Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

15 year old Lexus, wasn't sure if the suspension was blown or just weighed down from all the junk inside the car. I decided it was both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Nightflame posted:

first roadrager i've had ... (only been licensed afew years)

sits up my car's rear end for about 5 minutes while traffics flowing, then cuts me off in thick traffic, barely missing the front of my car.

then moves into the breakdown lane and gets alongside me.

and starts whacking my car with a cricket bat... while driving at about 70km's an hour... on a busy freeway in just after 5pm traffic.

I threw one of those window-breaking emergency hammer things at some rear end in a top hat's truck who was throwing beer cans at my car and brake checking me on the freeway and smashed out his windshield at 90mph. Does that make me a crazy road rager?

disclaimer: I was 16

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HEY VAPER posted:

I threw one of those window-breaking emergency hammer things at some rear end in a top hat's truck who was throwing beer cans at my car and brake checking me on the freeway and smashed out his windshield at 90mph. Does that make me a crazy road rager?

disclaimer: I was 16

Yes.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Also, that story is pretty unlikely because those hammers don't work on windshields.

It doing anything more than cracking the windshield is pretty unlikely, and I'd bet good money it wouldn't do anything approaching "smash (it) out".

So you're just a fantasy road rager.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Krakkles posted:

Also, that story is pretty unlikely because those hammers don't work on windshields.

It doing anything more than cracking the windshield is pretty unlikely, and I'd bet good money it wouldn't do anything approaching "smash (it) out".

So you're just a fantasy road rager.

It was really dark and the guy pulled over right away, I have no clue if it actually blew his windshield up but it certainly got him to stop brake checking me and throwing beer cans at my car. Maybe it just cracked his windshield or made a loud noise and scared him or something, I didn't stop to find out.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Regarding unsecured loads, I remember my buddy drove from a wine store to his house with around $2000 of wine (in boxes, at least) just left to slide around the bed of his pickup as it wanted. Nothing happened, but I couldn't help but wonder why the gently caress he didn't just put it on the rear seat like a normal goddamn person would (it was expensive wine, there were only two or three cases, and it was a Tundra with a huge rear seat), or perhaps try to secure it somehow, or at least try and drive a bit smoother than he did.

I think a lot of this retarded behaviour comes about from the, "well, it worked last time just fine!" school of thinking.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

HEY VAPER posted:

It was really dark and the guy pulled over right away, I have no clue if it actually blew his windshield up but it certainly got him to stop brake checking me and throwing beer cans at my car. Maybe it just cracked his windshield or made a loud noise and scared him or something, I didn't stop to find out.

so wait, were you in front of him (threw poo poo on his windshield) or was he in front of you (threw poo poo at you and brake checked you)?

Because otherwise I need you to tell me how to build a wormhole generator.

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 18, 2015

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Do pigeons count as people we share a road with? On my way to Top Gear Live on Saturday and not 5 miles from my house a pigeon flies headlong into my car and destroys my front grille. Of course there's no hard shoulder so I have to drive another couple of miles with the thing wedged in there like a redneck hood ornament, dumping clouds of feathers and pigeon poo poo over me and anyone unlucky enough to get behind me.

Luckily there's no serious damage but now BMW get to gently caress me in the rear end for a foot-long piece of plastic all because pigeons are retarded.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
92-year-old man crashes into 10 cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azDu3ysu-I8

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Uthor posted:

92-year-old man crashes into 10 cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azDu3ysu-I8

Grandpa don't give a gently caress. :frogc00l:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles posted:

God drat it.

I'm driving home tonight, getting off the freeway because there's a traffic jam up ahead, another guy gets the same idea. Exit ramp is backed up, I'm sitting in line.

He drives over the goddamn median (shoulder?) into the side of my Mustang. Like, pulls along side, makes like he's going to merge in, then literally attempts to merge in.

rear end. Hole.
In a rare turn of events, I have an update with good news on this story!

I got a call from his insurance company this morning that they're accepting full responsibility. I feel much better now!

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Three inches of ice fell on the Carolinas Monday night. The state shut down Tuesday. Today, however, people are out in droves. I took a 15-minute drive and saw no fewer than 20 tank commanders. It's above freezing and the ice is melting, they just only chipped it off tiny sections of windshield. I saw over a dozen hood- and roof-sized plates of inch-thick ice flip up off cars and smash into the street at 45-55mph. The roads were littered with these debris piles, too.

