Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015

Snapchat A Titty posted:

They weren't really a bizarro gang as much as Frank just really really wanted them to be.

This is the joke. There were literally no clear comparisons between the two groups, which broke his brain a little because those archetypes are all he knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Viginti posted:

This is the joke. There were literally no clear comparisons between the two groups, which broke his brain a little because those archetypes are all he knows.

There was a brief moment when they had lost their bar and the guy stood up about $75k in fines that I thought it would be revealed they were scamming Frank gang-style.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Was the second guy that was trying to buy the Range Rover a famous person?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't know why but I found the dee/charlie scenes to just be adorable, I always thought it was one of the 'least believable' aspects of the gang's social dynamic that Charlie doesn't try to hit on dee more often and I felt it was a nice moment for both characters that they finally got it on, can't wait to see how this gets brought up in the future.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I don't know why but I found the dee/charlie scenes to just be adorable, I always thought it was one of the 'least believable' aspects of the gang's social dynamic that Charlie doesn't try to hit on dee more often and I felt it was a nice moment for both characters that they finally got it on, can't wait to see how this gets brought up in the future.

Nothing happened you goddamn BITCH!

Great episode, I was happy to see they acknowledged the development of the gang from a relatively normal group of friends in Season 1 to the madhouse of more recent seasons.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Thought I recognized bizarro Dee from somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQudjZpMuyo

vvvv Oh well they look similar!

Weaponized Autism fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 19, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, you recognized wrong because that wasn't Maria Bamford, though I concede there's some similarity.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
It's too bad they already did a Dee pregnancy plot because she could have Charlie's baby.

conrack
Oct 4, 2006

Meatwave posted:

It's too bad they already did a Dee pregnancy plot because she could have Charlie's baby.

What if she's just real life pregnant again? I could imagine them getting together to start writing the season and Rob popping up like 'Soooo...I got Kaitlin pregnant. Charlie, you're gonna be the dad this time. Get ready to gently caress my wife.'

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The use of music during this season has been absolutely fantastic.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Tailored Sauce posted:

Thought I recognized bizarro Dee from somewhere.

I thought she looked familiar too, and it just hit me.

She was Fez's psycho girlfriend on That 70's Show:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

They work well together, Charlie's totally fine with Dee's weird acting decisions and she manages to keep him vaguely grounded. I kind of hope this becomes a thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

conrack posted:

What if she's just real life pregnant again? I could imagine them getting together to start writing the season and Rob popping up like 'Soooo...I got Kaitlin pregnant. Charlie, you're gonna be the dad this time. Get ready to gently caress my wife.'

Charlie reveals that he got Mary Elizabeth Ellis pregnant and they go with DeVito being the father.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Thumbtacks posted:

They work well together, Charlie's totally fine with Dee's weird acting decisions and she manages to keep him vaguely grounded. I kind of hope this becomes a thing.

Their scene at the diner was pretty much the only time in the show we've had two characters actually being supportive of one another, both of them working to deescelate the situation, it was nice.

"I'm not a themostat" and that entire awkward exchange in general was hysterical though.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Never did I think I'd see "shipping" in a Sunny thread.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Never did I think I'd see a single healthy relationship dynamic in the show :colbert:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's not shipping if they actually hooked up in the show, furthermore

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Truly Chardee is the name we'd have to choose.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I think that may have been one of my favorite episodes this season. The Dee/Charlie stuff was surprisingly sweet and their def jam poetry was pretty funny, and I loved Dennis' freakout and Frank's utter destruction of another group's livelihood. Some of the B-plots in this season have been a little uneven (with the standard bits of brilliant hilarity) but there was just something about this last episode that was just top notch throughout.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TraderStav posted:

Truly Chardee is the name we'd have to choose.

Oh god, what if we've had it backwards and the reason Dennis is getting so unhinged is because HE is the one ignoring his true feelings...

MacDennis 2015

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I hope they've got a strong endgame in mind for Dennis, because this escalation is great but I can't really see it ending any other way than him literally murdering someone, and him not going to prison for it would probably be a little bit of a stretch even for a show where the characters rarely legal consequences.

Also I like Charlie/Dee scenes because, like Dennis and Mac, the characters really support and heighten each other in a way that they don't really with the others.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waltzing Along posted:

As soon as that poetry scene started I said, they gonna bang.

Welp.

Hope they bang some more.

I read some of the forum comments before watching the episode and when I got to this one I was almost positive the "they" who were going to bang were Mac and Dennis.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I always thought it was one of the 'least believable' aspects of the gang's social dynamic that Charlie doesn't try to hit on dee more often.

Oh, please. Charlie has a very stable relationship with the waitress.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Charlie did hit on Dee twice before, once in in "Aluminum monster vs. fatty mcgoo" after he gets all riled up thinking about the woman from Dennis's drawing and he also tries to bang her in "Charlie rules the world", one of the outtakes from that episode even has him asking her to suck his dick but they obviously didn't go with that on the actual episode, both times she turns him down.

It's a good thing though that eventually he does get to fill her dickhole.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Everyone was trying to be normal except Frank, who started making horse noises,

Thumbtacks posted:

Watch them build up the secrecy and then Dennis finally finds out and goes, "Oh, I don't care. We don't care, none of us care. You're both disgusting garbage-people. Look at Frank. Do I give a poo poo what he's porking? No, because he's just trash, like you."

suboptimal posted:

I think that may have been one of my favorite episodes this season. The Dee/Charlie stuff was surprisingly sweet and their def jam poetry was pretty funny, and I loved Dennis' freakout and Frank's utter destruction of another group's livelihood. Some of the B-plots in this season have been a little uneven (with the standard bits of brilliant hilarity) but there was just something about this last episode that was just top notch throughout.

