Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I wanted to defend him earlier re: Thresh, but man Yellowstar does actually really suck at Thresh. He's baited at least 5 people on his team to death in this game alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Huni and Reignover are really showing up today

Huni, Reignover, Lustboy, Helios the korean import gods <3

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I would like the EU LCS a lot more if quikshot weren't the main caster.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Libertine posted:

I wanted to defend him earlier re: Thresh, but man Yellowstar does actually really suck at Thresh. He's baited at least 5 people on his team to death in this game alone.

But is that him being bad or communication issues? How does Fnatic handle the Korean/English split?

Fnatic kicked some rear end but SK didn't take this laying down. This was a kickass game and what LCS should look like, two goodass teams taking their gold and fighting each other with it, not pussyfooting around for half an hour and having a dumb farmfest.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man that was a good rear end game. it's so good to watch teams that actually loving do stuff.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

LOL @ Reignover & Huni jumping up and down then Reignover tearing rear end over to Febiven & co to hug them.

Nice to see them excited. FNC & SK: 2 cool teams

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Sexpansion posted:

I would like the EU LCS a lot more if quikshot weren't the main caster.

He tries to make Phreak puns but cringier somehow.

Also this was a pretty great game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Reignover has to be a top five western jungler already.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

Arguable top 3

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

rabidsquid posted:

He's probably the best. Who is his competition? Xmithie and Santorin are both fair to middling players that are on really good teams and Meteos hasn't looked great along with C9 recently. Helios is decent I guess but not to this level. His only competitor for the title is Sven, more or less.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lightning Knight posted:

He's probably the best. Who is his competition? Xmithie and Santorin are both fair to middling players that are on really good teams and Meteos hasn't looked great along with C9 recently. Helios is decent I guess but not to this level. His only competitor for the title is Sven, more or less.

Santorin's a whole lot better than middling. He was shaky at IEM San Jose, but he's long, loooong since shaken the spectre of it. The top 3's Reignover, him and Sven, with an honorary mention to Meteos.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lightning Knight posted:

This is what I'm thinking. For me it's Sven, Reignover, and everybody else.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Really loving good game. I agree with the previous posts, let's just have a best of five with SK/FNC for the #1 spot and UOL is at third.

SK are going to play angry tomorrow. I'll prepare the eulogy for H2K :rip:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is the pace of games today really slow or is it just me? It's been almost 4 hours and they've barely finished 3 games, and there were no pauses.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Santorin is playing like TheOddOne in his prime but with better mechanics. He has been a great fit for TSM's style. Reignover is really cool, having a nice reksai game and being able to play Rengar makes him highly desirable from a western fan perspective alone.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Libertine posted:

Is the pace of games today really slow or is it just me? It's been almost 4 hours and they've barely finished 3 games, and there were no pauses.

CW and EL played first, of course it was slow. This last game went by in a flash.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Yeah I'm ready to name Svenskeren and Reignover as the top 2 of junglers with Santorin coming third. I think comparing the top 2 is a bit difficult since Reignover plays a much flashier style with more gold funneled to him. Santorin, with Svenskeren-esque gold, beats whoever comes fourth with a very reliable "Dyrus: the Jungler" kind of play so far. Suppose Xmithie's fourth, he's had his moments but also quite a few plays that just make you scratch your head.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We haven't even started on today's shitshow of MYM vs GMB yet. Prepare for at least a 50min game.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
it's really weird with santoirin because he looked so poo poo and invisible at IEM and then suddenly becomes pretty loving good once the season starts

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

It's definitely been slow.

Lovechop posted:

it's really weird with santoirin because he looked so poo poo and invisible at IEM and then suddenly becomes pretty loving good once the season starts

He is a beast in solo queue, I think his ceiling is pretty high.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Huni loving owns.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Lovechop posted:

The whole TSM team grinded hard after the bitchslap that was San Jose. It's really clear that they took that loss personally, because the derp moment against T8 aside, they've looked insanely hungry all split.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Lovechop posted:

I don't think that's too weird, it often takes time for a player to find his place on a team. He was really really good in Coast's promotion series (like, one bad game and solo carrying his poo poo team for the rest). I remember calling it then and there (in the previous thread) that the dude was going places for season 5 :henget:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Seeing the Fnatic players so excited for the win was great. Huni's enthusiasm is so :3:

Now to see if Gambit can defeat a falling apart MYM. Either way its going to be a slopfest

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Ihki posted:

I don't think that's too weird, it often takes time for a player to find his place on a team.
it really didn't take a lot of time though, is what i mean. i thought he was going to be so bad he would get nien'd after half a split and then suddenly he's good and works super nice after a v short time

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I'm so hyped for Gambit vs MyM :suicide:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
jwaow is good btw

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This might be the new ryu.jpg

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Lovechop posted:

it really didn't take a lot of time though, is what i mean. i thought he was going to be so bad he would get nien'd after half a split and then suddenly he's good and works super nice after a v short time

TSM is a pretty well-coached team.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Savage Cracker posted:

I'm so hyped for Gambit vs MyM :suicide:
Aren't we all

:negative:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
gambit with the ugly triple AD comp

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Why is lissandra not picked ?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

MyM is gonna poke you with a stick. Gambit will blow somebody up if they can catch them out.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Savage Cracker posted:

Why is lissandra not picked ?

no idea

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Lovechop posted:

Oh yeah, true. Who knows, TSM has great coaching and a grueling practice regimen, at least by Western standards. I think their schedule is a solid 12 hours a day 7 days a week during the season? They get days off here and there, those are for streaming I guess :yaycloud:

I don't know any more than you, but I figure that when you find a hungry, talented young kid who can thrive in an environment like that, effective training can produce surprising results. Regi took a real close look at him and that's how he knew this would happen :shrug:

I'm going to need a drink for this game, god drat it.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 19, 2015

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
I feel like this quote accurately describes Gambit's comp

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Gambit saw how good Roccat's comp worked earlier and saw how good Fredy's Renekton worked earlier and wished to wed those two ideas to make this team composition.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Gambit is gonna be relying on Edward to do EVERYTHING it seems

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Freaksaus posted:

This might be the new ryu.jpg

Looks like he has just been freshly prepared by the mortician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Calax posted:

Gambit is gonna be relying on Edward to do EVERYTHING it seems

lmao he started boots 4 or boots 5 on annie. I bet this game is splendid

• Locked thread