Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So what's the best way to make money in this game? I'm nearly to the top of Suda and I need 500,000 credits to get there and I'm nowhere close to that. Anywhere in specific good for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Yursa. Semenei. Void captures.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yursa. Semenei. Void captures.

What makes those two Dark Sector places good for credits? Is it just a 5-rounds/minutes and out kind of thing or is there benefit to sticking around?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Lord Wexia posted:

What makes those two Dark Sector places good for credits? Is it just a 5-rounds/minutes and out kind of thing or is there benefit to sticking around?

1. They have lower taxes than Sechura yet they are very high level nonetheless.
2. For credits no, mission reward credits are the same regardless. Staying around longer means the enemies will give more affinity if your leveling up something.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
More efficient to just go to 5 then leave. Gets you about 20k per run. Void captures get you like 26k a run + a prime part reward.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Charles Bukowski posted:

More efficient to just go to 5 then leave. Gets you about 20k per run. Void captures get you like 26k a run + a prime part reward.

What? I was getting ~10-12k per run on Yursa and ~15k for T2 captures. By myself, but I wouldn't think that 3 more people would double the credits; I thought it was a few % of a boost.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

hooah posted:

What? I was getting ~10-12k per run on Yursa and ~15k for T2 captures. By myself, but I wouldn't think that 3 more people would double the credits; I thought it was a few % of a boost.

He meant T4 Capture. Fastest way to credit farm, especially if you got a stock pile when you could buy them from Perrin Sequence with Rep.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hooah posted:

Seimeni is just about 20k. Yursa is like 16k I think. Akkad is 13k. T4 cap is 26k.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
What matters fundamentally is credits / hr. No farming discussion is all that helpful without measuring how long each Yursa or Seimeni or capture run takes on average. This is what's certainly missing from the mission results screen - how long the game actually lived for (skipping that period of time during a host migration I hope).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

necrobobsledder posted:

What matters fundamentally is credits / hr. No farming discussion is all that helpful without measuring how long each Yursa or Seimeni or capture run takes on average. This is what's certainly missing from the mission results screen - how long the game actually lived for (skipping that period of time during a host migration I hope).

:goonsay:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just do whatever is fun/easy. I prefer Yursa because Semini has that annoying stairs that trap enemies, second defence point with odd sight angles and downtime from the pod moving from spot to spot. At worst Yursa has a stuck runner or two. With a full team, Yursa is only a few thousand credits less, and it drops ferrite which I need for those CIPHERS.

I split my time between Yursa and Akkad on Eris. Akkad is not great in terms of credits because of the higher tax, but I still get 15k per run and there's the chance of neurodes there.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

SynthOrange posted:

Just do whatever is fun/easy. I prefer Yursa because Semini has that annoying stairs that trap enemies, second defence point with odd sight angles and downtime from the pod moving from spot to spot. At worst Yursa has a stuck runner or two. With a full team, Yursa is only a few thousand credits less, and it drops ferrite which I need for those CIPHERS.

I split my time between Yursa and Akkad on Eris. Akkad is not great in terms of credits because of the higher tax, but I still get 15k per run and there's the chance of neurodes there.

Yursa also has the wonderful ability of being in a really small area so you just toss a vaub vortex and stop giving a poo poo :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty much. Akkad also uses the same map. Vaubans, Saryns, Pentas, all welcome.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I forget who I bought my Synoid Gammacor off of but holy poo poo I should have given you three times as much plat for it. This loving thing is amazing and I'm never unequipping it.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I forget who I bought my Synoid Gammacor off of but holy poo poo I should have given you three times as much plat for it. This loving thing is amazing and I'm never unequipping it.

It really is.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf
The game glitched out when I completed the hacking minigame and permanently (at least for the duration of the mission) shoved the camera into the center of my character's model. So I give you Warframe: The FPS

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

The Something Awful Forums> Discussion > Games > Warframe(PC/PS4): 5 minutes of parkour disaster I didn't want

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lork posted:

The game glitched out when I completed the hacking minigame and permanently (at least for the duration of the mission) shoved the camera into the center of my character's model. So I give you Warframe: The FPS

This happened to me 3 times in my first week. Sniping sucks, parkour is way more fun in 1stish person.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey, who wants today's 75% off coupon.

