Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I really hope they don't explain it and just have her smug around for at least two more episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Solaris Knight posted:

I really hope they don't explain it and just have her smug around for at least two more episodes.

I hope it's just :

"So you survived."
"Yes, clearly."

And that's it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Moffat posted:

“Everybody hide - Michelle Gomez as Missy was an instant hit last year, so she’s straight back to plague the Doctor and Clara in the series opener. But what brings her back into their lives is the last thing they’d expect.
So yeah.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ughghghg how loving hard is it to just have her show up and go "Yeah, I survived. Moving on."? Enough with the goddamn twists and puzzles, Moff.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ughghghg how loving hard is it to just have her show up and go "Yeah, I survived. Moving on."? Enough with the goddamn twists and puzzles, Moff.

Nope, let the delightful mysteries flow.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i think they can do both "missy survived, don't worry about it" AND "missy's involvement is in unexpected circumstances".

i'm imagining a BF-EDA style Companion Audition - but Missy's holding one in parallel...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DoctorWhat posted:

i'm imagining a BF-EDA style Companion Audition - but Missy's holding one in parallel...

You're already booking your tickets to London to audition, aren't you?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Moffat later added, "Missy is back... and pregnant! Who's the father? Tune in to find out!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

Also, everyone watch that video. Michelle is The Best.

Was it Adam or Eve? :) ....or maybe it was the serpent :stare:

Michelle Gomez is the best :allears:

SpaceCommie posted:

It is still possible that it's all a ploy by the Master to make us think Gomez is still the Master so when the Master shows up no one knows it's the Master.

Well yeah I guess that's possible, but why would you want somebody else to be the Master when Gomez is so loving amazing at it?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CobiWann posted:

You're already booking your tickets to London to audition, aren't you?

I'm booking for a London trip, for partially-unrelated reasons

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm booking for a London trip, for partially-unrelated reasons

I can picture Gomez' Master having a companion dressed like Six just so she could make fun of the Doctor's old clothes.

"Don't get me started on that Question Mark Jumper!"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
7 is my thing :argh:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

nyc is very cold this time of year

please do not warmth-shame me at this time, or indeed at all

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DoctorWhat posted:

nyc is very cold this time of year

please do not warmth-shame me at this time, or indeed at all

Would this make you an...

:cool:

...Ice Warrior?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

that was cold, cobi

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
You chose your Doctor, you chose poorly, now live with the consequences.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i actually bought the seven sweater months before the coat. dig through the who thread archives, i got it for xmas 2013 and got the coat the following june

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The DoctorWhat lore

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

the DoctorWhat expanded universe

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

When are you in London? Let me know.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'm a bit worried about Blinovich, to be frank. And the dates are very much up in the air - my folks and I are thinking summertime, like last year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Was it Adam or Eve? :) ....or maybe it was the serpent :stare:

Michelle Gomez is the best :allears:

Well yeah I guess that's possible, but why would you want somebody else to be the Master when Gomez is so loving amazing at it?

Because my brain can't handle the idea of a shapeshifting alien changing into a woman!

Who fans can be the worst. Not anyone on this forum, but people were still bitching about Gomez even before it was revealed she was coming back.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

i think they can do both "missy survived, don't worry about it" AND "missy's involvement is in unexpected circumstances".

The episode titles do hint that way. Presumably Clara's the 'Magician's Apprentice', and Missy/The Master is clearly the witch.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DoctorWhat posted:

the DoctorWhat expanded universe

Well Colin did get a bit bigger...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

sideshow_bob_groan.wav

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm reasonably certain that Michelle Gomez herself is an incarnation of the Master.

Certainly her character on Green Wing was.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sorry, I don't mean for my Doctor jokes to make people sick.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope the Time Lords are back at the end of this season for a story. And I hope that Michelle Gomez as the Master comes around to torment Peter Capaldi as the Doctor at least once a season.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Cyber-Brig, Cyber-Brig, Lethbridge-Stewart has a brand-new gig

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Both! The Two Masters.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only way I am going to approve of Missy not being the "real" master is if she unzips her Missy suit and turns out to be Roger Delgado, alive and well, underneath.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bicyclops posted:

The only way I am going to approve of Missy not being the "real" master is if she unzips her Missy suit and turns out to be Roger Delgado, alive and well, underneath.

Delgado: I finally did it, I finally defeated Pertwee! I get the last laug-
Capaldi: Not so fast, Roger, there's something I have to reveal too :smug:

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

MikeJF posted:

Both! The Two Masters.

We do have enough Masters now to do a multi-Master story! There's Jacobi, Simm, and now Gomez. But honestly, with how totally insane a one Master plan is, I don't know if anybody could write a non-lovely multi-Master episode.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

And MacQueen!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gomez, rolling her eyes: Alright, which one of you drooling baboons invited Eric Roberts?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rochallor posted:

We do have enough Masters now to do a multi-Master story! There's Jacobi, Simm, and now Gomez. But honestly, with how totally insane a one Master plan is, I don't know if anybody could write a non-lovely multi-Master episode.

A multi-Master story would just be an insane collection of backstabbing and inter-Master murders every two minutes, just for them all to turn up alive and well only to begin again immediately.

What am I saying, I totally want to see that! :allears:.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I dunno, I think sheer egotism would overwhelm the backstabbing instincts.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

dirksteadfast posted:

I love manic Missy...but that video makes me also want a passive, rambling Missy. No threats, no action. Just sittin' in the Tardis, talking about apples.

If she can work in singing more 80s songs, that would also be good.

Also, didn't Alistair Reynolds write a multi-Master story set in the Pertwee era? I recall liking it quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

dirksteadfast posted:

I love manic Missy...but that video makes me also want a passive, rambling Missy. No threats, no action. Just sittin' in the Tardis, talking about apples.

I suddenly really want there to be a story where it turns out that the Master is completely uninvolved in whatever's going on and is just hanging around to gently caress with the Doctor. Though come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if there were such a story already.

• Locked thread