Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Should be an Astro

Should be a G-G-Ghia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I have good news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u1yuZK0ww

Skip to about 3:05

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Deeters posted:

I have good news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u1yuZK0ww

Skip to about 3:05

Don't you god drat dare ruin this for me

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Schrodingers DMC's: They are both running and broken down until observed.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You could say their operational status is in permanent flux.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Fucknag posted:

You could say their operational status is in permanent flux.

Those owners must have the capacity to put up with that flux though

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Dannywilson posted:

May or may not Run DMC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dannywilson posted:

There's three of them in that picture.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Rhyno posted:

There's three of them in that picture.
"Both" as in "they are in two states at once".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Falken posted:

"Both" as in "they are in two states at once".

God drat it. I'm going back to drinking.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the DeLorean theory of quantum entanglement, whatever state one is in the other two are in, despite physical laws that may be violated

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I want to park my Scirocco between those two soooooo bad.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They're actually all the same car, just from different points in time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

InitialDave posted:

May or may not Run DMC.

I appreciate what you did. I just want you to know that.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Burning Italian passion

It's just a render, but I like this hypothetical take on a Pro class time attack Cappucino: http://www.brysport.com/case-cafe.html

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

A bathtub for your mum? :confused:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:psyduck:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It looks like there's a lot of steel under load in that photo. It's wonderful and scary.

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
Get your wallets out, there's a Yellowbird for sale in LA. $180K takes it home!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4896495235.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That reminded me of something I got ten years ago. I saw a certain RUF (97 CTR2) on the internets in a small picture, so I emailed RUF. They ended up sending me the original image size (not available on the internet anywhere... even now) and mailing me a huge poster of it.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 18, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Magnaflux posted:

Get your wallets out, there's a Yellowbird for sale in LA. $180K takes it home!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4896495235.html

If by "for sale in LA" you mean "being cross-posted from a japanese auction site by a scumbag middleman", then yeah, that's what it is.

It's also not a real yellowbird. It's a post-sale conversion. Wrong engine, wrong fenders.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Powershift posted:

It's also not a real yellowbird. It's a post-sale conversion. Wrong engine, wrong fenders.

W-w-whoa. Are you telling me people on craigslist are full of poo poo?

:v:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My god it looks good though.

I'd buy it and park it in my living room, just so I could look at it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CornHolio posted:

My god it looks good though.

I'd buy it and park it in my living room, just so I could look at it.

Then have your snob AI friends come over and nitpick how it's not a real yellowbird, like every poor bastard cruising in an ac cobra replica has to deal with.

Which leads to being found dead in a gutter in a puddle of your own vomit.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Then have your snob AI friends come over and nitpick how it's not a real yellowbird, like every poor bastard cruising in an ac cobra replica has to deal with.

Which leads to being found dead in a gutter in a puddle of your own vomit.

Yeah but unless they have a real yellowbird, I'd know they'd secretly be jealous as gently caress.

Just like I'm secretly jealous as gently caress whenever I see one of those Cobra replicas driving around.

I mean, yeah it could be Kiera Knightly you're banging, but it's only someone that looks just like Kiera Knightly. I certainly wouldn't lose sleep over it (er, I would...) :v:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I've never gotten the fuss over originals like that. Yes it would be wonderful to have an actual GT40 or something but I'd much rather pay someone a whole lot of money to build me an exact replica, which I can drive and sit in and stuff without worrying about scratching it or damaging something irreplaceable. Old cars like that are great because of the way they drive and the way they look and I don't think history or provenance has any bearing on those beyond making you feel like a smug gently caress.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've just finished watching the latest episode of regular car reviews (and it's great) and in the background about 13 and a half minutes in I spot what I think is one of these...

...and the entire page where I found this picture is FULL of amazing pieces of art of 50s-70s Pontiac cars. http://www.carstyling.ru/en/entry/Art_Fitzpatrick_and_Van_Kaufman_Jet_Age_Glamour/images/4069/

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Slavvy posted:

I've never gotten the fuss over originals like that. Yes it would be wonderful to have an actual GT40 or something but I'd much rather pay someone a whole lot of money to build me an exact replica, which I can drive and sit in and stuff without worrying about scratching it or damaging something irreplaceable. Old cars like that are great because of the way they drive and the way they look and I don't think history or provenance has any bearing on those beyond making you feel like a smug gently caress.
Besides if you're building a replica you can take some liberties with the creature comforts that the original may be lacking and not have a bunch of fans get angry at you for not keeping a rare car 100% original.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BlackMK4 posted:

That reminded me of something I got ten years ago. I saw a certain RUF (97 CTR2) on the internets in a small picture, so I emailed RUF. They ended up sending me the original image size (not available on the internet anywhere... even now) and mailing me a huge poster of it.

RUF somehow survived past that 80's tuner thing and it's great

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I keep saying some of you guys need to buy military trucks. For instance, Adiabatic needs one... this is an M35A2.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

GramCracker posted:

I absolutely adore it, it has tons of character. Perfect physical size and power ratio. The nav/MMI tech is absolutely insane, it's so much more advanced than any car I've sat in (nicest being a 2013 Merc ML550 probably). As for how it drives, 3 snow storms so far and not an issue. The dual clutch auto trans really allows the car to have a Jekyll/Hyde type of personality. Go drive one!

You buy or lease? I kept my last new car for 7-8 years and I think that might be pushing it with an Audi. You can lease one now for like 450 a month or so for 3yrs. I really like them.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

I keep saying some of you guys need to buy military trucks. For instance, Adiabatic needs one... this is an M35A2.

Picturing this but with an MJ carrying the world's smallest Cat from that video in the Alternative Insanity thread. You'd be unstoppable.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Slavvy posted:

Up in Sacramento, there's a guy who autocrosses his real shelby cobra almost every event. He has the original engine and transmission in storage somewhere, but that guy is my idol.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

nm posted:

Up in Sacramento, there's a guy who autocrosses his real shelby cobra almost every event. He has the original engine and transmission in storage somewhere, but that guy is my idol.

"real" as in a real CSX chassis road car, or an actual race car from the 60s?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

kastein posted:

I've been playing spintires a lot lately and now I've been browsing Craigslist for old military trucks. I just need to figure out a way (or make stupid long ramps) to get the track car in and out of the bed.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

NitroSpazzz posted:

I just need to figure out a way (or make stupid long ramps) to get the track car in and out of the bed.

They've already got you covered:

http://www.peocscss.army.mil/PdMBridging.html