Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

My phone seems to have stopped rebooting. I guess it was an app causing it. Probably goddamned Facebook.

I've been using Action Launcher 3 again. My biggest complaint before was no Google now instant access but I just use the classic swipe up from home and it works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

myron cope posted:

My phone seems to have stopped rebooting. I guess it was an app causing it. Probably goddamned Facebook.

I've been using Action Launcher 3 again. My biggest complaint before was no Google now instant access but I just use the classic swipe up from home and it works fine.

I paid for Action Launcher 3 a few days ago when he pushed that big update, but there's still no option to adjust screen padding and I can't seem to figure out how to set a wallpaper and it not come out all wonky, so I'm back to Action Launcher 2 for a while longer.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
If you have FB Messenger, uninstall it. While I still run into memory and battery issues every day or two, they're far less frequent than when I had messenger installed.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

robodex posted:

If you have FB Messenger, uninstall it. While I still run into memory and battery issues every day or two, they're far less frequent than when I had messenger installed.

When you have problems, does Messenger show up on the battery list (or e.g. GSam if you have it installed)? I've never seen it show up either place, although I use it maybe once a week.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

hooah posted:

When you have problems, does Messenger show up on the battery list (or e.g. GSam if you have it installed)? I've never seen it show up either place, although I use it maybe once a week.

Honestly, I never checked. I just assumed Lollipop had lovely battery life (possibly true) and I was being hit by the memory leak bug (also true.) Uninstalling messenger seemed to mitigate it slightly, whereas before I'd be at 60% after using my phone for an hour on the way to work I'm now at 70% or so. Also my phone is usable

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

XIII posted:

I paid for Action Launcher 3 a few days ago when he pushed that big update, but there's still no option to adjust screen padding and I can't seem to figure out how to set a wallpaper and it not come out all wonky, so I'm back to Action Launcher 2 for a while longer.

AL 3 seems to have pulled most of the features I liked in AL2, so I don't see myself upgrading any time soon. He pulled 1-touch, even though the launcher's primary appeal was the availability of the side app drawers from any screen.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

AL 3 seems to have pulled most of the features I liked in AL2, so I don't see myself upgrading any time soon. He pulled 1-touch, even though the launcher's primary appeal was the availability of the side app drawers from any screen.

Yeah, I hate that 1-Swipe got cut, but I can live with using something like Glovebox in its place. I think I'll cave and make the switch once he adds the ability to adjust screen padding (assuming he does). Chris Lacy can really frustrate me. He has genuinely good and interesting ideas, but they never seem to make it past the 80% complete stage.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

XIII posted:

Yeah, I hate that 1-Swipe got cut, but I can live with using something like Glovebox in its place. I think I'll cave and make the switch once he adds the ability to adjust screen padding (assuming he does). Chris Lacy can really frustrate me. He has genuinely good and interesting ideas, but they never seem to make it past the 80% complete stage.

He's the classic wannabe developer; creating is Fun, maintaining is Not.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Any Google Play Music All Access deals? My free three months is about to run out. Did they give anything away to Nexus 6 buyers?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nerve posted:

Any Google Play Music All Access deals? My free three months is about to run out. Did they give anything away to Nexus 6 buyers?

I know you'd prefer a deal, but I feel that All Access is totally worth the sticker price.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I know you'd prefer a deal, but I feel that All Access is totally worth the sticker price.

Yep. The only way I'll stop paying the grandfathered $7.99/month is if I get hit by a bus or die a natural death. It's worth it at $9.99 as well. Or you could grab a chrome cast. I think there is a few month free trial that would pay for the CC anyhow.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

nerve posted:

Apparently YouTube Music Key was going to e $7.99 and that would include All Access but I have no idea if that happened.

(I know Music Key is out but I mean the price point)

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nerve posted:

There are lots of ways to get three months free but you can only ever use one because they are only valid for new subscribers. As soon as you've subscribed once you can't use another one.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Thanks for the info dudes I'll just keep goin at the full price.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Skeezy posted:

Apparently YouTube Music Key was going to e $7.99 and that would include All Access but I have no idea if that happened.

I'm trying to wait it out for Music Key to hit public beta because of that.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

­¡Brasil Brasil Brasil!

I did also get the Tylt Vu car mount this week, however while the base suction cup appears to be made of the same thing as the iOttie cup, it's just a ring wider and the clamp part just a ring thinner and therefore the Tylt mount does not seal on my not-flat slightly-springy faux leather dash. The joint ball is also the standard size rather than the iOttie wireless car mount ball size.

So next step is to get a vent mount with a standard ball and hook it onto that.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 20, 2015

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Speaking of Tylt, they have a mat now:

$50

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I posted about this issue a few weeks ago but thought it was an issue with the flaps not sealing on my Z3C. It turns out the memory card is randomly popping out and at this point I can't get it to stay in. I push it on and it pops out a half second after I feel it click in. Anyone experience similar issues? I see that there is some sort of recessed hole next to it that COULD be an eject thing but can't test it where I'm at.

May have to figure out how to RMA this hotsauce special purchased overseas. :negative:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I feel like someone was complaining about that a month or so back. Not sure if it was a Z3C, though.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

hooah posted:

I feel like someone was complaining about that a month or so back. Not sure if it was a Z3C, though.

