Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

I have that gauge. It doesn't like the cold.

colas posted:

I'm in Florida

I think he'll be ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Geoj posted:

But really, what other category would you put a beer in that has coffee and chocolate as its primary flavor notes?

Breakfast. :colbert:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KoB posted:

I think he'll be ok.

He might travel.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
I've had the double IPA in the past. It's OK, not my favorite but it's far from bad in my opinion

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Henchman 21 posted:

I'm a big fan of all Great Lakes beers considering I'm about an hour away from Cleveland. I'd really like to get my hands on some Chillwave. Mmmmm.

If you're that close to CLand you should swing by Cornerstone brewery in the spring (It's in Berea on front street) and try the Erie Blue.

It's fuckin awesome.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I paid for this a few months ago when I backed JOY's latest EP, but the shirt just arrived today! Sorry not sorry for the instagram photo.

I also got these cute 'lil photo hangers from Target because I'm tired of the art situation in my bedroom, and I thought these would be an easy way to switch stuff out.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Henchman 21 posted:

I've had the double IPA in the past. It's OK, not my favorite but it's far from bad in my opinion

Sam Adams IPAs aren't bad. They're just "ok, whatever". I'd just grab Boston Lager if I'm getting Sam.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

athletic tape because i sprained my dumb wrist mountain biking. ill be out of the gym and off the trails for a bit

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

SaltLick posted:

athletic tape because i sprained my dumb wrist mountain biking. ill be out of the gym and off the trails for a bit

Before I scrolled far enough to read your text I thought you stole a few rolls of that toilet paper that they use at gas stations or something.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

colas posted:

Sam Adams IPAs aren't bad. They're just "ok, whatever". I'd just grab Boston Lager if I'm getting Sam.

Yeah, most of Sams stuff is pretty average. Brick red is pretty nice though.

Got me some Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA. Love this stuff even though I really don't like IPAs all that much.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Trastion posted:

Before I scrolled far enough to read your text I thought you stole a few rolls of that toilet paper that they use at gas stations or something.

even in my most desperate hour i dont think id steal single ply gas station toilet paper

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Trastion posted:

I saw paper for an adding machine. It is tax season, after all.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

colas posted:

Their winter lager is quite good, if you are a fan of bocks.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
This shopping moment sponsored by pay raise and failed vehicle inspection. Hopefully these will make the upcoming repair jobs a bit easier. 140€ for the big box in the middle (drill, 2 batteries, charger, 100-piece toolset), another 100€ for the impact wrench + free extra battery.

[edit] Preemptive edit for specific model number googling: drill RCD1802M, impact BIW180M.

JointHorse has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Feb 20, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

colas posted:

Has anyone tried the Sam Double IPA? I've tried 2-3 of their IPAs and they weren't that great.

gently caress Sam Adams. I used to think they were ok until they started ripping off Brewdog's branding.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Scarf posted:

gently caress Sam Adams. I used to think they were ok until they started ripping off Brewdog's branding.

Yeah they loving did. I was kinda excited when I tried Rebel IPA. I was wondering what took them so long since they're the original micro-brewer/little guy.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

colas posted:

Yeah they loving did. I was kinda excited when I tried Rebel IPA. I was wondering what took them so long since they're the original micro-brewer/little guy.

Better comparison:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Scarf posted:

Better comparison:

Oh no, how dare they both use an early 90s grunge aesthetic!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Dewgy posted:

Oh no, how dare they both use an early 90s grunge aesthetic!

Haha yeah screw your original design that's been around for 7 years, free market bitch! We'll just rebrand it as our own!

For fucks sake they even used the shield and a synonym for punk...

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Scarf posted:

Haha yeah screw your original design that's been around for 7 years, free market bitch! We'll just rebrand it as our own!

Well Conformist IPA didn't do well in the test studies.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Scarf posted:

I'd see these two beers next to each other on a shelf and I'd 100% not give a poo poo or think that Sam Adams was trying to knock off their design. Not kidding, that design's nowhere near close enough to be considered a ripoff. If anything, I've seen dozens of beers with this kind of aesthetic, so does that mean they're all ripping each other off?

E: don't mistake this as Sam Adams defensery btw the Boston lager tastes like garbage water

Dewgy has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Feb 20, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Studies show that IPA drinkers have a desire to feel as though they are "bucking the establishment" with the exercise of their capitalist input in the national beer market.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Dewgy posted:

I'd see these two beers next to each other on a shelf and I'd 100% not give a poo poo or think that Sam Adams was trying to knock off their design. Not kidding, that design's nowhere near close enough to be considered a ripoff. If anything, I've seen dozens of beers with this kind of aesthetic, so does that mean they're all ripping each other off?

