Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Shenron can do whatever, really, he's just a noted rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blue Star posted:

If Freeza is revived in several pieces, how do they make him 100% organic again?

Obviously they feed him a Senzu bean

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Shenron can do whatever, really, he's just a noted rear end in a top hat.

I like that I never really thought about Shenron being an rear end in a top hat until I started reading forums and people pointed it out.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blue Star posted:

If Freeza is revived in several pieces, how do they make him 100% organic again?

Science. Sweet magical science.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
you really think the protagonists would keep better track of the Dragonballs really to stop poo poo like this from going down.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

OTOH if they horde the Dragon Balls for themselves it kind of defeats the point of them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Raxivace posted:

OTOH if they horde the Dragon Balls for themselves it kind of defeats the point of them.

Well there has to be a middleground to "We will never even pay attention to these things in case someone like the Red Ribbon Army or Pilaf pops up" and "BALLS ARE OURS! ALL OURS! DROWN IN WISHES BITCHES!"

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The middle ground is Grand Prize for Bingo.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Ekusukariba posted:

How can Frieza be revived? I thought there was a rule that they had to be revived within a year of death? Also wonder if they'll remember that you get two wishes from Shenron

Freeza years are really, reeeeaaaaally long, okay.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

The middle ground is Grand Prize for Bingo.

Now I just hope that this is how Freeza's minions end up with them. You have 'definately not an alien' Saskatoonberry hanging in the audience with a bunch of bingo cards at a birthday party so he can get the balls handed to him.

MastG
May 25, 2014

I used to think the rock formations in Dragon Ball were wacky and unnatural. I was wrong.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well I went and preordered Xenoverse on Steam(thanks to selling some spare TF2 stuff I only had to pay 32 bucks for it), hopefully it'll run decently on my laptop(since it's a couple years old)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MastG posted:

I used to think the rock formations in Dragon Ball were wacky and unnatural. I was wrong.

You think that's freaky man? One of the beaches around Lake Michigan is trying to eat children.

http://iun.edu/news/2014/baldy-research-argyilan.htm

Not even Lord Freiza would eat a child.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MastG posted:

Oh wow, that's like as close of an approximation as possible to the place that shows up in all the games where Vegeta and Goku fight.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Maybe Dragon Ball Z takes place entirely at Lake Michigan Beach and everyone is just really tiny?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

New Leaf posted:

"You're Frieza, right?"

"...yes?"

"You're inside me right now."

"Sure is Zarbon in here."

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
For all of you asking about the spoiled images of the start of the Revival of F movie, the synopsis of the first manga is up:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-offs/movie/freeza-01/

quote:

Shenlong has indeed been summoned, and before him stand Sorbet, Tagoma, and the Pilaf trio (who are still children). Shenlong tells them to state their desire, for he will grant any wish. Pilaf invites Sorbet to do so, while Mai (under her breath) questions the wisdom of letting them have a wish with the Dragon Balls they worked so hard to collect. Pilaf shoots back that they have no choice, and to keep quiet.

Sorbet shouts for the Dragon to resurrect Lord Freeza, but Shenlong remains silent. Sorbet asks what’s wrong: he can grant any wish, right? The Dragon says that it is indeed possible, but that person’s mortal body was cut into pieces quite a long time ago, and cannot be brought back to life. It would be meaningless for his soul to return to it as-is.

Sorbet is briefly troubled by this news, but Tagoma suggests the recovery chambers currently used by their forces might be able to revive him. His concerns allayed, Sorbet shouts, “Hey! I don’t care if he’s in pieces, just revive him already!” The Dragon is displeased with his high-and-mighty demeanor, but since he has no choice, he does as he is bidden. Shenlong’s eyes glow….

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm going to assume that the revival chamber they use to fix Frieza's body is a relatively new invention. Otherwise, why the hell wouldn't they have used it on him after Namek.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Onmi posted:

Well there has to be a middleground to "We will never even pay attention to these things in case someone like the Red Ribbon Army or Pilaf pops up" and "BALLS ARE OURS! ALL OURS! DROWN IN WISHES BITCHES!"