To make it even better, the county put down about four inches of salt along major roads. It was an absolute chore avoiding those roads today.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Three inches of ice fell on the Carolinas Monday night. The state shut down Tuesday. Today, however, people are out in droves. I took a 15-minute drive and saw no fewer than 20 tank commanders. It's above freezing and the ice is melting, they just only chipped it off tiny sections of windshield. I saw over a dozen hood- and roof-sized plates of inch-thick ice flip up off cars and smash into the street at 45-55mph. The roads were littered with these debris piles, too.

People are so loving stupid, it amazes me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Now you southern folk know what all us northerners are talking about every time it snows. You've seen our hell, man. :stonklol:

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
I'll admit, I'm often bad at this whole clearing the whole roof thing, but I at least make sure that anything that remains is either less than dollar sized, powder, or will require a jackhammer to remove.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Krakkles posted:

In a rare turn of events, I have an update with good news on this story!

I got a call from his insurance company this morning that they're accepting full responsibility. I feel much better now!
Nice! How bad was the damage? Gonna fix it up?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cage posted:

Nice! How bad was the damage? Gonna fix it up?
Purely cosmetic, a scrape down the driver's side. Absolutely - the car isn't perfect, but I try to take care of it.

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy

Not sure how it is attached.

Gom Jabbar fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 19, 2015

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They tied it around the metal part that the trunk latch hangs onto.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Your image? Badly.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Gom Jabbar posted:

How what is attached?

Oh hey, there's a trailer over there.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

In my fantasy universe, there's some kind of idiotic gooseneck hitch in the trunk of that car.

I know there isn't, but it is nice to dream.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

They tied it around the metal part that the trunk latch hangs onto.

Please be lying. I'm hoping they spent money on some fancy hitch that bolts into the spare tire well if that's a thing that exists.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, a redneck hauling around a four wheeler with a car spent money to get a proper trailer hitch in his sedan.

:haw:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Please be lying. I'm hoping they spent money on some fancy hitch that bolts into the spare tire well if that's a thing that exists.

lmbo look at this guy thinking that anything like whats in the picture is done properly.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

This seems strangely appropriate after many of the recent 'winter' posts in this thread. Ignore the meme, it's all about the photo.

Stolen from George Takai's FB page:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Gom Jabbar posted:

In case the subtle hints from other posters haven't sunk in, fix your loving image. Do this:

code:
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/rSNM3Dw.jpg[/timg]
or this

code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/rSNM3Dwl.jpg[/img]
(note the "l" at the end of the filename)

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy
Looked fine on my tablet when I posted it. Oh well.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I timg just to be safe when I phone post. Also when I post regularly, because my monitor is so huge that I forget what resolution peasants run.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Do pigeons count as people we share a road with? On my way to Top Gear Live on Saturday and not 5 miles from my house a pigeon flies headlong into my car and destroys my front grille. Of course there's no hard shoulder so I have to drive another couple of miles with the thing wedged in there like a redneck hood ornament, dumping clouds of feathers and pigeon poo poo over me and anyone unlucky enough to get behind me.

Luckily there's no serious damage but now BMW get to gently caress me in the rear end for a foot-long piece of plastic all because pigeons are retarded.

I'm going to straight up quote from one of my old stories:

my rear end posted:

So my buddy picked up a Z31 300ZX for free from a farmer’s field. After he was done driving it home, we started to pull it apart to give it a solid cleaning which is when we realized the entire car is massive rust holes. The floorpans were basically held together only with carpet and the firewall, with massive 3-4 inch holes running alongside the frame rails on each side.

Deciding that the shell must now be trashed, we set out on a search to get a replacement shell. We ended up finding one in BC (a 7 hour drive away) and my buddy contacted the owner, who reassured him that the car features no fiberglass, doesn’t leak and has never been crashed.

Off we go one hot July morning in a borrowed Ram (after a small incident having to rewire and reinflate the tires of the rented U-Haul ghetto trailer). A few hours into the drive, we take out a flock of birds on the highway, with one particularly intrepid bird punching a hole into the AC condenser with its skull.

On the ferry between the mainland and the island with the 300ZX, I notice that the various assorted hippies are staring at us and our truck in mild horror. Figuring it’s just them being unfamiliar with a trailer-equipped Alberta-plated Ram, I step out of the truck to get some fresh air and realize that the truck is not only caked in blood and feathers but that there are still parts of birds crammed between the grille and shattered AC condenser, dripping blood onto the ferry floor. I increase my distance from the truck and rapidly disappear into the ferry’s bathroom.

