Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DJExile posted:

holy hell, sparty apparently had an amazing program cover for the wyoming game

can one of you sparty fans confirm this?

Yessssss

Teams need to do more throwback stuff like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

VT is spending 21m on theirs(due to finish in June). Costs vary wildly on this stuff depending on what exactly you're putting inside, whether other teams at the school will use it, etc.

Yeah -- if its just like a shell building with a field you can it pretty cheap. If you're doing something more extensive, then its going to be more expensive.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DJExile posted:

Awesome, but why would they make it look like the MSU player is about to get his rear end kicked?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

VT is spending 21m on theirs(due to finish in June). Costs vary wildly on this stuff depending on what exactly you're putting inside, whether other teams at the school will use it, etc.

Yeah -- if its just like a shell building with a field you can it pretty cheap. If you're doing something more extensive, then its going to be more expensive.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DJExile posted:

I have a suspicion that it's a photoshop.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

cause thats loving pistol pete man you don't mess with him are you crazy

look at that yellow and green shirt and tell me he isn't a cold-blooded killer.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Chris Kragthorpe to UGA as an offensive assistant, officially making Georgia's offensive coaching staff the least intimidating ever.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Chris Kragthorpe to UGA as an offensive assistant, officially making Georgia's offensive coaching staff the least intimidating ever.

Hey, but they Brought Thomas Brown Home (tm).

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Go Vols!

http://newsfeed.gawker.com/students-valentines-day-sex-in-stadium-press-box-ends-u-1686587338/+barryap

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Poor dude probably tore his ACL during sex

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There's a reason why the Vols hand signal is the shocker

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

I have a suspicion that it's a photoshop.

It's a photoshop. The two MSU games that I went to this year had generic modern program covers with different current players on each.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Still doesn't explain why the original made it look like the MSU dude is freaking out about his impending beating/death at the hands of the opponent

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

MindlessHavok posted:

I'm always thrilled whenever anyone remembers that.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I was a student when they tried to introduce that, I'm pretty sure.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MindlessHavok posted:

How is it not the Vulcan sign for live long and prosper, seems the obvious one to me.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: Mississippi State's AD responded to the freshmen ineligibility proposal by saying instead athletes should just get five years to play five

Views: That might not be the worst idea. Five years is increasingly the standard amount of time to complete a degree anyway. And as often times as not burned redshirts are a net negative for guys who aren't stars (I know I hate it when coaches burn a redshirt so a guy can play special teams and a handful of snaps in garbage time and you take away their fifth year when they'd actually be contributors). I wouldn't say I am totally behind the idea. But I don't hate it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

How is it not the Vulcan sign for live long and prosper, seems the obvious one to me.

That's already what Georgia Tech uses

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MindlessHavok posted:

I thought Arizona State had the shocker for their hand sign.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sash! posted:

That's already what Georgia Tech uses

Hey, I resent tha-wait

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Kahlil McKenzie apparently knows what's up.

And yeah I remember seeing that on the local news when I was in school, probably like 2003ish, and just thinking "No....loving....way."

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

News: Mississippi State's AD responded to the freshmen ineligibility proposal by saying instead athletes should just get five years to play five

Views: That might not be the worst idea. Five years is increasingly the standard amount of time to complete a degree anyway. And as often times as not burned redshirts are a net negative for guys who aren't stars (I know I hate it when coaches burn a redshirt so a guy can play special teams and a handful of snaps in garbage time and you take away their fifth year when they'd actually be contributors). I wouldn't say I am totally behind the idea. But I don't hate it.

5 for 5, and when you transfer, you must sit, but automatically get an additional year of eligibility. I wouldn't mind that. No more grad school transfers, though. All transfers must sit, but gain a year of eligibility.

e: He also suggested 2 levels of HS eligibility that rewards high qualifiers with immediate eligibility & no redshirt and low-qualifiers with automatic redshirt. I like that even better.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 19, 2015

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Thoguh posted:

I thought Arizona State had the shocker for their hand sign.

I think Houston uses it too, but calls it the "Cougar Paw."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

If you do the shocker thing but spread your fingers, the pointer and middle finger are the V, the ring and thumb coming together are the O and the pinky is the L

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
In the future Georgia fans will hold their palms outstretched as they slit their wrists after watching Brian Schottenheimer call 6 yard curl routes on 4th and ten

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Haha. My wife's heart sank when I showed that to her. We had sex in the steps of neyland a few years ago during the honors masquerade ball. Was p cool.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

drat that girl has a nice rear end. Like even just seeing half of it.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

JRizzle posted:

I think Houston uses it too, but calls it the "Cougar Paw."

We do, and the hand sign goes great with the Rick Ross blaring from the speakers of our football stadium located in the Third Ward.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

In the future Georgia fans will hold their palms outstretched as they slit their wrists after watching Brian Schottenheimer call 6 yard curl routes on 4th and ten

Yeah but we all know Bobo was the real problem with Georgia football

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

limeincoke posted:

drat that girl has a nice rear end. Like even just seeing half of it.

Brick for brick.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jeremor posted:

cause thats loving pistol pete man you don't mess with him are you crazy

look at that yellow and green shirt and tell me he isn't a cold-blooded killer.

He murdered a picnic table and wears its pelt as a trophy

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Word coming out that UCLA is "pretty far down the line" in hiring former PSU DC Tom Bradley as our new DC. Supposedly all but done barring clearance over that whole little Sandusky thing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Huh, I just learned Tom Bradley was born and raised in the same town I was born in. He would have gone to high school with some of my aunts and uncles. Hell, my uncle may have played with him depending on when he graduated.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Are you ready for the defensive version of

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

6 yard curl routes on 4th and ten

where the secondary drops back ten yards on 4th and six?

Then you are ready for the Tom Bradley Experience

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Wanvig posted:

We do, and the hand sign goes great with the Rick Ross blaring from the speakers of our football stadium located in the Third Ward.
Coogs motherfucker.

As someone who grew up an Arizona fan and attended UH, I have a special hatred of ASU fans throwing the cougar paw/the shocker.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It's a good hire, and I'm glad that Tom Bradley was able finally land back on his feet. Sure, it was frustrating to see our secondary get sliced and diced by any competent passing game. Maybe he'll be a horrible DC for a PAC team, going up against USC and Oregon, but maybe also Bradley was hamstrung by Paterno. I wouldn't be surprised if he was more aggressive under another coach. Ultimately, his stats speak for themselves. Penn State was able to put together top 10 defenses nationally in most categories from 2004-2011. He's a pretty good recruiter too.

Komet fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 19, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia and North Carolina will open 2016 at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 19, 2015

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My coworker gave me a cool thing

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Emperor Palpatine celebrates casual friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Emron posted:

My coworker gave me a cool thing

Coca JoePa should exist

• Locked thread