Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Telltale one's no good? I didn't play it cuz I never really understood the appeal of Wallace and Gromit.

If you didn't watch Wallace & Gromit when you were in elementary school or don't have a fascination with claymation, you're never gonna enjoy it. W&G rules but I guess you missed your chance.

But anyway the game was pretty slow, had obtuse puzzles like most adventure games and just wasn't very interesting. And now it's super aged because Telltale games age faster than methheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Lurdiak posted:

I never really understood the appeal of Wallace and Gromit.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Realtalk how the gently caress did gilligans loving island and the three stooges get NES games but not wallace & gromit

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Because those things were massively popular and had nationwide recognition, and Wallace and Gromit was a three-episode British children's show that some people had on VHS.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know why you felt the need to ask that question.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
when you get old you forget things and need others to remind you of stuff

like why morrowind is loving horrible

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ha, yeah, it's almost as bad as... gamer gate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What if Anita Sarkeesian played Morrowind, imagine that. Imagine if that happened.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because those things were massively popular and had nationwide recognition, and Wallace and Gromit was a three-episode British children's show that some people had on VHS.

-the license was probably cheap
-both those shows are pretty old and were probably sold only to dads
-claymation guy and dog on the cover might sell the game on its own

i mean do i really have to sit here and make a point about why wallace and gromit would make for a better game than the three stooges

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

also dont play morrowind anymore, it's so bad these days but not even in the cool retro-bad way

it's like if you bought a jar of apple sauce the same day morrowind came out and opened it up right now, you'd get the modern morrowind experience

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

What if Anita Sarkeesian played Morrowind, imagine that. Imagine if that happened.

I would pay $20 to watch this and like, see the twitch/youtube comments

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What if Civilization had lyrics?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Excels posted:

it's a good time to be a wii u owner

Remember when the WiiU first launched and the talking point was that it was good because it was the one console that wasn't just the same genre over and over only with different graphics.

And now it's good because it's putting out a bunch of platformers with different graphical gimmicks. :allears:

Lurdiak posted:

Telltale one's no good? I didn't play it cuz I never really understood the appeal of Wallace and Gromit.

25 years ago they were technically impressive because they were claymated movies that had things lipsyncing and a moving camera. Other than that they're just another quirky/charming thing that an entire generation loves because it played on TV constantly where they grew up.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

Remember when the WiiU first launched and the talking point was that it was good because it was the one console that wasn't just the same genre over and over only with different graphics.

And now it's good because it's putting out a bunch of platformers with different graphical gimmicks. :allears:

Only one of those games in the image you quoted is a platformer idiot.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Captain Toad can't jump.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
make a thread where its just stux and adam bowen arguing with eachother

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

stux is actually more right about adam bowen, but they are both wrong for having the discussion in this thread. that's my very cool original opinion.

and morrowind is good.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

Captain Toad can't jump.

His backpack is too heavy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Alain Post posted:

What if Civilization had lyrics?

Baba yetu, yetu uliye
Mbinguni yetu, yetu, amina
Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Baba yetu, yetu uliye
Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Utupe leo chakula chetu
Tunachohitaji utusamehe
Makosa yetu, hey
Kama nasi tunavyowasamehe
Waliotukosea, usitutie
Katika majaribu, lakini
Utuokoe, na yule, milele na milele

Baba yetu, yetu uliye
Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Baba yetu, yetu uliye
Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Ufalme wako ufike utakalo
Lifanyike duniani kama mbinguni, amina

Baba yetu, yetu uliye
Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Baba yetu, yetu uliye
Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Utupe leo chakula chetu
Tunachohitaji utusamehe
Makosa yetu, hey
Kama nasi tunavyowasamehe
Waliotukosea, usitutie
Katika majaribu, lakini
Utuokoe na yule msiba milele

Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Baba yetu, yetu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Only one of those games in the image you quoted is a platformer idiot.

It's still a more accurate description than Nintendo fanboys with sour grapes reducing an entire console generation of games to "brown shootymans".

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sorry you don't like the Wii U and its many fun games, which you can play on your own or with friends.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would probably own another console if I did not have access to a good gaming PC.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't get used to using a controller for WASD games, so I periodically have to just be a few years behind on gaming until my PC upgrades can catch up.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I haven't had a good gaming PC ever since I switched to a Mac and now I have suicidal thoughts every day because I'm literally forced to game on consoles

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

gay skull posted:

I haven't had a good gaming PC ever since I switched to a Mac and now I have suicidal thoughts every day because I'm literally forced to game on consoles

Boot camp or hackintosh idiot

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have updated literally every component of my PC and installed three different versions of windows over the past half decade and it still has the same problem where it periodically, like once every two months, blue screens and can't find Windows at all for a day or two. It's kind of annoying but what can you do.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said literally every component but it has the same monitor, which doesn't count because it is a peripheral.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Holy poo poo, you're so bad at gaming you can't even beat the machine that runs the games.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What's brown and sneaks around the kitchen

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Holy poo poo, you're so bad at gaming you can't even beat the machine that runs the games.

It's true, it laughs at me sometimes while I am playing, and mocks me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eye of Widesauron posted:

solid snake in a box

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Eye of Widesauron posted:

goku

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

changing my vote to this

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gay skull posted:

If you didn't watch Wallace & Gromit when you were in elementary school or don't have a fascination with claymation, you're never gonna enjoy it. W&G rules but I guess you missed your chance.

Yeah I guess so.

I watched Bump in the Night when I was a kid. I'd wager that hasn't aged well.

gay skull posted:

But anyway the game was pretty slow, had obtuse puzzles like most adventure games and just wasn't very interesting. And now it's super aged because Telltale games age faster than methheads.

I still like the Sam and Max games. :(

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 20, 2015

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
g
e
n
d
e
r

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sleeveless posted:

25 years ago they were technically impressive because they were claymated movies that had things lipsyncing and a moving camera. Other than that they're just another quirky/charming thing that an entire generation loves because it played on TV constantly where they grew up.

I... HATE you...

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Battlefield 4 is the shittiest loving game I've ever bought, and if any of you buy the battlefield police game you are a shitlord

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Adam Bowen posted:

Battlefield 4 is the shittiest loving game I've ever bought, and if any of you buy the battlefield police game you are a shitlord

i might buy it since it's on pc

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

People are skeptical about Kirby's Clayventures because the last claymation game on a nintendo console was Clayfighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's too bad they didn't have a Playstation so they could play Neverhood.

• Locked thread