Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you made a Saturday morning kid's cartoon about the NFL those would be the helmets they wore in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

If you made a Saturday morning kid's cartoon about the NFL those would be the helmets they wore in it.

Ehh, I don't think they'd fit:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

quote:

Seeing our guys celebrate win in the locker room – there’s no better feeling than winning, the food tastes better, the drinks taste better, not to get too lewd the sex is better.

Dudes bangin' dudes, on the Browns.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Doctor Butts posted:

Dudes bangin' dudes, on the Browns.

This seems like the next logical progression in our attempt to be the most dysfunctional clusterfuck of a team ever. "We have breaking new that the Clevland Browns ownership has been pimping out the bodies of concussed, and drugged up players to high powered Russian and Saudi elites."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

"We have breaking new that the Clevland Browns ownership has been pimping out the bodies of concussed, and drugged up players to high powered Russian elites."

Johnny Manziel farts and Robert Kraft's missing ring pops out.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
All giant bowling ball helmets need to also have giant googly eyes which are LED and rattle around when a player is hit and turn into a giant X when the player is concussed.

You're welcome NFL Blitz 2020 creators.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

:stonklol:

Edit

Vvvv
Lol

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 19, 2015

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

JOHNNY DID IT HE BROUGHT A RING HOME TO CLEVELAND!

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Kalli posted:

Ehh, I don't think they'd fit:

This reminds me of the League Before Time series of NFL POGs. Lots of things remind me of the League Before Time series of NFL POGs.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Febreeze posted:

Jesus gently caress these are awful

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

like...holy poo poo, all of them (Giants are the worst) are just atrocious. This can't be an actual design company because gently caress, everyone in the Farthouse could make better designs than this

The Chargers one looks not terrible.

And the Jags one looks better than the current one :laugh:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Team switching jokes are too easy, and I've owned you before with one, but I don't read the farthouse so hopefully I'll arrive at the ultimate own independently

:dogbutton:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

When did we get this emote? I love it.
:dogbutton:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That emote has been around for several years, and it is fantastic.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shyduck posted:

That emote has been around for several years, and it is fantastic.

Several years?:dogbutton:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Got to say, I honestly love most of the those big logo helmets. :shrug:

The only one that I would say is unacceptable is the Giants helmet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Several years?:dogbutton:

It was pretty popular but was just on imgur and other places. I think it was only recently added as an emoticon.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I think the thing about the logos that bothers me so much is that certain ones give away how lazy they were being by just blowing them up. Look at the Patriots logo. Why is it facing up? It feels like they blew up the logo, realized they couldn't fit it on the helmet because it's too long, so they just angled it funny for no reason in particular. The perspective makes it look like the top of the hat would actually go across the crest of the top and onto the other side of the helmet. There are ways they could have made the big Pats logo work (Namely do something like the current seahawks helmets do and have the logos meet in the back) but they didn't. It looks like they just blew it up and slapped it on with no real thought given to how football helmets curve. If you want to really think about it, look at a lot of these and try to picture what they would look like from the front or back instead of just the angle you are given. The Texans red horn wouldn't be a horn, it would be a strange red stripe that meets at the crest.

The big logos work somewhat well for some, but mostly the ones that aren't just the logo enhanced but actually have an element of the logo incorporated. The Browns one is a good example. The big head takes up most of the helmet, but because they blended in the brown parts of the logo with the brown of the helmet it looks more seamless. Same with the Bills. The red stripe of the Buffalo ends up becoming the entire helmet red and the blue aspects stand out. It's not perfect, but it works alright. The Dolphin one works for similar reasons.

Giving it a closer look the Cowboys Helmet actually is pretty cool. The Colts one is just baffling, why use grey instead of white (but that might be a rendering issue they lazily didn't attempt to fix)
The KC logo looks like a mustard and ketchup bottle. The Bucs one is nice. The Denver one is bad, the size and shape of the D doesn't match up with the helmet at all. I might like the Bears one if they removed the white outline. The Jets fade is a nice idea but it kind of blends the edge of the J for no reason and might work better as a hard line.

Lions is good, the logo shapes nicely to the helmet curve even at that size. The texture and darkness of the SF one is bleh, same with GB. It kind of works for the Raiders though. I also kind of like the weird dot texture of the Ravens one. Redskins texture is alright but the logo is too big for it to shine. The Saints one is kind of nice but the ear holes and visor holes kind of take away from the classic Fleur de lis.

The rest are just boring or terrible.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 19, 2015

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The_Hat posted:

Please don't magnify the Bears' logo, it just makes the bear look really surprised instead of angry/menacing/whatever

The Bears alt logo is really dumb imo but it's ~~historic~~ and you hardly ever have to look at it so it's fine.

