Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
n/m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

User Name - McSpergin
Contact Info - I have PMs, email at fattox_4189@hotmail.com
City/State/Country - Toowoomba, Queensland (Aus)
Do you have a group now? Yes, willing to accept new members for the next session we play and I'm happy to jump into other groups with more experience.
What are you willing to play? I'm willing to try just about any game out there. I've played through a black crusade campaign, parts of deathwatch and dark heresy, currently in a rogue trader outfit. I like 40k based games but I'm definitely open to anything else

I work a Monday to Friday so my weekends are good. Friday after 6 (except the first Friday of each month, that's home brewers club) Saturday or daytime Sunday (finish before 6pm as our rogue trader runs then)

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Name - Justin

Contact Info - lifefeed@gmail.com, or PMs

City/State/Country - Boston, MA

Do you have a group now? - Nope

What are you willing to play? - I'd like to try GMing. Like Dungeon World. But I'm up for most anything, I'd just like to get in a game.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
User Name - Sgt. Anime Pederast
Contact Info - PMs!
City/State/Country - DMV Area. NOVA, Central Maryland, DC. Live in Silver spring, MD, but anywhere in the dc area is fine.
Do you have a group now?: None!
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? X-wing, Netrunner, any LCG (Only have netrunner so far). Most board games (I'll try anything, really.) Really want more suckers to play Eclipse or other big complicated games, but simpler ones are okay too.

My schedule is a little weird though, so might be hard lining up times!

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Contact Info - PM
Area - Boston (Cambridge specifically, but whatever)
Do you have a group now? - nope
What are you willing to play? - I'm not really picky. I'd like to do something where I can invest in a character longish-term, but I'm not going to turn other stuff down.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
snip

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 25, 2015

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'll post again since I've moved.

User Name - Kaddish
Contact Info - PM
City/State - St. Petersburg, FL
Do you have a group now? - Nope
What are you willing to play? - Any board game really. I gravitate towards coops and LCG. Some experience with Pathfinder/3.5 and D&D 5e.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

User Name - Jedi425
Contact Info - PM, my username at gmail.
City/State - Austin, TX (North Austin, Round Rock and vicinity.)
Do you have a group now? - Not a one.
What are you willing to play? - I'd love to roll for initiative. It's been a couple of years since I played in person. I've played a ton of games, and I'll try most non-FATAL things once. I'm really jonesing for some classic D&D/Pathfinder type stuff, though I've never played Pathfinder persay. (We moved to 4e when it came out and stuck with it.) What I really looking for is a group of cool nerd bros who shower and won't make my wife feel endangered or dirty if she ever meets you.

Fair warning, I'm no college guy; I'm 31, I work a very odd schedule, and I have other (nerd) stuff going on some nights. That said, if you're looking for a guy to join a group that meets Thursday during the day, I'm your man! :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

User Name - xNarUtoRKOrton420x
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - United Kingdom
Do you have a group now - Just some mates I meet up with on a Saturday but that's normally just for a laugh.
What are you willing to play - Anything I guess, I like DnD and that vain but at the moment I've just got a RPG itch.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 4, 2021

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Fort Collins Colorado
Do you have a group now - I do not, just moved here, actually newish to RPG's in general
What are you willing to play - Anything really, RPGS, Boardgames, have a pretty good collection but am up for anything.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
User Name
ZombieLenin

Contact Info
PM or Scott.al.mills at gmail dot com

City/State/Country
Indianapolis, Indiana (or anywhere reasonably close)

Do you have a group now
Like many in this thread I have recently moved from San Diego, so NO! Though I have half assed plans to run games with my old group via Skype.
What are you willing to play

ANYTHING! And I am willing to GM in addition to playing.

I am pretty familiar with DnD 4e, WHFRP, warhammer 40k rpgs, and Eclipse Phase; however, I own the books for lots of things. I also don't mind learning new things.

I am also into board gaming, so while RPGs are my primary interest, I'm totally willing to do any type of gaming.

Finally, like I said above, I can and will GM. So if there is a group out there in search of a full time GM or someone to share in GMing responsibilities I can definitely be talked into it.

Fair warning though, I've been working on an Eclipse Phase campaign so if you need someone to run a campaign and want me to do it, you'll probably be stuck with this setting.

about me

Just because.

I'm 37 years old and have a family. This probably means I will be able to do game days maybe twice a month.

I'm pretty laid back and would prefer a similar group--I take my gaming seriously, but not that seriously. Don't be that person please.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 31, 2015

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Massillon, Ohio
Do you have a group now - Nope
What are you willing to play - Everything! I've played random board games and such before and I've had fun. I also tried D&D once but couldn't get into it, but I am willing to give it another try! I really need a new hobby so I think this is worth a shot!

hjp766
Sep 6, 2013
Dinosaur Gum
User Name - hjp766
Contact Info - forum pm
City/State/Country - moving back to Harrogate, UK
Do you have a group now? no
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Looking for anyone who'd be interested in games in general. I work shifts so times would vary. Have a varied collection going back to the 1950s but like all.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
User Name - Glazius
Contact Info - forum PM
Location - Pittsburgh, PA (Oakland area, 406 S Craig St)
Games -

My FLGS is kind enough to give me space in the back room on Netrunner night to run demos, from 5 PM until close, walk-ins accepted until about 5:30 or whenever I get quorum. No books, pens, paper, dice, etc. required, at least not on your part. Here's the schedule, with the February and March flyers to sell the games a li'l more.

February 16: Dungeon World -- The Anchor. A minidungeon revolving around a giant iron chain stretching up to the sky and its support structure.

February 23: Our Last Best Hope -- Our Last Best Fellowship. A disaster-movie storytelling game, and a playset with a much more fantasy bent.

March is kind of Origins Preview Month since the theme this year is "space" and, well.

March 2: (Plasma) Torchbearer -- USCMC Grange Station. The B/X D&D followup to Mouse Guard and Burning Wheel, hacked by the creator to support a squad of colonial marines. In this case, exploring a research station that's quiet. TOO quiet.

March 9: Lasers & Feelings -- Tales from Dark Space. A little improv exercise with single-stat RPG Lasers & Feelings.

March 16: Atomic Robo -- Moon Robo Two. The game of action science robots punching more science, running on the Fate Core engine. This time on a fledgling moon colony!

March 23: Our Last Best Hope -- Space. A more standard disaster set for OLBH, about the many things that can go wrong in space.

March 30: Dungeon Planet -- Garden of the Gods. A science-fantasy ruleset built on Dungeon World, and a minidungeon about a cornucopia complex that's suddenly become a death factory.

Origins Preview Month will probably continue into April, at least in part.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
User Name - Nevvy Z
Contact Info - forum pm
City/State/Country - Columbus, OH
Do you have a group now? Yes
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?

Interested in playing some mtg cube/commander with peoploe more regularly, as well as board games with more/new people.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hey everyone, it's me, ConfusedUs. Long time poster, long time lurker, long time Catan badass.

I still live in Tulsa, OK. I would still like to play any sort of board or RPG games with you, because I don't have a group. About the only thing I'm not into is card games of the netrunner/magic type. And vampire RPGs. Definitely not into those.

I own lots of RPG books and a dozen or so board games, from Catan to Galaxy Trucker to Dominion. I'm really good at Catan. Ask Cabbit.

I can host, or I can join your group. I'm down with traveling just about anywhere in the Tulsa area. I'd prefer if you didn't smell like a dumpster. I promise I do not.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Do not play Catan with that man.

He will crush your dreams.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cabbit posted:

Do not play Catan with that man.

He will crush your dreams.

