Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok goons, got some brainstorming to do on this one. I found a girl who is attractive and has a reasonably well written profile that shows off her interests and isn't generic or a dumb rant (evidence below). She mentions she's in grad school so she's probably doing something right, and she's the right kind of nerdy that is fun instead grognardy. Then halfway through the profile she drops this bomb.

She is 27 years old. How does someone that seemingly has a lot going for them reach that age without ever having a date? Taking bets on what her dark, terrifying secret is. I sent her a message so maybe I'll find out.

Exhibit A: part of the decent profile

Exhibit B: the picture

What is she hiding you think?
herpes

realtalk: post the rest of the profile so I can show you the obvious signs of mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok goons, got some brainstorming to do on this one. I found a girl who is attractive and has a reasonably well written profile that shows off her interests and isn't generic or a dumb rant (evidence below). She mentions she's in grad school so she's probably doing something right, and she's the right kind of nerdy that is fun instead grognardy. Then halfway through the profile she drops this bomb.

She is 27 years old. How does someone that seemingly has a lot going for them reach that age without ever having a date? Taking bets on what her dark, terrifying secret is. I sent her a message so maybe I'll find out.

Homeschooled is my bet.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

her dark secret is pursuing a masters in library science.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wedemeyer posted:

Homeschooled is my bet.

You know I hadn't considered that. She specifically mentions that she's very close to her family.

That's probably it.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Chomp8645 posted:

very close to her family.
uh oh

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
She's never been on a date because she's a shutin librarian, OP.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Maybe she just got out of a long relationship that consumed her entire college life and most of her 20s?

If that's the case, stay far away.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Probably scared of the type of weirdos who would post her pic/profile asking for help to determine what's wrong with her.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
She has sexual hangups and/or poor social skills but is trying to change things. She is basically the female version of every male goon's OKC page, but she became who she is for Irrelevant Reason X instead of the usual too much time on the computer reason attributable to goons.

In short you'll be lucky if she replies and her dark secret will be dating you.

raton fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 19, 2015

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
"Sarcasm" = "Passive aggressive lunatic"

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Close to her family? Hasn't dated? You're gonna get cucked by her brother uncle dad

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

crippling low self esteem
loneliness
religious
fat mum with diabetes
trust issuses

take your pick

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Squalitude posted:

Probably scared of the type of weirdos who would post her pic/profile asking for help to determine what's wrong with her.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
She's probably just super shy.

Go for it, you can be her first awkward relationship where she learns all of the wrong things she shouldn't repeat when she has a good relationship in the future!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Friend of mine's girlfriend hadn't ever dated anyone before they went out. Her folks were nutty religious and she grew up sheltered and homeschooled. She turned 26, took a teaching position in Japan, came back a year later and started dating my friend. He says it's been a little strange since she'd literally never kissed a boy before they started dating, but they're doing pretty well.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Chomp8645 posted:

she's a nerd who has been taking her life seriously and is only now thinking she might want something besides a career

love has quite possibly never occurred to her before now

these things are relatively neutral... they could end up bad, or they might have little to no effect... it depends on how well-adjusted she is as a human being

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
did you send her a followup message yet to make sure she saw the first one

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

hey, try not to be a creep to this young lady

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

toggle posted:

this but unironically

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
wait what does library science qualify you for

librarian?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Maybe she just escaped from some kind of religious fundamentalist compound?

But really,

toggle posted:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

dMastri posted:

wait what does library science qualify you for

librarian?

in our modern digital age this is a much more complicated job than it jmay appear from the outside

navigation of databases is pretty much dune-level spice induced trance poo poo

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
"Never really dated" girl could have a weird definition for dating or for what her past relationships were. Like that guy she hung out with every day in college and constantly did things with on campus, he wasn't her boyfriend and they weren't dating because they didn't go out for dinner and a show every weekend. Poor guy :smith:

But probably just sheltered in high school, serious in undergrad, ready to try new things. Just send her a drat message.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
How to Become a School Librarian
Many people who are interested in getting a Master’s of Library and Information Science do so with the hopes of one day becoming a public school librarian. After all, working with children can be extremely rewarding. And being the school librarian means you get to see all the kids, but none of them really “belong” to you at the end of the day. Kind of like being the cool aunt, or the grandma. Add in the generous vacation time every year and this is an attractive job. It’s competitive, though, so you should go about it the right way.

In order to apply for a Master’s of Library Science, you will need a bachelor’s degree. And in order to be allowed to work in the public schools, you will ultimately need a teaching certificate. Therefore, it makes a lot of sense to get your bachelor’s degree in a field that leads to certification, such as elementary education.