When we get there (after a high-speed mountain-road episode with a deer) we realize that the car is stuck in the middle of a swamp, the dude is nowhere to be found, and the car is fiberglassed, rotten, filled with water, crooked, and carries stickers from a collision repair shop in the city we lived in and just drove seven hours away from. We go home empty-handed.

Still not the worst car purchase I’ve ever attempted.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Why the gently caress do people do this? I see this regularly.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

The Locator posted:

This seems strangely appropriate after many of the recent 'winter' posts in this thread. Ignore the meme, it's all about the photo.

Hey, at least the windows are uncovered. Much better than the tank commander bullshit I see on the one or two days it snows down here in Dallas.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

nitrogen posted:

Hey, at least the windows are uncovered. Much better than the tank commander bullshit I see on the one or two days it snows down here in Dallas.

Until he touches the brakes and it all slides onto the hood. Or, well, it likely won't get that fast, but :P

I'm hoping someone did that for the photo-op, then finished cleaning it.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

The Locator posted:

This bug driver uses ONE WEIRD TRICK to get heat in the winter! ACVW nerds HATE him!
the cooling air intakes on the rear deck are completely covered

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Siochain posted:

Until he touches the brakes and it all slides onto the hood. Or, well, it likely won't get that fast, but :P

Probably couldn't stop even if it did get moving, with all that extra weight any attempt to stop quickly would instantly set the drums on fire and render them completely useless.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I don't know, but I do giggle when traffic is flowing properly (slower traffic on the right) and the red car gets jammed up in the right lane and ends up back behind the blue car before passing on the left like they're supposed to.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you what the gently caress gently caress you you gently caress.

So I'm getting on the highway this morning after stopping at Home Depot. The on-ramp is decently long and two lanes, bottom of the ramp is at a four way intersection with a red light that I turned right at, I can get up to about 75 in my little hatchback before we hit the highway without trying. I'm half-way up it at about 60-65 and still accelerating when a Brodozer comes up behind me, passes me on the right, then cuts me off with about 2' to spare and stands on his brakes.

I get on the highway, move to the far left lane, he comes flying up around me again and does it again. I slow, move to the right lane, HE MOVES OVER AGAIN AND STANDS ON HIS BRAKES AGAIN. Just loving repeats it every time I move out from behind him (Because gently caress if I'm sitting behind him) and then after about eight times decides he's going to go do it to someone else in a sedan instead so I took the opportunity to get around a semi, one of like three vehicles around us, and disappear.... well... move up to the next cluster of traffic at any rate. My exit was coming up in a half mile at this point. I've never seen this pickup before, he was coming from the opposite direction and just happened to get a left turn arrow a few seconds after I was up the on-ramp so there was nothing I could have done to make him rage other than "being there."

What a morning to forget to plug my dash cam in and leave my cell phone at home on my desk charging. Didn't even think to write his plate down, ugh.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Uthor posted:

I don't know, but I do giggle when traffic is flowing properly (slower traffic on the right) and the red car gets jammed up in the right lane and ends up back behind the blue car before passing on the left like they're supposed to.

I see this pretty much every day, and laugh every time. Tuesday night on the way home was a really special one though - I'm putting along in the high speed lane (next to the car-pool lane) in stop and go traffic. Guy forces his way in front of me from the lane to my right, then jumps into the car-pool lane (he was alone in his Altima), then cuts in front of the guy ahead of me, then continues to make moves like this, using every single lane on I-10 (5 lanes wide at this point). 20 minutes later, still in stop and go traffic, I can still see him doing the same thing, in my rear-view mirror about 10-12 cars back. If it wasn't for how many near-collisions idiots like this cause, I'd think it was nothing but pure entertainment for me as I watch them slowly creep backwards relative to me as I slowly just follow the guy ahead of me and listen to music.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'll second the "I see this daily in Phoenix". I think it's something to do with 4+ lane freeways combined with the fact that the average driver literally cannot see or comprehend anything but the bumper in front of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

I watched an 18 wheeler pull that maneuver. But it was on a 3 lane stretch of highway, the right lane being exit only, of course the left lane was completely empty. I was leaving tons of space between me and the next group of cars, traffic was moving fast, but that wasn't good enough. The trucker chose to accelerate up to the very end of the exit only lane and then with no turn signal he just swerved straight at the other cars, it was a "1, 2, 3 go!" maneuver. We need autonomous cars, the new age of 21 year old fresh CDL getting hosed in the rear end by dispatch commercial drivers can not be trusted with 80,000lb battering rams.