Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The tests are run at idle so they juke the idle stats.

At least that's how it was done in Kentucky before we got rid of emission testing. I'm all for it in theory but in practice it was stupid. The old cars that had poo poo coming out the tailpipe were exempt from the testing, whereas a 2 year old car was called in to sit there and pay the 40 bucks or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

From the pfy.gif thread:

JaysonAych posted:

It was actually a group of squids being lovely to other motorists, and that cop was the only one nearby to deal with it. When the shitheads refused to comply with orders to stop and started getting aggressive with the cop, the cop felt it best to leave the area since there were 50 of them and he didn't have back up. The waver is taunting the cop as he's leaving.

So of course the guy posts the video on YouTube, and the cops quickly find him and the 90 marijuana plants in his house.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Collateral Damage posted:

What's the reason for the stumble anyway? Trying to jimmy their way through the ever tighter emission regulations?

The lean spots you feel in modern bikes are where the EPA measures emissions, so pretty much. I'll take an easy to fix problem any day over the manufacturers just making the whole thing weaker. :v:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know about other countries but NZ/Aus have regulations where noise testing is done at x rpm based on engine size and number of cylinders so there's often a dead spot there too.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

So an aftermarket map is the only way to fix that BS problem?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slavvy posted:

I don't know about other countries but NZ/Aus have regulations where noise testing is done at x rpm based on engine size and number of cylinders so there's often a dead spot there too.

That's why the R6, ZX10R, and some others taper the throttle bodies closed at high rpm... and why a tune will pick up 10-30whp with them. :v:

Here is a bone stock 2013 ZX6R and after just a tune. At the wheel.

Odette posted:

So an aftermarket map is the only way to fix that BS problem?

Yes, but it's worth it. Just like having your suspension set up properly.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 19, 2015

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

captainOrbital posted:

Maybe they can add it to the 2015 Season Motorcycle Racing Thread

Done! Finally. But no poll http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701869

Now we can talk about Bayliss and testing and transformed ducatis to our heart's content!!

That poll could be done with a new "Current Rides" thread. I know we have one that covers that mostly but it's old like all the megathreads here.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Holy poo poo https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1012358215444474

M42
Nov 12, 2012

What I'm getting from this is that the insane brazil lanesplitter motormouth guy is a cop.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

You should probably give people a heads up that you watch someone die in this.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Cop is a good shot on the move.

Not only do you see the guy die, but you get a nice view of the blood fountain out of the guys neck with his carotid severed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

Cop is a good shot on the move.

My first thought.

My second thought was: escaping (presumably) deadly criminal in traffic is less important than making sure the bike is on the stand instead of just hitting kill and tossing it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Man that is dicey firing off shots like that in traffic. I wonder if any bystanders got hit?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Coredump posted:

Man that is dicey firing off shots like that in traffic. I wonder if any bystanders got hit?

I wonder what the gently caress that guy did in order to justify shooting in a traffic jam like that. :stare:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
According to Liveleak that happened in Chile and the the dead guy was a car thief.

Hopefully by car thief they mean car jacker.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Life's cheap in a country like Brazil, dude probably just stole a pizza for all I know.Yeah or that. ^^

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slim Pickens posted:

Life's cheap in a country like Brazil, dude probably just stole a pizza for all I know.Yeah or that. ^^

The video isn't from Brazil.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fdb_1422924247

He was just a car thief. This was in Chile but South America is not the USA. We riot over people getting shot running away. They get shot by undercover cops running and it's normal.

Liveleak is full of kids robbing someone for some cash or a watch then taking off and getting shot by an undercover as they flee.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

South America is not the USA.

Really?:monocle:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
There's also this video, which :nws: shows a guy being shot and killed :nws:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=06f_1381668990

This is from Brazil.. a motorcycle rider with a helmet cam gets bike jacked, and some random cop shows up and guns down the thief right before he rides away. The bad guy never saw the cop coming - that would never fly in the US, but hey different countries do things differently, and i honestly can't be upset at all about a criminal with a gun getting killed.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

I got banned for posting a pic of an ISIS dude with a guy he was going to behead, so i' am playing it easy.

If anyone wants to see undercover cops killing robber teens you can get on irc and I'll find about 20 liveleak vids for ya

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Slavvy posted:

My first thought.

My second thought was: escaping (presumably) deadly criminal in traffic is less important than making sure the bike is on the stand instead of just hitting kill and tossing it.

If Chilean police bureaucracy are anything like American police/military, the cop would probably get a demerit or official mark on his record for scratching a department vehicle.

