Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

JohnSherman posted:

This show is going to end with Ava standing over Raylan and Boyd's bodies.

Have you seen the teaser that shows her locking Boyd and Raylan in her burning house? You might be right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Boatswain posted:

Hey thanks poster with the apple pie recipe. Does it taste like Fireball? Because I want more apple than that.

Hey, no problem! It legit tastes like apple pie. You can actually add extra cinnamon sticks and make it really cinnamony if you want. Sometimes while it's cooling down, I let the sticks steep in the mixture for a little more cinnamon bite. I've made it all sorts of ways, so it you have any questiins, feel free to ask. Here's what I have left over from my last batch.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 19, 2015

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

This was the first Patton Oswalt appearance since Tim Olyphant called him a douchebag on Conan. I hope he was kidding. It makes me kind of sad if he was serious or only half-joking. Seems like those two would have some laffs.

There is a long tradition of justified people calling each other names in public, just as a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC4aiHHx_CY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZGM4dH1foM

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Good, I feel better now.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I thought this was an alright episode. They managed to load decent tension into Ava's escape attempt and Hale & Wynn's search for the truth about Fekus. Most of the baddies still feel kinda recycled (Walker/Quarles, Choo-Choo/Coover, etc.) but the plot arcs seem to be holding together. However, is it just me or was Boyd overdoing the Southern thing?

And 10 Beers, timg tags! God drat.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I thought this was an alright episode. They managed to load decent tension into Ava's escape attempt and Hale & Wynn's search for the truth about Fekus. Most of the baddies still feel kinda recycled (Walker/Quarles, Choo-Choo/Coover, etc.) but the plot arcs seem to be holding together. However, is it just me or was Boyd overdoing the Southern thing?

And 10 Beers, timg tags! God drat.

Sorry! Posting from my phone and I'm not super familiar with the Android app yet. Just need to put timg instead of img, right?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

10 Beers posted:

Sorry! Posting from my phone and I'm not super familiar with the Android app yet. Just need to put timg instead of img, right?

Yes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol Ancient Age.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Boyd being super jolly, hootinhollerin or whatever and the uncomfortable kiss between Raylan & Ava really made this a weird episode.

10 Beers posted:

Yep!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

quote:

Got any SKIM MILK.

I laughed entirely too hard at that.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

It was a little thing but I liked how Constable Bob had Raylan's facial hair. I didn't notice it until they were in the car together.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

It was a little thing but I liked how Constable Bob had Raylan's facial hair. I didn't notice it until they were in the car together.

Now I understand the shaving scene!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Another flat episode. Let's wrap this series up and call it a show.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I was glad the brother only got temporarily deafened - when that guy talked about the methane sparking and that rumble started, I was sure either he was about to become a red mist like the Wiz or have that circular saw end up somewhere unpleasant when it landed on someone.

Outcome was surprisingly pedestrian.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

AFewBricksShy posted:

Bob getting a new car makes sense too. At first I thought he was just going for the standards police Crown Vic, now I realize he bought a full size Ford because Raylan drives a Lincoln.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Electromax posted:

I was glad the brother only got temporarily deafened - when that guy talked about the methane sparking and that rumble started, I was sure either he was about to become a red mist like the Wiz or have that circular saw end up somewhere unpleasant when it landed on someone.

Outcome was surprisingly pedestrian.

Yeah, I think they were loving with us a bit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

For a final season the last two episodes haven't really haven't moved much forward. Squashed the Ava running and the suspicion of her all at once when they could have really amped up the tension. I'm hoping they're building to something huge, but it's starting to feel like stretching material out.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

User-Friendly posted:

Between the uncomfortable subtext of Bob needlessly tasing Errol

Tazing someone will never not be funny.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

For a final season the last two episodes haven't really haven't moved much forward. Squashed the Ava running and the suspicion of her all at once when they could have really amped up the tension. I'm hoping they're building to something huge, but it's starting to feel like stretching material out.

This is exactly what happened with season 4, lots of vaguely connected storylines and bottle-y episodes like the last two, like the boxer guy and the bartender, but what it built in to was some of the best episodes of the entire series, two episodes from now it's really going to pick up I reckon.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Another flat episode. Let's wrap this series up and call it a show.

i hate myself for saying this, but yeah. This season's protagonist are all playing well, but the whole tension/issue/problem is just not feeling all that important and it seems like we're just doing a tour of Harlan before a big finish that seems like the lead up has had all its steam taken out of it.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Armyman25 posted:

Bob getting a new car makes sense too. At first I thought he was just going for the standards police Crown Vic, now I realize he bought a full size Ford because Raylan drives a Lincoln.

