that. Why is "carrying" circled? That's the correct way to break the word from line to line, isn't it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think that's a pube.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Karma Monkey posted:

Why is "carrying" circled? That's the correct way to break the word from line to line, isn't it?

I think that's the CBS logo.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

AKA Pseudonym posted:

And a bunch of other mostly news related map screw-ups here

Painting the map black

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

Boo? That's a bit rude, isn't it? Sounds exactly like... bum!

Boo is a racist word. According to my ex who lived in Arizona as a kid, and she couldn't tell this story without laughing about it, someone at the neighborhood pool saw a black kid getting in and screamed "there's a boo in the pool!" in abject terror.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boo&defid=3245796

I guess it's a shortening of 'jig-a-boo' or related to the word 'spook' but it such old timey racism it's flipped around to being kind of funny and just an indictment of the person saying it.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm so mad at this attempted wordplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

Boo is a racist word. According to my ex who lived in Arizona as a kid, and she couldn't tell this story without laughing about it, someone at the neighborhood pool saw a black kid getting in and screamed "there's a boo in the pool!" in abject terror.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boo&defid=3245796

I guess it's a shortening of 'jig-a-boo' or related to the word 'spook' but it such old timey racism it's flipped around to being kind of funny and just an indictment of the person saying it.

Well, well! Somethingawful.com, where you learn something new every day.