Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Febreeze posted:

Jesus gently caress these are awful

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

like...holy poo poo, all of them (Giants are the worst) are just atrocious. This can't be an actual design company because gently caress, everyone in the Farthouse could make better designs than this

a lot of them are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Most of them are just the current logo blown up 100%. A few of them are alright but most of them are just bad

The Steelers one, ugh

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'm going to give you guys a heads up: if the Browns get a new helmet, I'm going to make a post saying the Bengals got a new helmet too, and post a picture of the new browns helmet with tiger stripes over it in MS paint. It's gonna be fuckin hilarious, I bet you all can't wait for the dogshit browns to get a new piss baby helmet

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Febreeze posted:

like...holy poo poo, all of them (Giants are the worst) are just atrocious. This can't be an actual design company because gently caress, everyone in the Farthouse could make better designs than this
The Cowboys helmet is unironically awesome. So are some of the white helmets but mostly just by virtue of being white helmets.

The Seahawks and Panthers helmets are ironically awesome. It's one thing to mess with a sacred institution of a logo like the Bears but let's not pretend we can't have fun with the stuff that's 90s as gently caress already

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm going to give you guys a heads up: if the Browns get a new helmet, I'm going to make a post saying the Bengals got a new helmet too, and post a picture of the new browns helmet with tiger stripes over it in MS paint. It's gonna be fuckin hilarious, I bet you all can't wait for the dogshit browns to get a new piss baby helmet

the funniest thing for the Bengals to do would be to just take the old Browns helmets though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pasaluki posted:

The Rams helmet is especially legendary because they may have been the first helmet logo ever and haven't changed significantly since the 1940s

Michigan I think? I guess Princeton after according to wiki (the guy then went on to be Michigan's coach and AD). I think the Rams were first in the NFL though.

e: I guess after actually reading that article it claims the Giants, Bears and Steelers used winged helmets for a year or two in the 30s. But only a year or two so it barely counts.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Feb 19, 2015

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Raku posted:

the funniest thing for the Bengals to do would be to just take the old Browns helmets though
I loved their lazy old helmets that just had BENGALS on them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Febreeze posted:

Why is there a design for the loving Oilers? And why is it the only one that's kinda not awful?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bills one owns, panthers one owns, dolphins one owns, lions one owns, cowboys one owns

rams one looks like a bowling ball with a logo but not in the amazing way the dolphins one does

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Grittybeard posted:

Michigan I think? I guess Princeton after according to wiki (the guy then went on to be Michigan's coach and AD). I think the Rams were first in the NFL though.

e: I guess after actually reading that article it claims the Giants, Bears and Steelers used winged helmets for a year or two in the 30s. But only a year or two so it barely counts.

The winged helmet was a leather helmet design not a logo. It did't count until they painted it on a helmet that has no business having a wing on it. So you can only count it when ever that happened.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Alouicious posted:

bills one owns, panthers one owns, dolphins one owns, lions one owns, cowboys one owns

rams one looks like a bowling ball with a logo but not in the amazing way the dolphins one does

They all look like bowling balls every single one of them. Except the Oilers.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Febreeze posted:

So in this alternate universe the NFL is actually the Arena League?

The thousand-yard stare on the Browns one makes me think of Tonydungystaring.gif

Edit:

Staring Dungy taken from Draw Play #43.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 19, 2015

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
New helmet should just be a wrap around Guernica print and they should paint the field blood red as part of their rebranding.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

I kinda like the Dolphins. It's just so over the top it's great.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I miss the Oilers. Their unis were dope as gently caress.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Atticus Finch posted:

I miss the Oilers. Their unis were dope as gently caress.

I wish Houston had gone the Cleveland route and were like "gently caress you, we're keeping the name"

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wish Houston had gone the Cleveland route and were like "gently caress you, we're keeping the name"

JJ Watt as an Oiler needs to happen.

Febreeze posted:

Man gently caress that Bears helmet. Everything about it: the blue-to-orange fade, the gigantic logo tilted on its axis to be EXTREEEME and IN YOUR FACE...jesus that thing sucks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Dolphins one really does look like a bowling ball. We should adopt those and wear the old orange alternate jerseys every game.

Also, orange pants.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

So in this alternate universe the NFL is actually the Arena League?

The thousand-yard stare on the Browns one makes me think of Tonydungystaring.gif

Edit:

Staring Dungy taken from Draw Play #43.

:magical:

Now add his son swinging in the background.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Chilichimp posted:

:magical:

Now add his son swinging in the background.

It would be too difficult to differentiate his son with the average Browns fan.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Some of those new helmet concepts were okay but the fact that they were all the same makes the collection terrible

Also nobody seems to get that some logos, Steelers for instance, just can't be messed with. It works because it's this out of date dumb little symbol, you can't jazz it up and update it, it's just what it is

Also rams and eagles helmets are really awesome already so leave em

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

My coworker sent me that collection yesterday, and my instant laughing fit at the Giants one was so unprofessional.

Him: "I thought they looked good :( "

Me: "Oh. Ohhhhh... :smith:"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I like about half of them, but I often enjoy terrible things.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
All those alternating logos remind me of when MLB did the "Turn Ahead the Clock" night games where they simply just blew up the logo for a lot of teams:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Just looked again at the yellow Chiefs helmet. loving lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The trademark of a bad designer is the fear of negative space

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The trademark of a bad designer is the fear of negative space

I don't get it, why would bad designers be afraid of your posts ha ha ha

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don't get it, why would bad designers be afraid of the Bengals trophy room

:smug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That all felt like a trap, Mel. Are you trapping people now?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
They should follow the fashion rule, remove one accessory when you go out

Unlike the Aaron Hernandez rule, remove one while you're out and make your girlfriend an accessory

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

alas, i am slain

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

football fuckerman posted:

They should follow the fashion rule, remove one accessory when you go out

Unlike the Aaron Hernandez rule, remove one while you're out and make your girlfriend an accessory

This is why I smile when I see that rap has posted

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

They have a couple afc championship trophies.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

*drives home after getting brutally owned by Mel, lays down in bed, immediately thinks of "why would bad designers be afraid of a Milledgeville jail cell"* god DAMMIT

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

*drives home after getting brutally owned by Mel, lays down in bed, immediately thinks of "why would bad designers be afraid of a Milledgeville jail cell"* god DAMMIT

You could go for a team switching joke if Flikken hadn't already set the bar in the farthouse thread.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You could go for a team switching joke if Flikken hadn't already set the bar in the farthouse thread.

Team switching jokes are too easy, and I've owned you before with one, but I don't read the farthouse so hopefully I'll arrive at the ultimate own independently

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Team switching jokes are too easy, and I've owned you before with one, but I don't read the farthouse so hopefully I'll arrive at the ultimate own independently

I respect your dedication to the craft

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I respect your dedication to the craft

I just looked at the flikken post and lol

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

SA2K posted:

The Dolphins one rules

The water effect definitely looks awesome. Not sure you can really carry that over for other teams. A cloudy look for the Chargers maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Please don't magnify the Bears' logo, it just makes the bear look really surprised instead of angry/menacing/whatever

• Locked thread