Your rage only makes me stronger. :)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

e outdated

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 11, 2017

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

ConfusedUs posted:

Hey everyone, it's me, ConfusedUs. Long time poster, long time lurker, long time Catan badass.

I still live in Tulsa, OK. I would still like to play any sort of board or RPG games with you, because I don't have a group. About the only thing I'm not into is card games of the netrunner/magic type. And vampire RPGs. Definitely not into those.

I own lots of RPG books and a dozen or so board games, from Catan to Galaxy Trucker to Dominion. I'm really good at Catan. Ask Cabbit.

I can host, or I can join your group. I'm down with traveling just about anywhere in the Tulsa area. I'd prefer if you didn't smell like a dumpster. I promise I do not.

Are there really no gaming meetups in Tulsa? OKC has a couple of different board game groups on Meetup that get together regularly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Citizen Z posted:

Are there really no gaming meetups in Tulsa? OKC has a couple of different board game groups on Meetup that get together regularly.

Not that I can find. There is one large group on meetup that says its board games, card games, etc. But it's stuff like mahjong. I tried a year ago to get a more modern group together with no luck.

I've found two local stores. One is all about netrunner, which I'm not interested in playing, and the other is huge on magic, which I actively dislike. Neither actively hosts a board game night.

Edit
One of these two is actually doing a board game day today. First time I've seen it in the calendar. Gonna go check it out.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 22, 2015

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Sucks but magic is a big profit generator for stores, so it's hard to hate on it for being what actively keeps them alive. Maybe talk to the owner about getting a regular dedicated board game night on the calendar?

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

ConfusedUs posted:

Not that I can find. There is one large group on meetup that says its board games, card games, etc. But it's stuff like mahjong. I tried a year ago to get a more modern group together with no luck.

I've found two local stores. One is all about netrunner, which I'm not interested in playing, and the other is huge on magic, which I actively dislike. Neither actively hosts a board game night.

Edit
One of these two is actually doing a board game day today. First time I've seen it in the calendar. Gonna go check it out.

That's surprising. Covenant does other stuff, though Netrunner is their core. I have some friends that play X-Wing that go up there sometimes.

If you get really desperate, Thursday nights in OKC is the board game meetup. Hell of a slog to toss some dice, though.

Bird With Teeth
Oct 21, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Edit

Covenant store does open board games on Sunday. There's also Alien games in Jenks that does board games on Monday. Top deck and wizard's asylum I have no idea.

I have a stack of games that I haven't gotten to play in far too long, feel free to send me a PM.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Thanks guys, it was the Covenant I found with a board game day last Sunday!

I'd been there a few times before, but every time it was just Netrunner x1000. It was nice to see a board game day. :)

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Username: getright downlo
Contact Info: PM me
Do you have a group now?: Not really. I have a few friends who have played a single session of D&D and would be interested in joining a more experienced group.
What are you interested in playing?: D&D 5e mostly but I'm interested in trying out other editions and games as well.

Captain Billy Pissboy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 28, 2015

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
User Name - bunnielab
Contact Info - Pm or email username at gmail
City/State/Country -Maryland, DC 'burbs
Do you have a group now-Nope
What are you willing to play - I am looking to play wargames, specify Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit. I have just gotten into this stuff and while a few of my friends are showing some interest, I would love to find someone who is really into this stuff. I own the aforementioned ASLSK, Panzer Leader, Ice War, and just splurged on the OGRE DE. Which is silly as I don't have a table big enough to play it on. I have a weird schedule and am out of town all the time and generally have weekdays off but I potentially can be free whenever and am willing to drive pretty silly distances.

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

Posting again since I moved

User Name - Gilgamesh
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Wichita Falls, TX
Do you have a group now - Possibly through meetup, been twice now
What are you willing to play - Board games board games board games. Have collection, will travel. Would love to find couple-gamers that my wife and I could meet together.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I may have posted before, but my gaming situation kind of sucks right now so I'm looking again.