At that point, you can get a job teaching in the public schools or you can move directly to your master’s program. Getting a job has two benefits: it makes money, which is nice, and it shows future employers that you are serious about education. In some master’s programs, you can take some or all of your MLIS courses online. This makes holding down a job and getting your master’s degree at the same time easier.

random forbes articles posted:

Library and information science degree-holders bring in $57,600 mid-career, on average. Common jobs for them are school librarian, library director and reference librarian, and there are expected to be just 8.5% more of them by 2020. The low pay rank and estimated growth rank make library and information science the worst master’s degree for jobs right now.

:bahgawd:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

The Twinkie Czar posted:

"Never really dated" girl could have a weird definition for dating or for what her past relationships were. Like that guy she hung out with every day in college and constantly did things with on campus, he wasn't her boyfriend and they weren't dating because they didn't go out for dinner and a show every weekend. Poor guy :smith:

But probably just sheltered in high school, serious in undergrad, ready to try new things. Just send her a drat message.

make it a picture of your penis to introduce her to all that online dating has to offer her, but dress it up in a tux because this is a special moment

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

nutranurse posted:

make it a picture of your penis to introduce her to all that online dating has to offer her, but dress it up in a tux because this is a special moment

shes in library science. put it in a bow tie and a fez

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Noblesse Obliged posted:

shes in library science. put it in a bow tie and a fez

listen to this goon

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Just send her a drat message.

I already had!

dMastri posted:

did you send her a followup message yet to make sure she saw the first one

No I did not!

toggle posted:

Ok!

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Chomp8645 posted:

I already had!

Reading is like, hard. What am I, a librarian?

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Chomp8645 posted:

What exactly do you do with a masters in Library Science? Do they know wikipedia exists?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Chomp8645 posted:

She has a Star of David necklace so I don't know if that makes her more or less likely to be homeschooled. I think crazy homeschoolers are usually Evangelical Christians. Maybe she comes from a really strict Jewish family.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
I met a girl off Tinder who was 28 and had never even kissed a boy before. She didn't tell me this until I said I wasn't interested in dating her anymore. Come to find out the reason was crippling depression.

It was a real shame. She was cute, cursed like a sailor and could hold her own at the bar.

My point is, don't be someone's first anything. Nothing good ever comes of it.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ZHamburglar posted:

What exactly do you do with a masters in Library Science? Do they know wikipedia exists?

librarians are very insular and cannot deal with the fact that modern technology has rendered them obsolete and they will not hire any librarians that are not part of the secret sisterhood of dewey decimal to tend to the few remaining octogenarians that still go to a library in tyyol 2015

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
give the jewess your kosher pickle

naem
May 29, 2011

I worked briefly at a company that had once published library reference books and had unsuccessfully attempted to recreate their products on a website subscription type service.

They'd once employed numerous master of library whatever people and also had once had a generous retirement pension package, and as the company slowly collapsed they kept voting each other off the island like on survivor

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ZHamburglar posted:

Hopefully in college you at some point had to write a paper on a topic where you cited other books, articles, papers, etc, about that topic to back up your claims. You ever notice how much bullshit you had to wade through to get solid citations on the topic? Well you can pay someone to do that for you and those people majored in library science. They're invaluable to people who work in academia and research. Also if you know what you're looking for but simply can't find a copy of it anywhere, they can.

THE PLATFORM MASTER
Jun 3, 2008

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
Sometimes i go into the fetal position when i'm in the shower and wonder what it would be like in the womb :)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
posting pics and all that text from profiles will get lox tax to come back after Some girl gets a restraining order because a gooob kept messaging her "show me ur feet"

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Pon de Bundy posted:

posting pics and all that text from profiles will get lox tax to come back after Some girl gets a restraining order because a gooob kept messaging her "show me ur feet"

text is more easily searchable than images, if they're both on the public profile than posting one is just as bad as the other.

they published it for anyone to read/look at, they can't do poo poo. bring Leonard J. Crabs out of cryosleep if necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Male Tears posted:

She has a Star of David necklace so I don't know if that makes her more or less likely to be homeschooled. I think crazy homeschoolers are usually Evangelical Christians. Maybe she comes from a really strict Jewish family.

Interesting, I was going to go with club foot but I change my answer now.

Also that 'what do people notice first about you' question is ridiculous. Its never your loving eyes, ladies the first thing I notice are your tits if you are facing me.

• Locked thread