Totally agree with everything. I felt Dennis' breaking point was a little forced until I realized he only seethed at the guy who was more attractive than him. What made the episode top-tier for me was they somehow managed to make a genuinely sweet "aww, they all need each other" moment while keeping everyone as scummy as always.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

It makes no sense that they can say "creampie" 40 times in one episode - quite a few of which were not just misunderstood to be a food - but they still have to bleep "gently caress."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Crows Turn Off posted:

It makes no sense that they can say "creampie" 40 times in one episode - quite a few of which were not just misunderstood to be a food - but they still have to bleep "gently caress."

Outdated TV standards systems that aren't made to keep up with the times.

Just look at the stuff Seinfeld was able to get away with without saying anything. Episodes about oral sex, casual sex, masturbation, sex and more sex. Yet they never overtly referred to the acts. But that was totally okay because they didn't use any naughty words that would hurt someones ears.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Just look at the stuff Seinfeld was able to get away with without saying anything. Episodes about oral sex, casual sex, masturbation, sex and more sex. Yet they never overtly referred to the acts. But that was totally okay because they didn't use any naughty words that would hurt someones ears.

He doesn't really like to do everything.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Pyzza Rouge posted:

Watch them build up the secrecy and then Dennis finally finds out and goes, "Oh, I don't care. We don't care, none of us care. You're both disgusting garbage-people. Look at Frank. Do I give a poo poo what he's porking? No, because he's just trash, like you."

Since it seemed like the ending of the episode represented a reset to the status quo, my guess is that the Dee/Charlie thing will never be brought up or acknowledged again. This feels like it would be the most Sunny way to do it, and also the saddest, since that might've been these two broken people's only chance at happiness.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, I was re-watching Chappelle's Show the other night and it had a great example of this with the R Kelly "Ignition" music video sketch. The whole sketch is about pissing and making GBS threads all over women and making them drink piss but it's OK because he uses the words "pee pee" and "doo doo" for the most part.

Tom P. Baxter
Apr 26, 2005
How do you know my language!?!?!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Oh god, what if we've had it backwards and the reason Dennis is getting so unhinged is because HE is the one ignoring his true feelings...

MacDennis 2015

Last week I was wondering just how far their research went.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I think if the gang actually did split up for some reason that Charlie is the only one that would do OK. Outside of his fixation with the waitress (which we haven't really seen in a while), he's the least delusional of the group. He'd find some crappy job and live in his crappy apartment and he'd be OK with it.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

dead in real life posted:

Since it seemed like the ending of the episode represented a reset to the status quo, my guess is that the Dee/Charlie thing will never be brought up or acknowledged again. This feels like it would be the most Sunny way to do it, and also the saddest, since that might've been these two broken people's only chance at happiness.

This show is really excellent at incrementally building on poo poo without going too far so I would actually expect to see more sexual tension between Charlie and Dee from now on.

Derv1sh
May 24, 2005

Oh, come on, don’t leave your Uncle Teabag hanging
My favourite part of the episode was when Dennis lost his poo poo at the ski guy, he screams at him with his neck bulging after the guy walks off. He catches himself and tries to shrug it off, realising how weird he must look. Its quite subtle but GH is nailing it. I just hope they don't push Dennis too far that he can't be reeled in again.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Derv1sh posted:

My favourite part of the episode was when Dennis lost his poo poo at the ski guy, he screams at him with his neck bulging after the guy walks off. He catches himself and tries to shrug it off, realising how weird he must look. Its quite subtle but GH is nailing it. I just hope they don't push Dennis too far that he can't be reeled in again.

It's a great scene in a really good episode. The only thing that kind of falls flat for me is the Frank subplot. Maybe Man-Cheetah redeems it though.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I'm waiting for the reveal that Dennis has been in Serial Killer mode for months.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's a good thing though that eventually he does get to fill her dickhole.

That's one of my favorite exchanges in the entire series.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

TUS posted:

Was the second guy that was trying to buy the Range Rover a famous person?

He was the dude that was like Magellan he was so gellin.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
This was a good episode, but when the episode first started and they were making meta jokes about how the gang has gotten more and more crazy and less realistic over the years, and then they started talking about how they were going to leave the gang and get less crazy and become more normal, I started to get excited at the idea that when everyone left the gang their behavior would make a real radical change and that this episode might be the start of a two or three episode run where everyone started to act like real, normal people and not absurd in any way. This was a completely crazy thing for me to think, because of course they wouldn't do that, for a million different reasons, not the least of which is that if they did act like normal people, the show wouldn't even be a comedy anymore. But still, as crazy as that idea was, it excited me. And I think the reason it excited me is because, as good as the show still is, I've been watching the same characters do the same basic stuff for years and years, and no matter how good it is, the characters just can't have the same impact they used to have, and the idea of these characters and the tone of the show becoming drastically different was, at least in some part of my mind, something refreshing and new and exciting. And even though something like that would never work, I still felt a little depressed that everything went back to the way it was at the end of the episode. When the episode started I felt as if a cage that was around my mind had been lifted, and I got a sense of true freedom that I'd never even knew existed before, and when the episode ended, I felt like the cage had snapped back into place. That all comes off as way too dramatic, I still like the show a lot and will keep watching it, but I really did have those bizarre feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Watching those two make out didn't make me happy, it grossed me out. It was like watching siblings kiss or something. I guess this is why I don't understand fan fiction.