Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Bloodly posted:

It's....french?

We

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Surprised people haven't been dumping old stock since Delta hit. Writing was on the wall on way or another.
It hasn't been effective for years. Any other comments I have should probably wait until the official announcement.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Korgan posted:

I got around this by creating a link to a non-existant page, following it, and then editing that blank page when the wiki gave me the option to. I'll see if I can poke the wiki admin into adding that button though.

EDIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Well, that's certainly a thing. Probably good that I just can't play STO anymore due to lag and disconnects. I'll keep my eyes open in this thread for all the tear reports, though. :allears:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ok after reading that link to the leak I sold all of my plas leeches. Wow the new thing is so much better.

People are gonna get soaked on this. I can see plas leech back at 1m or less once the pubbie shithorde finds out. Thank god for forewarning.

The power creep is real.

The Bajorans were right!

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 18, 2015

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

hakimashou posted:

Ok after reading that link to the leak I sold all of my plas leeches. Wow the new thing is so much better.

People are gonna get soaked on this. I can see plas leech back at 1m or less once the pubbie shithorde finds out. Thank god for forewarning.

The power creep is real.

The Bajorans were right!

Bajorans are never right.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

hakimashou posted:

The power creep is real.

The Bajorans were right!

For gently caress's sake dude, the point of a protected leaks page is to prevent pubbies from seeing this poo poo. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Soviet Commubot posted:

If you told me this person actually did write a 500 page fanfiction about their Star Trek fursona I wouldn't even be surprised. That's what this game has done to me.

I actually decided to Google the book that pubbie was referencing and it ended up being real...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluestar%27s_Prophecy

:catstare:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that book series when I worked at a bookstore.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, huh. I'm not sure if the character being creepy fanfiction for some third-rate furry fantasy makes it better or worse.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Just a quick addition to the ongoing Comanche/mrscomanche train wreck: a few days ago we were making GBS threads up Risa and pissing off mrscomanche when "her" "husband" began constantly cycling through at least three characters - Thrawn, Comanche, Sinister Minister - in order to make it seem like there was a posse of guys rushing to mrscomanche's rescue. Despite all having the same @name, he tried really hard to give each of them different personas.

Also: Streetwalker has stated that he is a better troll than all of Dental combined, but gets pissed when you stand on his sunbathing toon.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

BombermanX posted:

Bluefur@sue790

I use to make burner characters to make these type of players lose their poo poo.

Make a character that is the father of these types.

If you made a "Dad Walker" and made a bio that states you are the father of Streetwalker and just go stand next to Street he will flip his lid. Put in the bio something that contradicts the perfectly planned out character they have created.

I regret not taking screenshots when I did this a year back or so.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CappyBottoms posted:

Haha, I regret that you didn't as well, that sounds hilarious.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

CappyBottoms posted:

I use to make burner characters to make these type of players lose their poo poo.

Make a character that is the father of these types.

If you made a "Dad Walker" and made a bio that states you are the father of Streetwalker and just go stand next to Street he will flip his lid. Put in the bio something that contradicts the perfectly planned out character they have created.

Too bad I have to wait til level 10 or some poo poo before I can start trolling people with throw-away characters

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Shea@bloodyriz

Let's check out their site!

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It's like Geocities never left us.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

I truly miss that site.
Also, some adventures on Risa

[2/18 8:08] Goudeyman@goudeyman222: I have seen every episode of Star Trek as well, I think most people have
[2/18 8:08] T'lass@jessemc222: I dont even like nintendo, microsoft is where its at. And I have never met my dad

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Geocities lives on in all of our hearts.

Eternally under construction.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

BombermanX posted:

Shea@bloodyriz

Let's check out their site!

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress

Gnome de plume posted:

DancingShade posted:

Geocities lives on in all of our hearts.

Eternally under construction.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.
Geocities ate my balls.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
So I logged in and did fire extinguisher twirlies for a few hours tonight, then came back to the pc to this:

quote:

[2/19 9:57] [Zone] Mirror Leeta@Commander_Leeta: Interested in joining not just a fleet, but a FAMILY? Dental is recruiting! Apply today!
[2/19 9:58] [Zone] Dan@zettek: Dental-formerly known as toothless tigers ;-)
[2/19 9:58] [Zone] Mirror Leeta@Commander_Leeta: Are you a middle- to late-middle-aged single man with "inlicnations" that the courts have called "illegal"? We are a fleet of like-minded older single men who will not judge you! Join Dental now!
[2/19 10:08] [Zone] Mize'Kata@erbe85: Anyone here haz catfood for me? ]:-[
[2/19 10:08] [Zone] Mirror Leeta@Commander_Leeta: Seriously, are there any older single men here, like Ipkris, who have been ostracized to the fringes of society for their "inclinations"?
[2/19 10:09] [Zone] Mirror Leeta@Commander_Leeta: We welcome you AND your "proclivities" (despite court orders to the contrary) to Starfleet Dental!
[2/19 10:09] [Zone] Mirror Leeta@Commander_Leeta: In Dental, you may converse with -- and even meet IRL -- like-minded older single men who enjoy the company of those whom the courts have ruled "off limits."
[2/19 10:10] [Zone] Mize'Kata@erbe85: Whats best dental care for fangs if you eat a lot of catfood? ]:-[
[2/19 10:10] [Zone] Mirror Leeta@Commander_Leeta: Dental doens't provide dental care, but they DO provide conversation with like-mided older single men
[2/19 10:11] [Zone] Mirror Leeta@Commander_Leeta: If you have a record, and have to "register" with the local police every time you move, Dental is the place for you! Ipkris knows. Apply today!
[2/19 10:11] [Zone] Mize'Kata@erbe85: But i allready joined the felinoid concersation club sponsored by Starfleet Dental *TM
[2/19 10:12] [Zone] Mize'Kata@erbe85: *conversation

"++turnleft" and wedge a $2 coin under my "6" key for two hours while I played Skyrim; "low effort" doesn't begin to describe it.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 19, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I just use the (lovely but effective) macro software that came with my keyboard to do the same thing.