User Name - Its over on the left why am I putting this here it's Gilok I guess
Contact Info - PM, jbelton on the gmail
City/State/Country - Chapel Hill, NC
Do you have a group now - Sort of
What are you willing to play - I'm a big White Wolf fan, I also dig Unknown Armies, Shadowrun, Eclipse Phase, and pretty much anything else. I'm cool with board games too but I'd really prefer an RPG group.

So my deal is that my primary gaming group kind of fell apart because people moved away or had kids or whatever. I have another group, but they're in Wendell and I don't want to drive there anymore. I'd really like to find something in or near Chapel Hill, but even Raleigh would be better than what I'm dealing with now.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

bunnielab posted:

User Name - bunnielab
Contact Info - Pm or email username at gmail
City/State/Country -Maryland, DC 'burbs
Do you have a group now-Nope
What are you willing to play - I am looking to play wargames, specify Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit. I have just gotten into this stuff and while a few of my friends are showing some interest, I would love to find someone who is really into this stuff. I own the aforementioned ASLSK, Panzer Leader, Ice War, and just splurged on the OGRE DE. Which is silly as I don't have a table big enough to play it on. I have a weird schedule and am out of town all the time and generally have weekdays off but I potentially can be free whenever and am willing to drive pretty silly distances.
Aww man, if I still lived in Arlington, I'd totally be down to do ASL. I never did find anyone when I was there who was willing to get into that.

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011
User Name - psluuthor
Contact Info - email at psluuther@gmail.com. Note that this is slightly different from my username. We could also talk on skype, just hit me up on my email for my username.
City/State/Country - Sunnyvale, CA. Willing to drive a ways if I can find a good group, so anything within a 50 mile radius or so is a strong possibility.
Do you have a group now? Nope.
What are you willing to play? I am open to pretty much anything. No strong preference for setting, and I'm not bothered by complicated rules. I'd prefer to play something with less of an emphasis on combat, but I'm more interested in finding a good group than playing any particular style of game.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Captain Bravo posted:

Username- Captain Bravo
Location- Palestine, TX
Looking for any kind of gaming, most familiar with systems like 13th age and 4th Edition D&D, but I've played everything from GURPS to M&M. Anything tabletop suits me fine.

Update: I've secured a decent table in my apartment at long last, and due to the dearth of gamers in East Texas I'm willing to give being a GM another go. Anyone in Palestine/Corsicana/Grapeland/Athens/Jacksonville/Tyler down for a game? I don't have any of my books with me, but that's easily fixed.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

User Name - Blackchamber
Contact Info - SA PM, letterboxes81@gmail.com
City/State/Country - San Jose, CA
Do you have a group now? No
What are you willing to play? Anything. Board games, RPGs, miniatures.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Contact Info - PM me.
City/State/Country - Kirkland, Washington. Very close to Seattle.
Do you have a group now? - I've been trying to set one up, but people on Meetup are flighty in actually getting things done. So no.
What are you willing to play? - I'm looking for an RPG group. I don't really care which RPG we're playing. I just want to play. I've played/GMed Shadowrun, IKRPG, Star Wars, D&d, Pathfinder, HERO, and a bunch of others.

Also please note: I'm pretty loving allergic to cats/bird/ferrets, so I can't play at a place that has those. Additionally, I completely totaled my car about a month after moving here, so I have no transportation except the bus line at the moment. It'd be awesome if you had a bus route somewhere nearby.

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur
User Name - gorefluff

Contact Info - mikeemms56@gmail.com

City/State/Country - Greater Vancouver

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Nope

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?
Looking to play in any cool RPG/pen&paper campaigns with chill people that value a good laugh over a hard rule. I only have ever played D&D (2nd, 4th and 5th, prefer 5th) but I'm open! Weeknight games work best as my weekends are generally booked solid but my job takes me all over the lower mainland and I make my own schedule so I'm flexible as to location and day of week.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Contact Info - PM or respond in thread

City/State/Country - New York City, NY

Do you have a group now? I do not.

