Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Do the announcers also know the script of a match or do they just have a general idea and let the announcing come naturally or whatever.

usually it's done on the fly like a play-by-play announcer unless its an important part of a storyline although in wwe you're usually hearing what vince mcmahon tells them to say in their headsets. then there are other companies that do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBxbP-AmWYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just seen the Worm for the first time in my life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[King voice:] Check out Patterson's shoes!
[JR voice:] No.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shane McMahon getting chokeslammed through the Spanish announcer's table from the turnpost is one of the most epic things I ever seen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

[King voice:] Check out Patterson's shoes!
[JR voice:] No.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I also appreciate the fact... That hell... you can kiss my rear end!
Stone Cold Steve Austin drops the mic and kicks Vince McMahon in the chest before delivering a brutal Stone Cold Stunner. He leaps over the twitching body of McMahon with middle fingers flying.
Oh My God! Oh My God! Put him in jail! Put him in jail right now!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

choppy choppy your pee pee

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

hello ladies

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

i watched a video of benoit doing the flying headbutt off a ladder onto kane and like lol how did anyone think this was ever a good idea

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

And I also appreciate the fact... That hell... you can kiss my rear end!
Stone Cold Steve Austin drops the mic and kicks Vince McMahon in the chest before delivering a brutal Stone Cold Stunner. He leaps over the twitching body of McMahon with middle fingers flying.
Oh My God! Oh My God! Put him in jail! Put him in jail right now!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

when did this

become better than this?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

youre less ugly than i thought you'd be wormskull

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bailey has a big rear end.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

youre less ugly than i thought you'd be wormskull

thats bailey, please watch nxt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

thats bailey, please watch nxt

i did not know, and I apologize to bailey and wormskull

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm the unopened bag of white bread.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish I was Bayley, and able to compete in NXT with the likes of Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte, but alas...

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Judging from the smile, I take it she hasn't played the game yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Iron Casanova posted:

Judging from the smile, I take it she hasn't played the game yet.

I think she's one of the biggest fans of wrestling in the world so she'll probably be thrilled no matter what.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I wish I was Bayley, and able to compete in NXT with the likes of Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte, but alas...

Go to a tryout, they sometimes hold them.I knew a couple of people who went to one.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I think she's one of the biggest fans of wrestling in the world so she'll probably be thrilled no matter what.

Yeah she is, I actually like that about her.I hope she never loses that spirit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm watching WM14.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ever since I saw the Hart family tree I've wanted to chop it down!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chyna is badass.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Chyna was so cool at the time. I hate what's become of the womens championship in wwe :(

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Chyna is badass.

Indeed, never saw why people hated her.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Do they censor the TV broadcasts but not the stuff on here or do they miss stuff on the TV broadcasts or what. On the Raw where Stone Cold stunners McMahon for the first time I distinctly heard Goldust shout "You motherfucker!!!" and also saw both of Stone Cold's middle fingers. And in the NXT stuff even though it has a TV PG rating you can here the audience say stuff like gently caress Him Up! gently caress Him Up!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think folks like Beth Phoenix and Natty are like today's Chynas from what I seen but I do have to say the NXT Women's Championship belt animation they do where the pink sequins sparkle onto the belt and a chime noise plays borders on offensive, and is just not cool at all in general lmao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped watching all the Royal Rumbles in order because the PS4 app stopped properly saving my Previously Watched spot and I ended up watching the first 45 minutes of Royal Rumble '93 three times without realizing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Beth is retired and now happily married to Edge.