Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

YEaaaaaah Shadowlord!

And I also kind of want real emotion

It'll probably be the one by Jade Villalon, formerly of Sweetbox. Cool.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They're not buying games at all it looks like

They're buying and playing games. It's just not on consoles. In Japan, revenue generated by mobile games is higher than that of console software and console hardware combined. The Japanese console industry has been the weakest it's ever been in over two decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion

Someone tell me if it's the English version please.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Are these out right now?

e. Just noticed those are the next batches of DLC okay I can wait.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 19, 2015

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Shadowlord is a very good choice for DLC

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Every time these batches of posts come around, I get closer and closer to buying myself Curtain Call and a device to play it on

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Laughing at anyone who doesn't own a 3DS in the year of our lord 2015.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Terper posted:

Laughing at anyone who doesn't own a 3DS in the year of our lord 2015.

I don't own one because mobile gaming doesn't suit me and I don't enjoy playing games on small screens like that. However, if they made a "super gameboy" version of the 3DS compatible with the Wii U then holy crap. I would easily throw down double what a 3DS costs now for something like that.

Edit: Or heck, there is no need to make it compatible with the Wii U like the Super Gameboy was with the SNES. Any tech that lets me play 3DS games on my big screen is all that I want.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 19, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Curtain Call is real fun when you just want to play something for 15 minutes and see some tiny animated characters level up

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Seems like the next batch of DLC comes out March 5th

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

BobTheJanitor posted:

20 hours in to 13 and I just found out that there's a glitch with Libra in any resolution that's not 720p where it shows almost no information on an enemy. I was wondering why those Eidolon fights were so impossible. I kept casting Libra like it told me, and then just getting bare weakness and immune information. Turns out there's supposed to be text there telling you what they yield to. :v:

It's probably your overscan/zoom setting. See if there are any tv or in game settings that fix it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xavier434 posted:

I don't own one because mobile gaming doesn't suit me and I don't enjoy playing games on small screens like that. However, if they made a "super gameboy" version of the 3DS compatible with the Wii U then holy crap. I would easily throw down double what a 3DS costs now for something like that.

Edit: Or heck, there is no need to make it compatible with the Wii U like the Super Gameboy was with the SNES. Any tech that lets me play 3DS games on my big screen is all that I want.

Handhelds are good because I can play games in bed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

The 3DS is 240p. You really don't want to watch those games on a big screen.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Andrast posted:

The 3DS is 240p. You really don't want to watch those games on a big screen.

And yet the GBA Virtual console games are on the Wii U instead of the 3DS

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mateo360 posted:

And yet the GBA Virtual console games are on the Wii U instead of the 3DS

At least those are all 2D. But yes, it's extremely stupid.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Beef Waifu posted:

Someone tell me if it's the English version please.

Seconded

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I will allow people to have their 3DS super gameboy if Sony will just loving let me play PSP/Vita games on my PS3/PS4 already. I'd buy a bunch of poo poo like Persona 4: Golden and a version of FFT: Lion's War without lovely framerate issues on my PS3 or PS4 at full portable retail price tomorrow.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

If previous vocal tracks with dual audio options (Melodies of Life, 1000 Words) are any indication, it'll likely be Japanese.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I will allow people to have their 3DS super gameboy if Sony will just loving let me play PSP/Vita games on my PS3/PS4 already. I'd buy a bunch of poo poo like Persona 4: Golden and a version of FFT: Lion's War without lovely framerate issues on my PS3 or PS4 at full portable retail price tomorrow.

they called the television vita the playstation tv

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

corn in the bible posted:

they called the television vita the playstation tv

You know I had no real idea what that thing even did; does it work well?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

You know I had no real idea what that thing even did; does it work well?

there's an arbitrary list of games that it won't play, because of rights or control issues (like Ys) but otherwise yes, it performs the job of "play persona 4 on the tv" very well.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

For some reason Sony decided that launching the PSTV with no marketing of any kind so that people wouldn't even know what it was for would be a good idea. It was originally going to be the VITA TV, which is a much better name because it's immediately obvious what the thing does (it's a vita for your tv)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I checked the tracklist and it seems that they have two of the battle themes from Mystic Quest in Curtain Call too so yeah I'm gonna go a head and say that it's pretty much the best. Now I need to save up the money to buy it.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Enkmar posted:

It's probably your overscan/zoom setting. See if there are any tv or in game settings that fix it?

Nah, it's a bad PC port issue. I'm playing through the steam version and apparently this is just a thing with the port. If you're not on a 720p resolution, that particular part of the game just screws up. The screen looks normal, it's not stretched or anything, just some text is completely missing. It's not the end of the world, I can always just go look up how to beat Eidolons now that I know that the game isn't going to tell me.