Maybe I'm just a Panther platform nerd but I actually thought it was kind of odd that they specifically went with a fleet Crown Vic but without a spotlight and with the full hub caps. Then again I'm still kind of surprised Raylan is rolling around in a Town Car after he's certainly totaled at least one. It's not like it's a sponsorship thing since the line has been discontinued for 5 years now.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

screaden posted:

This is exactly what happened with season 4, lots of vaguely connected storylines and bottle-y episodes like the last two, like the boxer guy and the bartender, but what it built in to was some of the best episodes of the entire series, two episodes from now it's really going to pick up I reckon.

Hate to say it, but I barely recall anything at all about last season unless I really try.

fake edit: Oh christ, the crow clan. :rolleyes:
Yeah, gonna strongly disagree about "some of the best episodes".

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 20, 2015

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

Hate to say it, but I barely recall anything at all about last season unless I really try.

fake edit: Oh christ, the crow clan. :rolleyes:

That's season 5, not 4, I was referring to the Drew Thompson sections, mainly "Decoy".

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

screaden posted:

That's season 5, not 4, I was referring to the Drew Thompson sections, mainly "Decoy".

Oh heh. My bad. The Drew Thompson eps were great. :)
That said, this season has been as forgettable so far as last season. I thought season 4 was solid all around.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

User-Friendly posted:

Between the uncomfortable subtext of Bob needlessly tasing Errol and the usual obnoxious shtick of Patton Oswalt in general, I really wasn't feeling this episode.

I don't want to open a can of worms here, but wasn't that exactly the intended use of a taser by law enforcement? Big physically-threatening guy is told he has a warrant and that he's under arrest, and he plainly states that he is refusing to allow the officer to take him into custody, then walks toward the officer as if to intimidate him. I thought situations like that were exactly why they carry tasers--to take a potentially dangerous and uncooperative suspect into custody without using lethal force.

Like, in real life, what is a cop supposed to do in that situation? If it really was a violent suspect with a warrant out, it doesn't seem responsible to just let the guy walk away.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 20, 2015

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Phenotype posted:

I don't want to open a can of worms here, but wasn't that exactly the intended use of a taser by law enforcement? Big physically-threatening guy is told he has a warrant and that he's under arrest, and he plainly states that he is refusing to allow the officer to take him into custody, then walks toward the officer as if to intimidate him. I thought situations like that were exactly why they carry tasers--to take a potentially dangerous and uncooperative suspect into custody without using lethal force.

Like, in real life, what is a cop supposed to do in that situation? If it really was a violent suspect with a warrant out, it doesn't seem responsible to just let the guy walk away.

:ssh: He didn't actually have a warrant

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Phenotype posted:

Fair point, but it's also informed by the context where we know this warrant is total bullshit and our friend Constable Bob is overstepping his authority in the first place, albeit for the greater good.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It was justified.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

It was justified.

Do you mean Justified?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
lol all the poo poo we've seen Raylan get away with over the years and people are upset cause Errol got tased when there wasn't a real warrant :allears:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Yeah Raylan would've just shot him in the shoulder or something.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Setting the stage for a Justified/Disney crossover: http://m.wcyb.com/nationalnews/cops-arrest-elsa-for-this-bitter-cold/31374680

Parachute
May 18, 2003

beanieson posted:

lol all the poo poo we've seen Raylan get away with over the years and people are upset cause Errol got tased when there wasn't a real warrant :allears:

poo poo, earlier in the season he staged an accident with a federal police officer in a foreign country, put him in his trunk and drove him to the United States where said police officer would be within Raylan's jurisdiction.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

beanieson posted:

Eh, worst Errol would have gotten from Raylan was a shovel to the face. Also we've all had years to accept Raylan's status as a perpetual loose cannon, not a doofy nerd who we also remember going on about a X-Men/Star Wars crossover script on a different show.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
In a bit of Justified-esque news, the Harlan PD has put out an APB on Else of "Frozen" in an effort to stop the winter weather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...d1935a6e561b01c

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Armyman25 posted:

In a bit of Justified-esque news, the Harlan PD has put out an APB on Else of "Frozen" in an effort to stop the winter weather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...d1935a6e561b01c

3 posts above you.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

empty baggie posted:

3 posts above you.

Well, poo poo.

Has anyone done a list of all the whiskeys drank on Justified?

We've got
Mag's Apple Pie
Boyd's Shine in the church
Elmer T Lee
Pappy Van Winkle
Buffalo Trace.
Ancient Age.

What else?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Pretty sure I've seen Boyd pour himself some Wild Turkey.

Raylan brought Art a bottle of Blanton's a couple episodes ago.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Pretty sure I've seen Boyd pour himself some Wild Turkey.

Raylan brought Art a bottle of Blanton's a couple episodes ago.

What did Boyd bring Jeff Fahey as a peace offering? I couldn't make out what bottle it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Tequila. Looked like Cuervo.

• Locked thread