Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

You're right, and I didn't mean to intentionally poo poo on your purchase. Have fun.

I bought a case of the best drat low carb snack I've found yet. They're perfect for my hour+ runs and bike rides and delicious too.

I think I'm gonna try something like that because that looks delish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Got this today:

Oh drat, I didn't realize that came out already.

Snagged it myself, though I've been getting the family sigil versions from Best Buy, so I had to keep that trend going:

BestBuy.com says they're sold out of Martel and Tyrell, though. Would have preferred either of those:

(I've already got Targaryen, Lannister, and Greyjoy from previous seasons.)

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Xenoletum posted:

It's still giving money to the loving oatmeal which is like, only marginally better than giving money to Megatokyo or some poo poo.

What's wrong with the Oatmeal? I find his comics funny and he does not seem to be a jerk.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Le0 posted:

What's wrong with the Oatmeal? I find his comics funny and he does not seem to be a jerk.

He makes tons of money with monkey cheese and internet culture humor. That seems to infuriate some goons who wish they had this idea themselves.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Le0 posted:

Its purely a marking exercise.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Thanks thread for making me spend $200 on floormats

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

dreesemonkey posted:

This is really hard to justify when I paid $5k for my 2002 Accord 3 years ago. 4% of paid value on floor mats, probably 5-6% with it's value now. They do look awesome though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I got my sister's old Canon EOS Rebel for Christmas, so I figured I should get some things for it.

Spare batteries.

Compact Flash adapter so I can use the MicroSD cards from my Contours.

Gonna take some pics from Multnomah Falls & the Mt. Saint Helens area this weekend.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Android Bicyclist posted:

Compact Flash adapter so I can use the MicroSD cards from my Contours.

Gonna take some pics from Multnomah Falls & the Mt. Saint Helens area this weekend.

I'm glad you got the EXTREME version...seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that microSD didn't exist back then, I'd swear that was from 1998.

I'm also curious how that works...is it like a RAID array? You get the total space between the two mSD cards, but you're basically forced to only read and write to the cards if they're in that enclosure?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

TraderStav posted:

This is really hard to justify when I paid $5k for my 2002 Accord 3 years ago. 4% of paid value on floor mats, probably 5-6% with it's value now. They do look awesome though.

I'm cheap but I justified it to myself that we bought our first ever new car, and we have two kids. It should probably be mandatory. I was tempted to get the trunk liner too, but we'll save that for another time.

On the bright side you could probably resell your weathertech mats when you get another car.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm also curious how that works...is it like a RAID array? You get the total space between the two mSD cards, but you're basically forced to only read and write to the cards if they're in that enclosure?

According to someone who answered a question on Amazon it treats it like a RAID 0 array and you get the sum of the two cards' capacity.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

weathertech mats

these look ok in regular "car" cars? I assumed only people with trucks/outdoor-ish vehicles bought these.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

colas posted:

these look ok in regular "car" cars? I assumed only people with trucks/outdoor-ish vehicles bought these.

I've got the low-profile ones in a bmw 535 for the winter and they look great

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

colas posted:

Do you like a soggy gross floor in your car in the winter? Mud in the spring? Billions of leaf bits in the fall?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

colas posted:

I've got a Kia Soul and they look great as well.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jesus Christ I think I'm going to buy $200 floormats

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I tried to buy them, but they don't exist for my car. :(

Edit: Between the last time I looked last year and today they suddenly exist. I need to go get my credit card.

PCOS Bill has a new favorite as of 18:02 on Feb 19, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Stop yo ufuckers, I don't need floormats and you're making my wallet itch!

Now my car looks sad without them...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm not buying them because I don't live in a swamp or a ski resort.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm not buying them because I don't live in a swamp or a ski resort.

So you live in a place that's 65* and dry and sunny year round? Sounds nice, how's Fantasy Island this time of year?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PCOS Bill posted:

So you live in a place that's 65* and dry and sunny year round? Sounds nice, how's Fantasy Island this time of year?

