Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I don't understand.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good point

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Top one Qatar, bottom Russia?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
behold, the diversified economies of the last ACN and future two WC hosts

there's no competing with it

e: top one is actually eq guinea, top in economic monoculture and GINI spread as well IIRC

Koesj fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 20, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum posted:

Anywhere men have normal testosterone levels, and Japan as well.

Lol

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

JorahTheExplorer posted:

where is american futbol being played other than ameirca?

the IFAF, International Federation of American Football, also has a world championship and the next one is this very year! It was supposed to be held in Stockholm (as in, Sweden), but they canceled so it's in Ohio instead. Qualified teams are: Sweden, Germany, Austria, France, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Australia, & Morocco. Most of those teams were okay with the venue change but Sweden, Germany, Austria, and Morocco haven't said if they'll play yet.

edit: I know you were joking but I'm very serious about sports. (Also America always wins by like 50 points, england could learn a lesson here)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Didn't Equatorial Guinea get the ACN because a bunch of others backed out or were literal war zones at the time?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Didn't Equatorial Guinea get the ACN because a bunch of others backed out or were literal war zones at the time?

Ebola.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Rude

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lol right

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Koesj posted:

Doha (AFP) – The Chairman of Qatar's National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) on Monday denied claims by the Guardian newspaper that jews are a people and Israel exists.

Its sad that I cant tell if this is real or not

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DOOP posted:

Its sad that I cant tell if this is real or not
This just means we should all cheer like hell for Israel to qualify for Qatar 2022.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

I know his career has gone down the shitter but I don't think Dele Adebola is to blame for them getting the ACN.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Peanut President posted:

the IFAF, International Federation of American Football, also has a world championship and the next one is this very year! It was supposed to be held in Stockholm (as in, Sweden), but they canceled so it's in Ohio instead. Qualified teams are: Sweden, Germany, Austria, France, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Australia, & Morocco. Most of those teams were okay with the venue change but Sweden, Germany, Austria, and Morocco haven't said if they'll play yet.

edit: I know you were joking but I'm very serious about sports. (Also America always wins by like 50 points, england could learn a lesson here)

I thought this was a joke post but holy poo poo this actually exists :stare:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I thought this was a joke post but holy poo poo this actually exists :stare:

In the same way that US hipsters play football, Australian hipsters play gridiron

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Japan won two IFAF World Championships (before the US started fielding a team).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Byolante posted:

In the same way that US hipsters play football, Australian hipsters play gridiron

You must have to be real bad at the 69 other codes of football/rugby in Australia to resort to American football.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I can't wait to win the IFAF World Championship in 2019.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

serious gaylord posted:

They dont really like football tbh.

Yeah, that's why people in China were dying from staying up all night watching the Brazil tournament.

Oh wait, no, that's the other thing, the complete opposite of what you said.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Daduzi posted:

Yeah, that's why people in China were dying from staying up all night watching the Brazil tournament.

They were probably going to end up dying anyway.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Daduzi posted:

It's the only way they can kill themselves at Foxconn these days.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Daduzi posted:

I guess we don't have to worry about China becoming the dominant superpower if they can't handle an all-nighter.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Daduzi posted:

I don't think staying up for 24 hours can kill you, but I'm not a doctor

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
I have no idea what evidence Daduzi was trying to present there but he is right in the sense that the Chinese are actually pretty big fans of football. People who haven't been to Asia might be surprised how big the fandom is there and how much money people are willing to spend on merchandise and match tickets, given the chance.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Two fans supposedly died due to complications from exhaustion. Both went 11 days without sleep. One during the 2012 Euros, the other during the World Cup. The stories were publicized quite a bit, but viral news reports from China that western publications pick up don't always have the best fact checking. I think their deaths have more to do with media-associated addiction, though.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

I have no idea what evidence Daduzi was trying to present there but he is right in the sense that the Chinese are actually pretty big fans of football. People who haven't been to Asia might be surprised how big the fandom is there and how much money people are willing to spend on merchandise and match tickets, given the chance.

Me so solly

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

They like gambling and studying, and basketball kinda but its hollow and soulless just like my marriage

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

Basically, yeah, football is huge here in China and I have no idea where anyone could get the idea it isn't.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Might be old "the domestic league gets crap attendance, so they must not like the sport" excuse. Though CSL attendance has been rising if I remember.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

oldman posted:

Might be old "the domestic league gets crap attendance, so they must not like the sport" excuse. Though CSL attendance has been rising if I remember.

The TV contracts, viewers, and merchandise sales in Asia of the European leagues (particularly the EPL) are astoundingly high, the local leagues lag a good deal behind in most fans' consciousness. Also, the Chinese national team is average at best. It's my understanding they're doing quite a bit of work and investing quite a bit of money to increase the national team's quality to at least be competitive with the other Asian powers (Japan, South Korea, and Australia).

Incidentally, if China ever does start qualifying readily for the finals expect to see an even larger call from the Middle East to get their own league. Especially if Australia stays in the Asian federation. Personally I'd be all for the Middle East getting a league if FIFA also requires that Israel be in it.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

2 out of about 7 of Private Eye's Paul Foot award nominations are for exposing FIFA corruption. Feels like someone should actually do something about it now

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Seems like China is full of plastics

and heavy metals, and weird toxic foam

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

pointsofdata posted:

2 out of about 7 of Private Eye's Paul Foot award nominations are for exposing FIFA corruption. Feels like someone should actually do something about it now

Ya, that guy seems reeeeal trustworthy.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't want a winter World Cup.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its happening. European clubs seem to have given up fighting it and instead just want it to be over quicker

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jose posted:

Its happening. European clubs seem to have given up fighting it and instead just want it to be over quicker

I know how that is
-Ched Evans

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

African AIDS cum posted:

I know how that is
-Ched Evans

Holy moly

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

the arrogance of the statements 'the decision has been made' etc. is outrageous. i know it doesnt do anything but im still not gonna watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

I know how that is
-Ched Evans

lol