It was me, but thought it was just the flap. Now the card is acting like a dog in the bathtub

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

May have to figure out how to RMA this hotsauce special purchased overseas. :negative:

Aye. That sucks. FWIW, I am happy to proxy RMA this thing for you since I am the original buyer. Hopefully its as easy as me emailing you an RMA shipping label, then we pray.

Just let me know.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

TraderStav posted:

It was me, but thought it was just the flap. Now the card is acting like a dog in the bathtub

No, I meant the part about the card popping out. That sounds familiar to me.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

hotsauce posted:

Aye. That sucks. FWIW, I am happy to proxy RMA this thing for you since I am the original buyer. Hopefully its as easy as me emailing you an RMA shipping label, then we pray.

Just let me know.

I appreciate that, I'll be in touch! Let me troubleshoot some and work out what the process is and go from there.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

There's a pretty simple solution although it might void your warranty: griptape on your memory card

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

baka kaba posted:

There's a pretty simple solution although it might void your warranty: griptape on your memory card

:golfclap:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Skeezy posted:

All Access includes Music Key right now. I have no idea of the beta status of it, but I'm an All Access guy and I have Music Key right, here, look.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Mad Katter posted:

Since updating to Lollipop, my Nexus 5 has had really shocking battery life, and it seems like it's getting worse. It's at the point where I can't even get a full day out of it before it's flat.

Why on earth is Google Services using up so much of the battery, and what can I turn off to help save it?

The graph looks really weird as well, because it was on charge from about 11:30 last night. Why is it charging so slowly between around 1:00am and 4:00am? It seems to pick up quite rapidly at about 4:00-5:00am. Is my battery screwed?

Go to your Wi-Fi settings and change the frequency band to use 2.4 GHz only.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I posted earlier in this thread about the notification LED being broken on Samsung Galaxy S5 phones on Sprint. This issue can't be fixed because Samsung's update disabled the LED light. What dummies. Sprint says it's a known issue that is being worked out.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

I said come in! posted:

I posted earlier in this thread about the notification LED being broken on Samsung Galaxy S5 phones on Sprint. This issue can't be fixed because Samsung's update disabled the LED light. What dummies. Sprint says it's a known issue that is being worked out.

Samsung'd!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SB35 posted:

Samsung'd!

Pretty much. :/

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Pretty much. :/

Considering how some Nexus devices have fared, it could be worse if your only problem is a glitch with the notification LED.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Desk Lamp posted:

Considering how some Nexus devices have fared, it could be worse if your only problem is a glitch with the notification LED.

Yeah pretty much. Android software has been dropping the ball hardcore lately. A lot of people freak out about wanting software updates NOW NOW NOW, so phone manufacturers rush out these updates and then it breaks features on their phones. I knew in the back of my head that I shouldn't have agreed to let my phone update, but it was going to force it on me anyways, that's what it did last time.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The constant slap fights in this thread are truly a pleasure to read.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

nerve posted:

The constant slap fights in this thread are truly a pleasure to read.

I like it because everyone who fights are actually arguing past each other because almost always they don't really disagree.

Like, no on one would argue that Nexus devices don't have their own stupid poo poo going on, or that Samsung devices don't have their own stupid poo poo going on, but there's still going to be people arguing about it.

It's pretty glorious really.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I said come in! posted:

You never answered my question as to whether Light Flow works. I would have to imagine it would at least in root mode if nothing else.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a thread to get advice on working with Eclipse? My computer isn't recognizing a tablet and I can't find the drivers.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

The Droid Turbo soak test ended up being a 35mb volte bug fix, lmao.

Took them nearly a month to release it after starting the soak, the soak testers are basically having a meltdown on the Motorola owners forum because it isn't lollipop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LastInLine posted:

You never answered my question as to whether Light Flow works. I would have to imagine it would at least in root mode if nothing else.

I'm sorry! I promise I didn't see it. :( I installed the lite version and will report back. I'm probably gonna buy the premium version if this works because the Lite version doesn't work with a ton of apps.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I'm sorry! I promise I didn't see it. :( I installed the lite version and will report back. I'm probably gonna buy the premium version if this works because the Lite version doesn't work with a ton of apps.
The Lite version also has the old, super confusing UI but in this case we can see if it works before you put down money.

Honestly if Light Flow can activate the LED at all with a test notification it's almost certain it can replace the notification framework and do what you'd like. Samsungs at least at some point had incorrect color values for their LED so you might have to gently caress around with colors to get them the way you want (like you put orange and it lights up purple). There's a FAQ about it on the developer's site.

Of course if Light Flow can't trigger the LED at all then there's probably nothing you can do without root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

this_is_hard posted:

The Droid Turbo soak test ended up being a 35mb volte bug fix, lmao.

Took them nearly a month to release it after starting the soak, the soak testers are basically having a meltdown on the Motorola owners forum because it isn't lollipop.

AT&T just recently pushed 4.4.4 to the Galaxy S5. Instead of 5.0.1 like every other carrier. The AT&T customer service forums look like a warzone over it.