What are you willing to play? I'm willing to try anything. I'd prefer pen and paper roleplaying, but would play bored games as well. I don't mind doing "immersive" roleplaying, just as long as it isn't taken too seriously and doesn't get in the way of having fun. I've played D&D 4th edition (I loved the Eberron setting) and Dungeon World. I do really want to try Shadowrun, so contact me if you have an opening.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

On April 12th, I will be testing Contagion, a survival horror game, at 'Round the Table Games in Seattle. Festivities should begin at about 1 PM. I am planning to support 1-2 tables of players at the moment, but honestly I have no idea how many there will be outside of my regular group of 6-8, so if you could RSVP via PMs that would be helpful. There will be at least one other game going too, it's a day for unpublished games.

This will be a pretty cool day for me because it's going to be the first time the game's player guide is going to be in print.

http://www.rttgamepub.com/

For those in the Seattle area looking for a regular group, we are at Green Lake Games every Wednesday night. For the moment, that's all 5th Edition D&D and one of the two tables usually has kids.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I'm helping to organise a Megagame in Scotland. No idea what a Megagame is? Well, think of it as a cross between a boardgame and a roleplaying game with upwards of 30 players (the most recent Megagame in the UK had 330 players so that 30 is a lowball figure) with their own roles, jobs and tasks, not all of which are in perfect lock step with those around you. You can watch the Shut Up And Sit Down team at a megagame from last year about world governments dealing with an alien invasion here which explains this whole thing better than I ever could.

The megagame that I'm helping to organise is called Operation Goodwood! It's a two-level operational megagame pits German Divisional and Corps staffs against their British opponents in an intense pitched battle over the French countryside. Players represent commanders and senior staff-officers and must co-ordinate with adjacent teams, control subordinates, plan resources and manage superior commanders as well as interfering politicians. Information about the status of the battle comes via umpires who report 'from the front'. Unsuccessful commanders can be fired.

Operation Goodwood was an attack launched on 18 July 1944, by the British army to the east of the city of Caen with three armoured divisions, supported by a British corps on the eastern flank and a Canadian corps on the western flank. When Operation Goodwood came to a close on 20 July, the armoured divisions had broken through the initial German defences and had advanced 7 miles before coming to a halt in front of the Bourguébus Ridge. Some have called it the largest tank battle that the British Army has ever fought.

If you don't know anything about the time period or the battle that the game is set during then that's cool too! You really, really don't have to know anything about it (or even the structure of the British/German army in that time period.) All you have to know is that you need to manage your group, manage your managers (manage upwards!) and make sure that the person sitting to your left doesn't get you killed because no matter who it is, they're probably not as good at this as you are...

If you're interested, you can get tickets from here: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/operation-goodwood-a-scottish-megagame-tickets-15599075254

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
User Name - Lady Naga
Contact Info - PM, or ladynaga94@gmail.com
City/State/Country - London, Ontario
Do you have a group now? - No, none of my friends are dorky enough to play RPGs with me :(
What are you willing to play? - I'd prefer a game of Shadowrun or Eclipse Phase, but I'm fine for boilerplate fantasy stuff too (5e, Dungeon World, etc.) Weekend games are better but I'm free every weeknight after 7:30 PM as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakochan
Apr 2, 2015
User Name - Drakochan
Contact Info - PM or PM for Skype, AIM, etc
City/State/Country - Currently living in Littleton, CO, working near Boulder, CO (USA MST aka GMT -7)
Do you have a group now? Nope, but open to joining an existing group or creating a new one! Online or in person is awesome, I just want to sit and roll dice and be super nerdy again
What are you willing to play? Willing to try just about anything, as long as someone is open to being a bit of a mentor for the first session or two! I've GMed/played Exalted, and played a bit of Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, and D&D 5th Edition.