I mean the stylized C is pretty lame too but as long as the team is in McCaskey hands I doubt they try to tinker with anything

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

GNU Order posted:

I mean the stylized C is pretty lame too

wrong

EDIT:

Legit stylized letters are top-tier sports logos

Except for the Arizona Diamondbacks

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Febreeze posted:

The Colts one is just baffling, why use grey instead of white (but that might be a rendering issue they lazily didn't attempt to fix)

Iron horseshoes are grey.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Got to say, I honestly love most of the those big logo helmets. :shrug:

the steelers helmet is hella bad

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TyrionBecomesASlave posted:

the steelers helmet is hella bad

Yeah, but what about the fan mockup?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, but what about the fan mockup?

i didn't see it. which link was that?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

I think you just got wooshed bro

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

I think you just got wooshed bro

oh gdi

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The Browns should just reappropriate Chief Wahoo from the 50s for maximum train wreck.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Lote posted:

The Browns should just reappropriate Chief Wahoo from the 50s for maximum train wreck.

I say just have the Tribe bring Chief Wahoo from the 50s back. Then the Browns can bring in the Frito Bandito as their logo, and the Cavs can somehow incorporate Uncle Remus into their logo. At least then I can write off the cities sports failures as divine punishment for being racist fucks.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I can't really decide if this is related or not, but gently caress it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rooster Brooster posted:

I can't really decide if this is related or not, but gently caress it.

lmao

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:boom:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Charlz Guybon posted:

The Giants helmet is loving magical.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Browns will "take a real run" at trying to trade for Sam Bradford.
Relaying Combine buzz, Cole reports the Browns will aggressively pursue quarterbacks, and Bradford is at the "top of their list," with free agent Josh McCown as a fallback option. Cole floats a second- or third-round pick as potential trade compensation. Bradford has reportedly informed the Rams he will not take a pay cut, which may complicate his future in St. Louis. If he falls out of the Rams' plans -- which still seems unlikely -- the Browns would love to be there to catch him.

This would probably be the better choice than trying to play the QB lottery again in the draft. But I don't think the Rams are going to get rid of Bradford.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, considering Bradford's injury history, and the Browns' luck, we may witness an on-field death.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Bradford's knee literally explodes on the field. The shrapnel maims and ends the careers of two OL.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

skaboomizzy posted:

Bradford's knee literally explodes on the field. The shrapnel maims and ends the careers of two OL.

That must be that microfracture surgery Swickles mentioned.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Febreeze posted:

Jesus gently caress these are awful

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

like...holy poo poo, all of them (Giants are the worst) are just atrocious. This can't be an actual design company because gently caress, everyone in the Farthouse could make better designs than this

I actually like the Bills one, but lol at the Broncos and yeah the Giants too.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

computer parts posted:

I actually like the Bills one, but lol at the Broncos and yeah the Giants too.

Why is there an oilers one? NY one is by far the best god bless america. The Texans one is so boring it is like we ain't even gonna bother with this team until they decide they need a starting QB.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Interesting Marla column about Jameis Winston and character-concern guys. If ever a franchise was in a place to avoid character-concern draft picks, it's the Browns right now

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/marla-ridenour-jameis-winston-too-big-of-a-risk-after-a-year-full-of-scandal-for-browns-nfl-1.568517

quote:

As the Browns consider trading up for a franchise quarterback and are perhaps tempted by the physical skills of Winston, Manziel should provide a cautionary tale.
A year ago at the combine, Manziel stood in front of the media and said he was just a small-town guy from Kerrville, Texas, not the “big Hollywood guy” shown on TMZ.com and Twitter. He said he was ready to change his hard-partying life.
“Whenever I decided to make this decision to turn professional, it was a time to really put my college years in the past,” Manziel said. “This is a job now.”
Then after the Browns made him the No. 22 pick, Manziel went back to being an Instagram sensation, drinking champagne on a swan, partying with bikini-clad girls, alarmingly pictured in the bathroom of a club with a rolled-up bill.
Manziel is now in rehab.
Actually I think the symmetry of drafting the draft's biggest red flag at QB while the previous draft's biggest red flag is on your roster but in rehab is too great to pass up

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

football fuckerman posted:

Interesting Marla column about Jameis Winston and character-concern guys. If ever a franchise was in a place to avoid character-concern draft picks, it's the Browns right now

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/marla-ridenour-jameis-winston-too-big-of-a-risk-after-a-year-full-of-scandal-for-browns-nfl-1.568517
Actually I think the symmetry of drafting the draft's biggest red flag at QB while the previous draft's biggest red flag is on your roster but in rehab is too great to pass up

Jimmy Haslam is the George Lucas of NFL owners

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Unless Winston bombs the combine or this shoulder poo poo turns out to be serious I think the Bucs will take him #1

• Locked thread