(31th)

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Azran posted:

(31th)

I'll make use of this, if you please

edit: steam in profile

ndub fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 20, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

ndub posted:

I'll make use of this, if you please

edit: steam in profile

Sorry, another goon used it two hours ago. Even so, I'll add you because I get one every two weeks or so.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

De has no loving clue at all how to balance a game.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah, but really, who cares? It's not like the game is really competitive in any meaningful way.

The only time I really feel the urge to gripe is when weapons that are conceptually cool turn out to be kind of garbage in execution (Miter, Panthera, Tigris, and the first iteration of the Kohm all being examples of this).

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Helter Skelter posted:

Yeah, but really, who cares? It's not like the game is really competitive in any meaningful way.

The only time I really feel the urge to gripe is when weapons that are conceptually cool turn out to be kind of garbage in execution (Miter, Panthera, Tigris, and the first iteration of the Kohm all being examples of this).

This. I'm still miffed the beauty that is the Sybaris is so underwhelming.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Most shotguns are still pretty garbage. It's a little telling when the best shotguns are bottomless clip monstrosity or a pistol.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The solution is to always add forma.

e: Hek is good.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Honestly, I think it's time to remove the damage falloff from the shotgun primaries. Hek and Tigris could both stand to get their reload speeds chopped in half, too.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Helter Skelter posted:

Balance matters in con-competitive games if you want anything approaching a fair challenge. Or if the game is meant to be non-challenging to make it properly non-challenging; case in point: the thing you just said about cool garbage.

Frankly I'm not sure where the "balance only matters in deathmatch" idea came from.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 21, 2016

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Helter Skelter posted:

Honestly, I think it's time to remove the damage falloff from the shotgun primaries. Hek and Tigris could both stand to get their reload speeds chopped in half, too.

Yeah. If only. Or give Hek double the magazine.

I didn't like the Bronco when I tried it - I liked the Pyrhana or whatever a little bit, but it was still pretty meh.

trephine
Sep 29, 2001

Get off my bed

Azran posted:

Wanted to say thanks to Azran for this. He's totally the coolest guy. :v:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Passburger posted:

Lol, Baro's selling primed continuity again...and Eos Breast-plate, only thing that might be new is the prism-scarf.

If I don't have one of those (started playing 3 weeks ago), are these primed mods any good?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I really wish I didn't have to go to a server straining under like a hundred people to purchase a mod. It's super annoying that what should be like two minutes takes ten instead.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

They are good in that they offer more benefit than the original mod, but also cost more cores to level up and cost more to slot as you level them up past the originals.

Personally, I'm happy continuity came back because I missed it the first time around. I can see how someone who has been buying everything and not missed a rotation be annoyed though. I think they should have set it at a weekly rotation but they probably haven't made enough stuff for his inventory to support doing that yet.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Reacean posted:

They are good in that they offer more benefit than the original mod, but also cost more cores to level up and cost more to slot as you level them up past the originals.

Personally, I'm happy continuity came back because I missed it the first time around. I can see how someone who has been buying everything and not missed a rotation be annoyed though. I think they should have set it at a weekly rotation but they probably haven't made enough stuff for his inventory to support doing that yet.

People that hoarded on primed continuity are currently trying to sell most of their junk on the trading chat, it's hilarious.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Passburger posted:

Lol, Baro's selling primed continuity again...and Eos Breast-plate, only thing that might be new is the prism-scarf.
This is the first time consoles have gotten him so it makes sense that he'd reset. PC people have also been begging for him to restock old stuff.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

BarkingSquirrel posted:

This is the first time consoles have gotten him so it makes sense that he'd reset. PC people have also been begging for him to restock old stuff.

I'm all for it, specially since I missed one of the Eos armor parts. Thanks for the explanation though.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

BarkingSquirrel posted:

This is peculiar, I thought that PC and consoles would be de-synced on things like this, but evidently this doesn't seem to be true at all. PC/PS4/XBone are desynced on alert event streams, for example.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

necrobobsledder posted:

This is peculiar, I thought that PC and consoles would be de-synced on things like this, but evidently this doesn't seem to be true at all. PC/PS4/XBone are desynced on alert event streams, for example.

They are desynced, the two lists just happen to have a couple--but not all--of the same things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I think they said from the beginning that Baro was going to cycle stuff back in.