I guess it's just a perpetual thing with Japanese studios being pretty bad at PC ports. Apparently there's not a lot of PC gaming in Japan, so they never really had a reason to get good at it until westerners started throwing money at them and begging for PC versions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I was wondering why those weren't showing up after I used Libra. It's not a problem since I knew how to clear them, but that's a loving joke that first time players have to deal with that.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lol I was wondering why those weren't showing up after I used Libra. It's not a problem since I knew how to clear them, but that's a loving joke that first time players have to deal with that.

Was this even an issue? I think one of them requires you to use sentinel to take a few hits (possibly even the tutorial fight?) and the rest I just hammered on until I won. I never had to retry a single one, and I never used Libra once.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Now that I've tried out Theatrhytm demo I want to ask: does the full game make you clear all the difficulty levels on songs in order to unlock something? Or does it not matter as ,long as you clear the song?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

After twelve years the demo main menu screen is finally here

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's the fifteenth most-beautiful Final Fantasy title screen I have ever seen.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Szurumbur posted:

Now that I've tried out Theatrhytm demo I want to ask: does the full game make you clear all the difficulty levels on songs in order to unlock something? Or does it not matter as ,long as you clear the song?

I assume you're talking about Curtain Call but no, aside from new characters, unlocking stuff is based on Rhythmia which you gain whenever you clear a track on any difficulty, although I think higher difficulty levels do net you more of the stuff and more character EXP as well. Once you accumulate enough you fight the final boss and get the ending although there's still more unlockable stuff beyond that. Mostly minor cosmetic stuff, but there's one bonus track there as well.

I'm at 140 hours played and although a lot of that is multiplayer which doesn't net any Rhythmia, I'm only halfway to the very final unlock. :v: All the important unlocks come up way earlier, fortunately.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The livestream of Episode Duscae has started here.

It's just a trailer for Type-0 at the moment, and you might need a Youtube proxy to watch it.

Sakurazuka posted:

Handhelds are good because I can play games in bed.

Yes, but I can do that as well with the Wii U. I've been playing The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles that way, so I don't even need to bother getting a New 3DS to play it at a quarter of the resolution. The only problem is having to use a Classic Controller and Wii Remote since the GamePad's buttons can't be used in Wii mode.

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 20, 2015

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

The livestream of Episode Duscae has started here.

looks very choppy, but I assume that's just the stream.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The stream is terrible in all ways, horrible quality and seems to be dropping frames.

The game looks okay, nothing revolutionary and I doubt that even with it running on the screen natively, it's going to look sensational. I can wait for a public demo that doesn't cost £30+

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

yeah, just release the demo. the more people play it, the more buzz you get, you'd think.

Anyway, FF15 will actually be okay, enjoyable with a poo poo ton of flwas, but nothing groundbreaking. At the same time it'll be the worst in the series. that's my prediction.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Attitude Indicator posted:

yeah, just release the demo. the more people play it, the more buzz you get, you'd think.

Anyway, FF15 will actually be okay, enjoyable with a poo poo ton of flwas, but nothing groundbreaking. At the same time it'll be the worst in the series. that's my prediction.

I'm curious what SE would do if the FFXV demo is universally panned. Or if it doesn't suit the tastes of modern RPG players who enjoy the gameplay and aesthetics of Mass Effect/Fallout/Elder Scrolls. SE has gotten much more sensitive to industry trends and player feedback since FFXIII and FFXIV 1.0. The FFXV demo itself cut features in order to get it out by Type-0 HD's launch. It would be funny if management went "the demo got bad reviews and Fallout 4 will probably change the RPG landscape at e3... five more years, boys!"

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I like how the blonde guy falls over CONSTANTLY in battle. Game looks pretty fun but some enemies seem programmed to NOT attack the MC for some reason.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It won't be universally panned. Even if it's lovely, there'll still be people being apologetic as hell saying "it's only a demo!" and being entirely unconstructive with their general presence.

Even if it was, they'd probably give themselves another 6 months to make the combat better to their best of their abilities and ship it. People will still buy it regardless (myself included, because I like bad games).

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

well, demos can usually give an impression if a game is for you or not, but as an indicator of overall quality (especially for a jrpg) they really aren't the best.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Kanfy posted:

I assume you're talking about Curtain Call but no, aside from new characters, unlocking stuff is based on Rhythmia which you gain whenever you clear a track on any difficulty, although I think higher difficulty levels do net you more of the stuff and more character EXP as well. Once you accumulate enough you fight the final boss and get the ending although there's still more unlockable stuff beyond that. Mostly minor cosmetic stuff, but there's one bonus track there as well.

I'm at 140 hours played and although a lot of that is multiplayer which doesn't net any Rhythmia, I'm only halfway to the very final unlock. :v: All the important unlocks come up way earlier, fortunately.

Yeas, Curtain Call - I'm glad, I'll be able to finish them in my own pace, then, I've been trying Expert on the two demo tracks and it seems I'm well versed in rhythm games, because that posed no problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to be fun. I hope I get to try it at some point, because I won't be buying Type-0 anytime soon