E: don't mistake this as Sam Adams defensery btw the Boston lager tastes like garbage water

I thought they were made by the same company and just different flavors until I read all the replies.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ragequit posted:

Well Conformist IPA didn't do well in the test studies.

It tasted like everything else.

Dewgy posted:

A lot of people don't know that Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise" is a re-write of Stevie Wonder's "Pastime Paradise" either.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Feb 20, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

And Amish Paradise sounds a lot like Gangsta's Paradise. A heck of a lot actually. Like most of Weird Al's stuff, it's so unoriginal.

Well Sam Adams was a patriot and patriots were rebels. I assumed that's what they were going for. When you browse beers a lot and only two labels look so similar...yeah, one kinda ripped off another. It's nbd though.

colas has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Feb 20, 2015

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

You might be on the right track with Amish Paradise. Maybe one beer is a parody of the other. Fair use and all.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
You might be right. If Rebel IPA was better than the Punk IPA, I might not care as much... i.e. Amish Paradise.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

JEEVES420 posted:

I thought they were made by the same company and just different flavors until I read all the replies.

It's a beer label, iunno, they all look like the same poo poo when it comes down to it. Maybe I just buy too much drat beer. :shrug:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Can we go back to talking about floormats please?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

dreesemonkey posted:

I was pleased to see that for my vehicle I could get a set of front mats for $110 versus the $200 for the whole car. No one really gets in my back seat...except for my kids with their snowy boots and muddy soccer cleats.

Damnit, $180 it is.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I was pleased to see that for my vehicle I could get a set of front mats for $110 versus the $200 for the whole car. No one really gets in my back seat...except for my kids with their snowy boots and muddy soccer cleats.

Damnit, $180 it is.

Yeah my 2dr coupe has impeccable rear seat interior/mats and a destroyed driver's seat and coffee-stained embroidered oem mats. So I'm gonna get the weather tech ones.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011
Needed some new headphones for my computer. Got these a week ago.

Philips Fidelio X2's. They sound glorious and are super comfortable to wear.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a set of $20 cut-to-fit floor mats last year when I couldn't get a set of Weathertech, three of them are in my car - the passenger and rear set mats. The driver's floormat I would have had to cut completely apart to get it to fit under my clutch pedal and around the dead pedal, but the rest fit fine, so I'll probably just get the fronts. I still haven't made up my mind.

PCOS Bill has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Feb 20, 2015

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Acquired today:

Tickets for the Neutral Milk Hotel show in Louisville. No pics, but excited -- they've said it's their last tour.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

dreesemonkey posted:

Have to go with ol reliable.

i bought new shoes to wear with jeans

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
If you like Punk IPA do yourself a favour and try some Proper Job.
Very similar, delicious IPA hoppy goodness.

Then progress a little further to it's older brother Big Job for a bit more citrus zest and even more hops.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Fozaldo posted:

If you like Punk IPA do yourself a favour and try some Proper Job.
Very similar, delicious IPA hoppy goodness.

Then progress a little further to it's older brother Big Job for a bit more citrus zest and even more hops.

Hi I want to start a microbrewery! Oh, my idea for flavors? Let's just put a shitload of hops into all the beers until they taste like you're licking the hops dust out of a bushel of ground hops, gently caress all the other flavors.

Someone else on this forum said it before me but I hate the trend of adding more and more hops into beers just to be unique. I also equally dislike the trend of making darker and darker beers with higher and higher ABV values.

Can't a man just get some solid options on a nice light lager?

Also recently I was given bottles of each of these because my boss likes to go in on hand selected single barrels. Each were hand selected and have his name on the label which is cool. (Pictures not mine)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

tomstuart posted:

Hi I want to start a microbrewery! Oh, my idea for flavors? Let's just put a shitload of hops into all the beers until they taste like you're licking the hops dust out of a bushel of ground hops, gently caress all the other flavors.

Chill, there are levels of hoppy-ness. It's not like it's not like every microbrew IPA is hop-rape. You're looking at two levels right there.

You'd really hate this one, it's a blend of 19 different types of hops. It was like 4-5/bottle at the liquor store. It was ok.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13307/73551/

These aren't bad except for the sauce, the sauce it way too sweet.

colas has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Feb 21, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

colas posted:

Chill, there are levels of hoppy-ness. It's not like it's not like every microbrew is hop-rape. You're looking at two levels right there.

These aren't bad except for the sauce, the sauce it way too sweet.

Agreed, I go with Freschetta and Palermos as my top picks for frozen pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Scarf posted:

Agreed, I go with Freschetta and Palermos as my top picks for frozen pizza.

Yeah, I was thinking I'd grab Freschetta next time. I remember them being better.