Not quite as nice as San Diego.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm not knocking them, I'm sure they're fantastic for what they do, I just think they're complete overkill for where I live.

I just dropped $400 on bike repairs and a pretty nice wheelset upgrade on my winter bike, as I had ridden it to poo poo and it was falling apart. Here's everything I had done

new cables (brakes and derailleurs)
derailleur adjustments
new rear tire
new chain
new cassette
spoke adjustments
new bar tape
new wheelset (DT axis 1.0 -> 4.0)

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Feb 19, 2015

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Turns out most places are not swamps or ski resorts

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Van Dis posted:

Turns out most places are not swamps or ski resorts

Turns out most places get wet weather at some point, and a lot of them get snow and salt is used to combat ice and...

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I spent too much money on a custom shirt with my dog on it from a semi-famous dog artist because it was my birthday and they were on sale and my dog is awesome.

Also a $570 dental extraction then a couple weeks later $22 worth of clindamycin for a tooth socket infection because my awesome dog is a trainwreck. It came with a free dog tooth though (some assembly required).

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I spent too much money on a custom shirt with my dog on it from a semi-famous dog artist because it was my birthday and they were on sale and my dog is awesome.

Also a $570 dental extraction then a couple weeks later $22 worth of clindamycin for a tooth socket infection because my awesome dog is a trainwreck. It came with a free dog tooth though (some assembly required).

$570? That's like 3 sets of car mats!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

PCOS Bill posted:

Turns out most places get wet weather at some point, and a lot of them get snow and salt is used to combat ice and...

For someone who regularly shits all over people's purchases in this thread, you seem awfully defensive.

Content: New 6qt enameled Dutch-oven from lodge. Just made a delicious beef stew last night and homemade bread to boot.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What have I started with this car mat business?!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Speaking of cars, I got the tire pressure gauge of tomorrow. We take car mats seriously around these here parts. I'm in Florida so you don't really need an all-weather type of car mat. But I gotta get something in there, those coffee stained pieces of poo poo gots to go.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE

SpartanIV posted:

$570? That's like 3 sets of car mats!

Approximately 3 and 2/3s Deadpool masks...

Ran out of Tullamore DEW so I figured I'd go with Jack tonight and a 6pack sampler.

Ipad Air 2

Up24 for the missus

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Henchman 21 posted:

Ran out of Tullamore DEW so I figured I'd go with Jack tonight and a 6pack sampler.

If you haven't had it already the Edmund Fitzgerald is excellent, very much a "dessert" beer.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

colas posted:

Speaking of cars, I got the tire pressure gauge of tomorrow. We take car mats seriously around these here parts. I'm in Florida so you don't really need an all-weather type of car mat. But I gotta get something in there, those coffee stained pieces of poo poo gots to go.

I have that gauge. It doesn't like the cold.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Geoj posted:

If you haven't had it already the Edmund Fitzgerald is excellent, very much a "dessert" beer.

It's an anytime beer because it's great.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bobby Digital posted:

I love their Lake Erie Monster

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bobby Digital posted:

Well if you're a hardcore enough alcoholic it's always 5:00 somewhere.

But really, what other category would you put a beer in that has coffee and chocolate as its primary flavor notes?

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
I'm a big fan of all Great Lakes beers considering I'm about an hour away from Cleveland. I'd really like to get my hands on some Chillwave. Mmmmm.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Has anyone tried the Sam Double IPA? I've tried 2-3 of their IPAs and they weren't that great.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

dreesemonkey posted:

Same. Such a great fit, though!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

colas posted:

Has anyone tried the Sam Double IPA? I've tried 2-3 of their IPAs and they weren't that great.

If it's your first time drinking an IPA or you don't really drink many IPAs it's not terrible. If you've had good IPAs though it doesn't measure up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It was just a counterclockwise swirl