Like when I was in the marines, I remember this non-infantry 1stSgt bitching out a PFC for having a ripped uniform and not shaving. This was in Iraq, he had just come in off a 2-day patrol, and had been in a firefight hours beforehand. I know a guy who got an official black mark for accidentally firing a machine gun while he was loading it, while we were training to use machine guns using blanks.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

BlackMK4 posted:

What? The stumble is due to the fuel mapping... a Power Commander is used to augment the stock map.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that there was an option in the ECU settings to disable it though, thus altering the fuel mapping in that part of the rev range? I must be misremembering if that's not the case.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ripoff posted:

I wonder what the gently caress that guy did in order to justify shooting in a traffic jam like that. :stare:
Seriously. Background picture? What background?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

title of the imgur post was "don't ride too close behind semis"

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz4ZGqfwNEM

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

hot sauce posted:

title of the imgur post was "don't ride too close behind semis"

I think another lesson to learn is that your visor shouldn't be up while riding.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Me on my YZ80 and my roommate on my YZ125 after a 32 degree day of riding in the corn.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

`Nemesis posted:

This is from Brazil.. a motorcycle rider with a helmet cam gets bike jacked, and some random cop shows up and guns down the thief right before he rides away. The bad guy never saw the cop coming - that would never fly in the US, but hey different countries do things differently, and i honestly can't be upset at all about a criminal with a gun getting killed.
I think the last time this was posted someone dug up a news article about it which said the scum survived after being taken to a hospital. Still some good schadenfreude though.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I think another lesson to learn is that your visor shouldn't be up while riding.

I'll take the risk because no way.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is holy poo poo disturbing that cops are just running and shooting people for stealing cars on a busy freeway, but I also can't help thinking how goddamn awesome it would be to be in a dirt bike swat team just riding over everything around me and shooting everything around me.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
The gunshots were so muffled I couldn't really tell what was happening. Then the driver is just streaming blood. Jesus.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Pics from the Toronto motorcycle show:

Beautiful, beautiful Indians

I dunno, seemed hamfisting the clarity and vibrance sliders in Lightroom seemed appropriate here.

Blah

:911::respek::italy:

Meh

oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about (if I could only get the red right without everything looking reddish)

So sweet

What are you doing, stop doing that.

Stop looking at me like that.

oh... ~sparkly~.... :swoon:

ROBOHONDA DEPLOY MISSILES

STAND ASIDE CITIZEN

Ok boys, hold on to your pants: MV Agusta Something Turismo Corsa Something Italian and Mountany Sounding

unf...... It's like someone took an original Multistrada and made it beautiful... and fits like a personally tailored glove. I now have a new bike to lust after that I can't afford.

(also holy crap those shots weren't great to begin with but they really didn't survive the conversion to jpg. Either that or my laptop monitor is baaad. Probably both)

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 21, 2015

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Linedance posted:

ROBOHONDA DEPLOY MISSILES

STAND ASIDE CITIZEN

The fact that you don't control this bike by shoving your arms into those side flare things disappoints me a bit.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Linedance posted:

I dunno, seemed hamfisting the clarity and vibrance sliders in Lightroom seemed appropriate here.

Blah

The contrast between these two is perfect.

I checked out the NM4 at the show in DC. That thing is crazy looking, I wonder how it rides.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Linedance posted:

What are you doing, stop doing that.
That's how I feel about so many bikes. I just do not get how anyone can think FZs or that Kawi or all the Street Triples are anything but hideous. All those bikes are hideous incoherent mishmashes of ugly pointy shapes. Except for the older Street Triples which had some ugly round shapes too.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That mountainy Agusta looks like a nightmare. Even more so than the Caponord or Ulysses.

Content, redline the ulysses every day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7xvi6GL9Fk

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 21, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's how I feel about so many bikes. I just do not get how anyone can think FZs or that Kawi or all the Street Triples are anything but hideous. All those bikes are hideous incoherent mishmashes of ugly pointy shapes. Except for the older Street Triples which had some ugly round shapes too.

Add S1000R to this.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

I disagree, the Z1000 looks sick. It's like a pissed off bug or something. All the nice mechanical bits are semi visible as well. I'm glad it doesn't have a single circular headlight and smooth curves like every other naked bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I guess I didn't quite get across what I meant. Because it started that way, like eww, so ugly and brutish. Stop making me look at your hideous visage. And then I fell in love. I don't know what it is about that bike. It's so nasty but I'm just drawn to it, I can't explain it. It's ugly in a way that BMWs only wish they could pull off. A literal gorilla-insect in a bug green sparkly suit. I won't argue with anyone who thinks it's awful, in fact I agree, but it's somehow good awful.
Yamaha and Suzuki are seriously lacking in the ridiculous cartoon bike department. Honda has the above "I'm piloting an anime robot" bike (literally the only interesting looking thing they produce), Kawi has this gruesome sparkly Z1000... Even BMW has toned down their :pwn: look - the F800R is single headlight now, and the naked S1000 is kind of generic.