Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Wow the direction of the CS is kinda lovely, lmao. Cut to a replay of nothing and miss a 4 for 0 teamfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
peke you beautiful bastard how did you survive that

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Soaz played a really good game of Sion. I almost never say that about anyone's pro Sion play.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Did I just hear one of these casters say "best of ones"

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

rabidsquid posted:

Did I just hear one of these casters say "best of ones"

I heard someone say it within the last week, so your ears probably aren't deceiving you.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It's not like a technically incorrect terminology, it just lacks a better description. If anything it explains to the audience (who may just be randomly tuning in) how many games between each team to expect.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQwI_Grdg6s

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

NA CS has started. Final Five vs Fusion to start the day, CLG and TSM's challenger teams will play each other later.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

It behoves me to point out that Hotshotgg is on twitch right now... with the pink hair still.

http://www.twitch.tv/hotshotgg

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Calax posted:

It behoves me to point out that Hotshotgg is on twitch right now... with the pink hair still.

how would he have gotten rid of it? shave his head?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
BIG OLD RON

stump collector
May 28, 2007

man of mystery azingy

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

how would he have gotten rid of it? shave his head?

Wigs.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

TSMD, also known as "Team Suck My Dick". :c00lbutt:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

it would be funny if CLGB threw this slight lead they have in the late game vs TSMD, giving TSM a 3-0 vs CLG for the week.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Someone on Inven made an interesting summation of Bengi's play and why he's been struggling

According to rumour Samsung Galaxy is getting a new midlaner named Ace. Bliss' status unknown. Source - Bliss wasn't anything

Also rumours that SKT1 picked up a new player to train who carries with Udyr: [url=http://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=skt+t1+t0m] - maybe just someone to practice with at the team house, maybe more, who knows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Korean teams pick up players just to practice against a whole lot. KaKao was originally someone who was picked up just to duplicate CloudTemplar's playstyle in Season 2 so KT Bullets could practice against it.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Watching Rapidstar's subtitled analysis of the TSM/CLG game, its really well done! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m4Acht8JqI

Flameingblack posted:

Korean teams pick up players just to practice against a whole lot. KaKao was originally someone who was picked up just to duplicate CloudTemplar's playstyle in Season 2 so KT Bullets could practice against it.

Yeah, I see it like having a prospect pool in other sports - instead of a farm team in AAA leagues you have them in a team house practicing and scrimming with the official members. If they don't work out, they're at least good sparring partners.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 19, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

So are you saying Kakao has a backstory where he was raised as a clone, but he ultimately broke free because he wanted a real life? I thought I was already at peak levels of loving Kakao when he made his shonen-hero-assed vow to destroy the SKT organization.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Petition for SK to fight like snake gaming or something instead of EU lcs this week.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I'd sign it. Kryst4l vs. Forg1ven :swoon:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Petition for SK to fight like snake gaming or something instead of EU lcs this week.

If it weren't for the fact that they were playing FNC today, I would agree.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jonny Angel posted:

So are you saying Kakao has a backstory where he was raised as a clone, but he ultimately broke free because he wanted a real life? I thought I was already at peak levels of loving Kakao when he made his shonen-hero-assed vow to destroy the SKT organization.

I shall refer to him as K' from now on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SK waits on stage, having been promised a main event match against FNC by the COMMISH NICK ALLEN. Suddenly the lights dim... and the music kicks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNdrBNnaUPI

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Matches start at the top of the hour:

Gentlemen make your predictions:

ROC vs. CW
EL vs. GIA
FNC vs. SK
MYM vs. GMB
UOL vs. H2K

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I predict I'll watch the vod of fnc sk and skip everything else because I have a meeting. Cheers, EU LCS warriors...

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
ROC vs. CW (zzzzzz)
EL vs. GIA
FNC vs. SK (C'mon Racist Assholes)
MYM vs. GMB (World's worst clusterfuck right here)
UOL vs. H2K

'Interesting' set of matches today.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
ROC vs. CW
EL vs. GIA
FNC vs. SK
MYM vs. GMB
UOL vs. H2K

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Actually I'm probably going to end up watching game one and nothing else which is going to be a bad game. I predict ROCCAT will win based on literally nothing .

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ROC vs. CW (I think Freeze could probably win this single-handedly)
EL vs. GIA (Post-wickd bump)
FNC vs. SK (SK is too smart to lose to FNC's one teamcomp)
MYM vs. GMB (yawn)
UOL vs. H2K

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Actually I'm probably going to end up watching game one and nothing else which is going to be a bad game. I predict ROCCAT will win based on literally nothing .

my boy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

ROC vs. CW (I think Freeze could probably win this single-handedly)
EL vs. GIA (Post-wickd bump)
FNC vs. SK (SK is too smart to lose to FNC's one teamcomp)
MYM vs. GMB (yawn)
UOL vs. H2K

I agree with these picks. Although I wouldn't put it past Gambit to lose to the team they were this close to poaching the starting mid-laner for earlier this week.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
The Gambit game is literally impossible to predict because both sides have a rookie. It's just a coinflip to see who stinks up the joint less.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

quote:

ROC vs. CW
EL vs. GIA
FNC vs. SK
MYM vs. GMB
UOL vs. H2K

Every other game does not matter. Rooting for Gambit though. :downs:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
ROC vs. CW (C'mon, Polish boys)
EL vs. GIA (I wonder how Wickd's replacement will fare. Wat was his name again?)
FNC vs. SK (hoping against hope that something interesting will finally happen in EU)
MYM vs. GMB (I tossed a coin here, I have no favourites and absolutely zero interest in this match)
UOL vs. H2K (Come on, team I will root for once Roccat no longer has even a mathematical chance of getting into worlds)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SK is the only reason I watch eu lcs anyhmore sigh

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

SK is the only reason I watch eu lcs anyhmore sigh

I love comments like this about the EU LCS. It's no longer very different from NA at all, yet this kind of thinking persists.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

It's fairly different in that I don't want to watch it.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Not sure if I want MYM to lose because of my disdain for the organization or to win because of my pity for the players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ROC vs. CW
EL vs. GIA
FNC vs. SK
MYM vs. GMB
UOL vs. H2K

Khaba posted:

I love comments like this about the EU LCS. It's no longer very different from NA at all, yet this kind of thinking persists.

The biggest difference between the EU and NA LCS for me has always been the personalities. I feel like I know a lot more of the NA player personalities and they seem more active in streaming/social media.

Freaksaus fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 19, 2015

• Locked thread