Eternal horta summoning, endless balloons all day while I'm out, etc.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

These are all what I did to get pubbies to hate me. Only thing that I did differently was I left it on for days at a time.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Yet they all still love Mrs. Tovan.

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010
Requesting Wiki access, username is Midgetman

thanks

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Is this update nerfing the +Beam spire console + Romney Embassy Sci Console build?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Not yet. Cryptic's said they want to stop the plasma doping builds but they apparently haven't really decided on how yet. I suspect a lot of it is that they're unsure on how to keep multiple consoles from proccing simultaneously since the code involved is a mess. :v: Unless they absolutely nerf the proc into the ground it will still be a useful build though, and +beam spire consoles are (in practice) close enough to the +type consoles that it's probably good to have a set anyway just because you can a lot of flexibility and lose like less than 1% damage for the effort anyway.

Although by all appearances, so far this patch did nerf the ability to actually log in and play the game. Still down and with no ETA for coming back up.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
The Atari 2600 running the game finally gave up the ghost. :911:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Godspeed. :911:

Also I guess the current ETA is 3PM PST now? So only six hours of surprise downtime. Who wants to bet it'll be a laggy rubberbanding mess even when it comes back up?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Not yet. Cryptic's said they want to stop the plasma doping builds but they apparently haven't really decided on how yet. I suspect a lot of it is that they're unsure on how to keep multiple consoles from proccing simultaneously since the code involved is a mess. :v: Unless they absolutely nerf the proc into the ground it will still be a useful build though, and +beam spire consoles are (in practice) close enough to the +type consoles that it's probably good to have a set anyway just because you can a lot of flexibility and lose like less than 1% damage for the effort anyway.

Although by all appearances, so far this patch did nerf the ability to actually log in and play the game. Still down and with no ETA for coming back up.

The update also buffed the hell out of Tachyon Beam. Because I guess they put out a trait that uses it?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Probably. I guess they got some metrics in that nobody was buying or leveling the science version of the command boat and someone finally realized after three years that tachyon beam was absolutely loving useless. :geno:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

HOW AM I GOING TO TROLL PUBBIES WITH THE loving SERVER BEING DOWN?

drat YOU CRYPTIC!!!! :argh:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Star Trek Offline: Server Dying

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

Probably. I guess they got some metrics in that nobody was buying or leveling the science version of the command boat and someone finally realized after three years that tachyon beam was absolutely loving useless. :geno:

What a shame the only extra enhancement you can get through doffs is a turn rate debuff. Some extra craziness might make the power worthwhile on scihole builds.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Server's up, by the way.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SKY COQ posted:

The update also buffed the hell out of Tachyon Beam. Because I guess they put out a trait that uses it?

Enough it's actually worth using?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Enough it's actually worth using?

Borticus posted:

Patch notes aren't meant to relay the entire picture. They're just too succinct a format to work for that.

So, to hopefully ally a few fears I already see floating about, I'll share a few example figures of the changes being applied to Tachyon Beam in tomorrow's patch:

- Base magnitudes increased dramatically
- Benefit that can be gained from Auxiliary Power and Flow Capacitors reduced.

Examples:

* 0 Flow Capacitor Skill and 15 Aux Power = ~194% increase to Drain amount (close to triple the current value)
* 100 Skill + 100 Aux Power = ~75% increase to Drain amount
* 300 skill + 135 Aux Power = ~39% increase to Drain amount

So, as you can see, even at extremely-high end, the ability will be receiving an improvement.

I hope that helps. If it's still unclear, please ask any additional questions here and I'll attempt to answer them.

Reasonable buff, but I dunno. I haven't played any of the DR endgame stuff yet so I don't know how shield strips come into it. Could potentially help?

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
I dumped STO a LONG time ago and betrayed my oath to the Federation by dumping my account on playerauctions for a crap load of money end of 2013 (I had all the special collectors packs - most of which were kind of useless after a while).

But it has been a long time. Getting up to level 50 was kind of fun. My rage and resentment of lockboxes, the sickening paywalls and P2W have faded after a period of STO abstinence.

What's changed? Last I was online with STO they were just introducing the Romulans. I enjoyed the Borg Coop missions and flying aimlessly collecting loot in empty PvP areas.

Some suggestions would be great.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jethro_E7 posted:

But it has been a long time. Getting up to level 50 was kind of fun. My rage and resentment of lockboxes, the sickening paywalls and P2W have faded after a period of STO abstinence.

You felt that just after the Romulans? That's back in the halcyon days of the game when things were good and the P2W freemium game crap was at its least obnoxious.

The latest expansion has tried to ratchet it up towards kMMO levels. Be warned.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Jethro_E7 posted:

I dumped STO a LONG time ago and betrayed my oath to the Federation by dumping my account on playerauctions for a crap load of money end of 2013 (I had all the special collectors packs - most of which were kind of useless after a while).

What's changed? Last I was online with STO they were just introducing the Romulans. I enjoyed the Borg Coop missions and flying aimlessly collecting loot in empty PvP areas.

Some suggestions would be great.

I don't mean to get all up in your biz but what does/did a decent STO account go for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Midgetman posted:

Requesting Wiki access, username is Midgetman

thanks

You're in.

• Locked thread