Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day
We only had 4-6 goons in mumble today but even with that and the handful of small units+pubs that were also queuing up we were stomping davion groups easily. If we could get together a 12 man like we could a couple of weeks ago then it'd be easy money. People just need to get online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I want a cauldron born and will probably buy one if it is at all reasonable like the resistance pack. It and the shadowcat were two of my favorite mechs from MechWarrior 3.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

TeeMerk posted:

I want a cauldron born and will probably buy one if it is at all reasonable like the resistance pack. It and the shadowcat were two of my favorite mechs from MechWarrior 3.

Same here, I'm super pumped about those two. The Cauldron Born is a monster of a brawler.

Grynos
Jan 14, 2015

TeeMerk posted:

They said it would be the 40,60,80,120 price range and if you bought it before the end of February then you would get a fourth variant for free.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

Yeah it's really not gonna matter now that we can farm them every night, enough of them will burn out super quickly after getting wrecked all night every night that the numbers advantage will only hold for a few days.

You would think so, but remember these are the pubbies that will stay at spawn to run down the timer so the other teams can play turret warrior.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Last night I dreamt I was playing in a tiny, tiny locust (about 1/3rd of the normal size) that had 2 large lasers on it. I did 30 damage.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So you are saying that you died 3 minutes into the match. :v:

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 20, 2015

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
Some dream of winning the lottery, others dream about shooting their large lasers once and dying.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mindblast posted:

Where are you folks getting that announcement from?

Russ does a 2 hour town hall on Twitch every month.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

LordBaxter posted:

We only had 4-6 goons in mumble today but even with that and the handful of small units+pubs that were also queuing up we were stomping davion groups easily. If we could get together a 12 man like we could a couple of weeks ago then it'd be easy money. People just need to get online.

I can hop on mumble tonight to help shoot robits. Is it the address that's posted in the in game faction chat window?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
The part I find hilarious is the Steam release is coming "fairly soon" but with the UI still a complete mess and something like 75% of the maps being terrible for 12v12 (or just plain terrible), maybe a Steam release won't be as magical as everyone is thinking?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

MadWOPR posted:

Some dream of winning the lottery, others dream about shooting their large lasers once and dying.

My tiny large lasers were doing very little damage. I shot lots of times!

I wasn't missing, honest.

It was like a fever dream.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

The part I find hilarious is the Steam release is coming "fairly soon" but with the UI still a complete mess and something like 75% of the maps being terrible for 12v12 (or just plain terrible), maybe a Steam release won't be as magical as everyone is thinking?

Numbers will increase for a month, then PGI will bleed from a thousand valve cuts. However, soon for them could mean loving anything.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Coolwhoami posted:

Numbers will increase for a month, then PGI will bleed from a thousand valve cuts. However, soon for them could mean loving anything.

Good points. Won't they also have to split in-game purchases like MC 70/30 with Valve? Or do they get around that by offering purchases through their website. I kind of remember someone getting in trouble for doing that, but maybe I am thinking of Apple's App Store.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Finster Dexter posted:

Good points. Won't they also have to split in-game purchases like MC 70/30 with Valve? Or do they get around that by offering purchases through their website. I kind of remember someone getting in trouble for doing that, but maybe I am thinking of Apple's App Store.

If they let you buy MC with Steam funds or offer mech packs through Steam then they will loose 10-30% of each sale through Steam. Nothing is stopping them from allowing and defaulting to MWOmercs.com payments however.

edit: VV They can also do the PWE method, and offer like two completely garbage packs and call it good enough to get on Steam.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 20, 2015

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I didn't think valve let you have a product on steam if you didn't have the option of purchasing DLC and the like through them. So yeah, they could default to you paying through the website but if there isn't an option to buy through the steam storefront I don't see valve letting that happen.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Fil5000 posted:

I didn't think valve let you have a product on steam if you didn't have the option of purchasing DLC and the like through them. So yeah, they could default to you paying through the website but if there isn't an option to buy through the steam storefront I don't see valve letting that happen.

It doesn't have to be everything possible via Steam. War Thunder is a good example. Lots of their paid content is exclusively available on their website, while a small selection of bundles are also purchasable on Steam. Most of their promotional sale events also take place through the website. I doubt the mech pack money PGI lives off of would be affected.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
most f2p titles on steam circumvent the problem by selling exclusive steam starter packs that are both appealing to new and old players

in the early days, i do believe steam allowed for companies to simply put up their title on steam without having to sell anything via the steam store. valve was more interested in gaining new steam users from well established communities but this isn't the case anymore and the power has obviously shifted.

teepo fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 20, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Oh hey look, another get 1 kill, 1 assist and win the game event, this time with the Raven-3L(C). And a bunch of extra crap that nobody really cares about that used to take another weekend by other iteration of the event.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2015/02/1101-like-champion-mark-ii-event

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Cosmic Afro posted:

Oh hey look, another get 1 kill, 1 assist and win the game event, this time with the Raven-3L(C). And a bunch of extra crap that nobody really cares about that used to take another weekend by other iteration of the event.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2015/02/1101-like-champion-mark-ii-event

great... these tournaments make solo pubbing unbearable.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

teepo posted:

great... these tournaments make solo pubbing unbearable.

So don't play solo?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tank Boy Ken posted:

So don't play solo?

Nah man. Solo play is fine.

:smuggo:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
It's true, you can get away with the silliest bullshit in solo queue, while the enemy team tries to herd each other like cats.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah a weekend like this doesn't sound like a good time to practice light roberts. I'd just be free kills for the pubbies. :v:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if an ECM raven with ERLL's would still work though. Poke st long range with radar derp and ECM can't be that bad to avoid Lrm's. Might be worth it to have more people carry an umbrella (AMS) though.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Tank Boy Ken posted:

So don't play solo?

rather solo than potentially run into the one or two WoL members who spew racist poo poo

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure there are a few like that but I haven't heard anything like that since G1mmel left, really

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Mederlock posted:

I wonder if an ECM raven with ERLL's would still work though. Poke st long range with radar derp and ECM can't be that bad to avoid Lrm's. Might be worth it to have more people carry an umbrella (AMS) though.

Cut some armor and bring your own AMS, try to not get shot directly.

teepo posted:

rather solo than potentially run into the one or two WoL members who spew racist poo poo

Out of the 10 people who actually get on mumble, 0 of them do that.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the active player base for WOL is actually a pretty solid set of dudes, in terms of not being racist assholes like that at least

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

teepo posted:

Well, you know, the 228th is recruiting,

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, I hope you guys weren't attached to VOIP. They had to disable it for the current version due to it causing bugs and crashes.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

They advertised it as being a useful part of the weekend challenge too. :v:

e: mining map is back though!

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 20, 2015

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
Its still working for me?

Edit: VoIP that is, also yay mining!

Sonderval fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 20, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

garth ferengi posted:

Do you plan to stick to IS or do you switch between Clan/IS? Since I do have one account for each side of that balance.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
If anyone wants to grind out robutts today I'll be in the mumble for the next two days

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The VoIP issue has been fixed already.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Clan wave 3 order page up.

https://mwomercs.com/wavethree

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Got this going. The UI is pretty confusing, but it looks like I have a Centurion (CN9-AH) and an Atlas (AS7-S) so that seems like a decent place to start (both tier 2 on that metamech site somebody listed). I'll probably stomp around in the Atlas (and various trial mechs) until I have enough money for something different.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

garth ferengi posted:

Do you guys have standards, or can bads apply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Why do all the trial Assaults loving suck. Even the clan trials have garbage loadout, and they all have LRMs for some loving reason.

• Locked thread