Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

JaysonAych posted:

It was actually a group of squids being lovely to other motorists, and that cop was the only one nearby to deal with it. When the shitheads refused to comply with orders to stop and started getting aggressive with the cop, the cop felt it best to leave the area since there were 50 of them and he didn't have back up. The waver is taunting the cop as he's leaving.

So of course the guy posts the video on YouTube, and the cops quickly find him and the 90 marijuana plants in his house.

Wow didn't know that last part. Good. gently caress those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont know, marijuana is pretty cool

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

Thanks chaps, you're both cool and good.

Very nice!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

I dont know, marijuana is pretty cool

Only if you live in Colorado or Washington. Anywhere else I'm pretty sure 90 plants means he'll never see the outside of jail again.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

veedubfreak posted:

90 plants means he'll never see the outside of jail again.

Hahahahahaha.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

90 whole marijuanas? It's the chair for you mister

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Death by lethal injection (of 90 marijuanas)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

We jest but there are lots and lots of people, whose vote counts as much as yours, that 100% believe that poo poo.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

From this

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

LOL, what the gently caress is Dangan Rompa

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

http://lparchive.org/Dangan-Ronpa/

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

A lovely anime murder mystery game that never made it out of Japan until some guy started translating it on the LP subforum and it got way too popular on tumblr.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gary Busey was already creepy enough before he turned into the loving Corinthian. :stare:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I got called out on twitter for responding to a tweet during this whole thing just telling people if they were that upset that they don't have a credit card to just buy a prepaid one and like 60 people flipped their poo poo on me it was pretty great.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Geemer posted:

A lovely anime murder mystery game that never made it out of Japan until some guy started translating it on the LP subforum and it got way too popular on tumblr.

Yeah, the short of it is that the guy's Let's Play was quite literally the only translation in existence. Hence Tumblr latching on and hanging on for dear life. The best parts were Slowbeef getting Lowtax to put up the Paywall occasionally just to make them lose their collective goddamn minds :allears:.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Only if you live in Colorado or Washington. Anywhere else I'm pretty sure 90 plants means he'll never see the outside of jail again.

And Oregon.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Satisfying on a very visceral level.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

EXAKT Science posted:

Satisfying on a very visceral level.

I live in NC and we had an ice storm this week that put a half inch on my car. When I went out to clean it off today (didn't leave the house yesterday), it came off in dinner plate sized chunks. It was one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. It was like breaking in to a giant egg to get to my car.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this was a good joke you deserve credit

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

This was my favourite part of The Last of Us.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, the short of it is that the guy's Let's Play was quite literally the only translation in existence. Hence Tumblr latching on and hanging on for dear life. The best parts were Slowbeef getting Lowtax to put up the Paywall occasionally just to make them lose their collective goddamn minds :allears:.

I caught the tail end of some added drama when the guy who did the first one started on the sequel. About halfway through, the makers of the game announced they were going to be doing an English version so, given that the Let's Play forum forbids you from doing a game until it has been out for a good long while, he just stopped.

So there were all these people who had just paid their :10bux: to read the next great thread only to have it locked on them with no hope that it'll get reopened for, like, two years or something.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

...About halfway through, the makers of the game announced they were going to be doing an English version so, given that the Let's Play forum forbids you from doing a game until it has been out for a good long while...

Really? Why?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Davfff posted:

Really? Why?

The real reason for doing LPs is to share a game you love or to entertain, but it also acts as an advertisement for the game and if it's going to be coming out soon like Dangan Ronpa (or however you spell it) it might make some people who would buy not. It's just kind of an etiquette thing. As well as the three month policy (no LPs of game released in the last 3 months) is there for people who don't like spoilers.

Also yeah gently caress the Tumblr idiots complaining about not being able to read a translation that that dude worked on. Like really $10 is not a lot.

uhhh gif

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Haruharuharuko posted:

The real reason for doing LPs is to share a game you love or to entertain, but it also acts as an advertisement for the game and if it's going to be coming out soon like Dangan Ronpa (or however you spell it) it might make some people who would buy not. It's just kind of an etiquette thing. As well as the three month policy (no LPs of game released in the last 3 months) is there for people who don't like spoilers.

Three month rule is no longer in effect actually.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm pretty certain the 6/3 month rule had little to do with spoilers and more to do with quality control to discourage people from doing the thing youtube superstars do.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Source please?

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Oxyclean posted:

I'm pretty certain the 6/3 month rule had little to do with spoilers and more to do with quality control to discourage people from doing the thing youtube superstars do.

I'm pretty sure they also gave the occasional (read: Very rare) exception to it, if you could give a good reason as for why it couldn't wait until the final release/a few months (and I figure having a pre-existing LP with far more effort involved than the 'Youtube superstars' would feel like doing, would count as a very good reason)

Since I know how much you lot loves Doctor Who:

The source is probably knowyourmeme.com, but I don't have a direct link anymore, given I downloaded these like a year ago.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Doctor Who erases all the goodwill Britain gained with all their other shows I like

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Linked for large.

http://i.imgur.com/kP92Yr7.gif

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

sigma 6 posted:

Source please?

found on imgur sorry :(

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ElGroucho posted:

Doctor Who erases all the goodwill Britain gained with all their other shows I like

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I always lose my poo poo at the parts in the sequel video where you can hear Lowtax mimicking Shmorky from another room.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker