Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Yeah everyone knows Metaknight poops you loving pile of garbage, the question was does KIRBY poop? Jesus christ

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Macaluso posted:

Yeah everyone knows Metaknight poops you loving pile of garbage, the question was does KIRBY poop? Jesus christ

Meta knight is a kirby.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
That photo is a Photoshop of a Waddle Dee and your post is filled slanderous lies.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruddha posted:

Meta knight is a kirby.

I'm not convinced about this

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I'm not convinced about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvlBedDlAP8

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ruddha posted:

Meta knight is a kirby.

A lot of wild Kirby conspiracy theories being thrown around in this thread tonight

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NISA is gearing up for some sort of announcement, and from the sounds of things, they might be bringing over Rodea the Sky Soldier! Neat.

For those who have forgotten, Rodea is a flight/action game that was developed for Wii by Yuji Naka's studio Prope but never release, and Kadokawa has finally got around to remaking it for 3DS/Wii U. The JP version of the Wii U game includes the Wii original as a first-run bonus, who knows if the rest of us will be so lucky.

Here's a (Japanese) overview trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxBbWGrAxs

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Macaluso posted:

A lot of wild Kirby conspiracy theories being thrown around in this thread tonight

Kirby and Metaknight are the same race - Kirby is just a baby.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Meta Knight is outclassed by a baby, then? That's what you're saying?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kirby is a very strong baby.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Welp, I told myself I wouldn't use any save states to beat the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy. And I almost did it. Heck, I even took down the much hated animal antics stage from DKC2 (bramble and wind and squawks!)

but then I hit Barbos' Barrier, a boss in DKC3. You play as engarde, and the last section has you dodging spikey poo poo that temporarily turns the game into the worst round of bullet hell. Sorry y'all, lifes too short for this much arbitrary bullshit challenge.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Narcissus1916 posted:

Welp, I told myself I wouldn't use any save states to beat the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy. And I almost did it. Heck, I even took down the much hated animal antics stage from DKC2 (bramble and wind and squawks!)

but then I hit Barbos' Barrier, a boss in DKC3. You play as engarde, and the last section has you dodging spikey poo poo that temporarily turns the game into the worst round of bullet hell. Sorry y'all, lifes too short for this much arbitrary bullshit challenge.

If you can beat Toxic Tower without savestates, you're a better man than I.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm going to laugh at all of you SNES donkey kong having euros when I'm playing kirby tomorrow

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Of course, immediately after I posted I went and dicked around and discovered that after throwing six rounds of spikes at you there's a break period.

Weirdly enough, toxic tower didn't give me too much guff. Though I have resorted to one slightly cheap method to counter the game's bonkers save system.

So when you turn the game off, it saves your progress but NOT your lives. Build up thirty lives but have to go to bed? Hah, sucks for you. Back to five lives. I totally forgot this stuff was commonplace back in the day, its the one thing that really keeps the titles from being 100% accessible to newer generations raised on less horseshitty design tenets.

So thanks to the wonders of save states, instead of going back to five lives I just "Save" my progress and keep going when I restart the next day or whatever.

And for the record, the series STILL holds up. Donkey Kong Country 2 in particular is probably Rare's greatest work.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It took me eight years to beat that one level in particular. I'm that bad at games.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

NISA is gearing up for some sort of announcement, and from the sounds of things, they might be bringing over Rodea the Sky Soldier! Neat.

For those who have forgotten, Rodea is a flight/action game that was developed for Wii by Yuji Naka's studio Prope but never release, and Kadokawa has finally got around to remaking it for 3DS/Wii U. The JP version of the Wii U game includes the Wii original as a first-run bonus, who knows if the rest of us will be so lucky.

They've confirmed the Wii version at the very least, but not if it's a first run bonus or something else.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Gamespot's 6/10 review for Tropical Freeze said it had "Dull, derivative level design" so reviewers are basically worthless and don't know what they're talking about :tutbutt:

Shipped, getting it from amazon tomorrow :3:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah uh

game looks boring you can't even transform into poo poo like canvas curse.

E: just saw a video of the tank level that poo poo looks aggressively boring.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 20, 2015

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah uh

game looks boring you can't even transform into poo poo like canvas curse.

yes you can I have been a kirby tank in rainbow curse

unless your post was sarcastic and i didn't pick up on that

in which case sorry

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Timely Howard posted:

yes you can I have been a kirby tank in rainbow curse

unless your post was sarcastic and i didn't pick up on that

in which case sorry

Yeah uh no i mean like enemy powerups, not the tank. And who cares anyway because that poo poo looks so boring. Yeah sorry this is cute but the game looks bad sorry! I'll go buy that 3ds one

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
I'm not a kirby lore expert but I'm pretty sure that Kirby is some 1 in 1000000 star warrior mutant that has super strong latent powers.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the anime posits that kirby is a genetically-engineered bioweapon of Nightmare derived from the same species as Meta-Knight, but like Goku, is just a baby

however, "star warrior" does not describe the kirby/meta knight species, but rather a paramilitary organization to which Meta Knight belongs and to which Kirby has some degree of birthright

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Meta Knight is Kirby's father.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Narcissus1916 posted:

So when you turn the game off, it saves your progress but NOT your lives. Build up thirty lives but have to go to bed? Hah, sucks for you. Back to five lives. I totally forgot this stuff was commonplace back in the day, its the one thing that really keeps the titles from being 100% accessible to newer generations raised on less horseshitty design tenets.

See also: Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Narcissus1916 posted:

Rare's greatest work.
Ahem

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Man that game owned. If there was a KS out to make a modern take I would go poor.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is Okami worth playing on the Wii? I keep hearing bad things about its controls. Looks amazing though.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 20, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is Okami worth playing on the Wii? I keep hearing bad things about it's controls. Looks amazing though.

Yes it's great, go buy it.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is Okami worth playing on the Wii? I keep hearing bad things about its controls. Looks amazing though.

Yes holy poo poo it's a little long but man unless you somehow wound up with a ps3 move control set the wii is the way to play it. Also see if you can get the one with the ign logo on the back accidentally :haw:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Here's a pile of words I wrote about how much I love Okami: http://gamesthatrocked.com/2013/01/28/games-that-rockedguy-kellys-world-23-okami/

If you've got a PS3 get the HD version on that rather than the Wii because drat it's pretty.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Flint_Paper posted:

Here's a pile of words I wrote about how much I love Okami: http://gamesthatrocked.com/2013/01/28/games-that-rockedguy-kellys-world-23-okami/

If you've got a PS3 get the HD version on that rather than the Wii because drat it's pretty.

Did not read.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Anime Curator posted:

Did not read.

Take that, me.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Waiting to see what goons think of Rainbow Curse before buying.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

I thought really hard about how to put this politely, but you're a babby

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're a double babby

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Okami is one of those games where I showed a friend of mine what happens when you circle a tree and we literally walked to a game store that moment to buy it. It's so charming. That said the PS3 re release is probably the best version.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Okami is one of those games where I showed a friend of mine what happens when you circle a tree and we literally walked to a game store that moment to buy it. It's so charming. That said the PS3 re release is probably the best version.

If you circle nearby NPCs they give you a hug :3:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Flint_Paper posted:

There is a special place in hell for the people that shut down Clover. Though we did get Platinum out of it sooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Flint_Paper posted:

It's the best!

Haruharuharuko posted:

There is a special place in hell for the people that shut down Clover. Though we did get Platinum out of it sooooo.

Actually in retrospect if those people stayed at Capcom with the direction they're taking today they would've hosed something up anyway

In a dev interview the Bayo 2 director mentioned that a lot of people working on the game came over together from working on the early DMC titles.

• Locked thread