Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ordered my New 3DS Black and a 32gb PNY microSDHC card

Good yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Turtlicious posted:

Good yeah?

That pny does not come with a adapter, so you might need one of those to laptop transfer.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

FYI: Gamestop has $60 Monster Hunter Collector's Edition available for order, again.

I almost pulled the trigger. Couldn't justify $20 extra + shipping for all the extra junk.

EDIT: Just realized they have standard edition in-stock, too.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Turtlicious posted:

Good yeah?

I picked up this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55C0NS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which comes with an adapter

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the one I got has an adapter.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah the one I got has an adapter.

Got a tiny screw driver?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bombadilillo posted:

Got a tiny screw driver?

Why do I need a screwdriver? (I have a whole set of tiny screwdrivers.)

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Turtlicious posted:

Remember how there was a nice slot on the side of the 3DS so you could pop in and out an SD card? The MicroSD's slot is underneath the NuXL's backplate next to the battery. :iiam:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

You're probably man enough to undo the back of your n3ds because you already own tools. Some goons are terrified at that prospect and its funny.

Literally watch the video in the OP and do what it tells you to. Dont ask why. Oh and say no to system transfer when you turn it on, because you need to do a system update on the new console first, thall save you getting 2 steps into the process and your n3ds telling you that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure I can guess on what to do.

Pop open the plate, copy from old SD to New SD (after making a back up on my computer JUST IN CASE!!!!) then loading new SD in the 3DS.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

I'm pretty sure I can guess on what to do.

Pop open the plate, copy from old SD to New SD (after making a back up on my computer JUST IN CASE!!!!) then loading new SD in the 3DS.

Nope, watch the video.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why would you need to watch a stupid video the 3DS literally tells you exactly what you need to do and exactly what's going to happen during the process

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Why would you need to watch a stupid video the 3DS literally tells you exactly what you need to do and exactly what's going to happen during the process

Because thats not enough, and the videos not enough. Nothings enough. Hire a goon for beef jerky to do it for you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Because thats not enough, and the videos not enough. Nothings enough. Hire a goon for beef jerky to do it for you.

Stay salty, faggots!

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 20, 2015

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Just look at these goddamn gorgeous faceplates for the non-XL n3DS:

Zelda:

Xenoblade:

EU/JP exclusive, obviously.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wait did people really have trouble with those screws/the backplate? That was... it was just two screws. What? :psyduck:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Also god drat these speakers are WAY better, I don't have to wear headphones now :dance:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You still have to suck a dick you dumb human being

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ciaphas posted:

Also god drat these speakers are WAY better, I don't have to wear headphones now :dance:

Yeah it's kind of unbelievable how much better they are. I actually have to knock it down in the breakroom at work.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IRSmurf posted:

Zelda:

Xenoblade:

:(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NISA is gearing up for some sort of announcement, and from the sounds of things, they might be bringing over Rodea the Sky Soldier! Neat.

Here's a (Japanese) overview trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxBbWGrAxs

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NISA is gearing up for some sort of announcement, and from the sounds of things, they might be bringing over Rodea the Sky Soldier! Neat.

Sure does if the menu is to be believed.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It begins:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's official: NISA will be releasing Rodea the Sky Soldier for 3DS (and Wii U, and Wii!) in NA/EU in "fall 2015".

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

IRSmurf posted:

Zelda:

Xenoblade:

I hated xenoblade but that thing is fukkin sweet.

The XL could conceivably get bottom portion plates, but the top is going to be tricky. You could maybe make a clip on but I guess it wouldn't be the same. I might try it at work some day...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Walked into the downtown Bellevue, WA Toys R Us on the off chance they had a few systems and they had two red and seven black sitting on the shelf.

Welp, now I own a red one.

So there's one red and seven black left if anyone else in the area is looking for one :toot:

Edit: Now one red and five black, they sold two more before I left the store.

Referee fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 20, 2015

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Is there a way to make the super stable 3d crap not freak the gently caress out constantly? It looks like my glasses gently caress up the head tracking or something. I've tried fiddling with the calibration settings but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

The image constantly splits and flickers and there's ghosting and all sorts of poo poo. I'd play without my glasses except I need them to see things. I like seeing things.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

cat doter posted:

Is there a way to make the super stable 3d crap not freak the gently caress out constantly? It looks like my glasses gently caress up the head tracking or something. I've tried fiddling with the calibration settings but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

The image constantly splits and flickers and there's ghosting and all sorts of poo poo. I'd play without my glasses except I need them to see things. I like seeing things.

Well, you can either turn it off or stop being a human bobble head. If you keep the 3DS/yourself still it won't readjust the tracking.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
are other people playing monhun? we should do that together, itd be fun imho

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

corn in the bible posted:

are other people playing monhun? we should do that together, itd be fun imho

theres a mh thread here and in imp zone

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

gannyGrabber posted:

Well, you can either turn it off or stop being a human bobble head. If you keep the 3DS/yourself still it won't readjust the tracking.

it has nothing to do with me moving my head, I can remain perfectly still and the tracking just freaks out and the image flickers like crazy

I thought whole point behind the feature was that you could move slightly without the image loving up, I might as well turn it off.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That's a bummer. You can turn off the super-stable without turning off the 3D but that's not super-fun either.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Get contact lenses.

There is <5% of the glasses wearing population that physically cannot wear contacts for whatever reasons. Grow a pair and learn to poke your finger into your eyeballs if you want your games in 3D.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

cat doter posted:

it has nothing to do with me moving my head, I can remain perfectly still and the tracking just freaks out and the image flickers like crazy

I thought whole point behind the feature was that you could move slightly without the image loving up, I might as well turn it off.

I'm finding it's bad when I hold the 3DS too far away. When they say it's calibrated to about 14" they're not kidding.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

DKC Returns 3D is pretty good. It's like Tropical Freeze, but not nearly as difficult (got a few worlds into TF, just starting DKCR). The 3D is weird, though. I can play other games with 3D turned all the way up, but I can't tolerate this game at anything over 50%.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

cat doter posted:

This is exactly what happened when I held it too close to my face. After I stopped doing that, it was flawless.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Get contact lenses.

There is <5% of the glasses wearing population that physically cannot wear contacts for whatever reasons. Grow a pair and learn to poke your finger into your eyeballs if you want your games in 3D.

I look much more attractive with glasses though

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
How the hell do they not have SNES games on Virtual Console? What the gently caress is that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fuzz posted:

How the hell do they not have SNES games on Virtual Console? What the gently caress is that.

The processor can't handle emulating it. If we're very very lucky, maybe it's possible on the n3DS hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The processor can handle it just fine.