Doesnt Goku always go get the #4 anyway?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

I'm going to assume that the revival chamber they use to fix Frieza's body is a relatively new invention. Otherwise, why the hell wouldn't they have used it on him after Namek.

It actually says that

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Also explains the Buu thing.

Freeza's father told him to avoid fighting Beerus and Buu at all costs when younger, and hearing that Goku beat Buu sparks Freeza to go train for the first time, and to train for four months.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

Also explains the Buu thing.

Freeza's father told him to avoid fighting Beerus and Buu at all costs when younger, and hearing that Goku beat Buu sparks Freeza to go train for the first time, and to train for four months.

Haha, man. "Welp, I got brutally murdered and utterly outclassed. Guess that's just how it has to be. Wait, he beat that OTHER guy? gently caress it, I'mma training!"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If there's no Rocky-esque training montage, including the steps scene, there's absolutely no reason for Revival of F to even exist.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Aurain posted:

If there's no Rocky-esque training montage, including the steps scene, there's absolutely no reason for Revival of F to even exist.

I'd love to see a scene of Cell training Frieza in HFIL. It ends with them running on a beach during a sunset and high fiving each other.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Freeza delivering milk everyday with a turtle shell on his back

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This movie is going to end with Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza all becoming training buddies.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm just imagining Cold giving baby Freeza lessons on how to be a galactic conqueror.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
big ol' chalkboard with lovely drawings in it

kicking a child in the face = OKAY

kicking beerus in the face = NEVER OKAY

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm just imagining Cold giving baby Freeza lessons on how to be a galactic conqueror.

"And this is how you use your tail to dismember an underling who dares disagree with you. :3:"

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Aurain posted:

My thoughts exactly.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Please, if he isn't using planets for steps, this isn't the DBZ I know.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In DBM news, beginning to think that Goku's actually going to lose this one. If he's going to win, he needs to do it in the next page or two.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

In DBM news, beginning to think that Goku's actually going to lose this one. If he's going to win, he needs to do it in the next page or two.

It's not real though, is it? I genuinely can't tell. Frieza never showed an ability to teleport someone to another time and place before.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

New Leaf posted:

It's not real though, is it? I genuinely can't tell. Frieza never showed an ability to teleport someone to another time and place before.

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-991.html#h_read

Super Duper Buu went around as Superpower Santa

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Exercu posted:

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-991.html#h_read

Super Duper Buu went around as Superpower Santa

Edit: Oh that's exactly what happened.. nevermind.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The comments on that site are loving amazing.

some tool posted:

I can't decide what's worse, this page or the new information about the Revival Of Freeza manga/movie.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-offs/movie/freeza-01/
"...Sorbet tries to warn him off, saying that the Saiyan named Son Goku became even more powerful than that. This, however, amuses Freeza, who claims it was entirely expected: “I merely have to become stronger than he is.” Sorbet goes on to say that he defeated even Majin Buu… though after that, they have no data. “Majin Buu…” muses Freeza, “Papa told me never to lay a hand on only two people: God of Destruction Beerus, and Majin Buu. That Majin Buu, eh?…” Sorbet nervously agrees. Freeza is not happy: “…That is beyond what I had imagined.”

“However,” smirks the overlord, “isn’t it interesting?” Sorbet asks what he means. “Since I was a born genius, I have never done such a thing as a training, nor have I ever had any need.” At this, he ascends into the air. “I wonder what will happen… if I train, and draw out all my latent potential…”

“You mean… you’ll be able to get stronger?” asks Sorbet hesitantly. “Well, of course,” replies Freeza, “according to my predictions, I will…. If I train in earnest for four months… I should be able to snuff out even that Saiyan in the blink of an eye…” Sorbet and the others are astounded: “What… that much stronger…?” Freeza just grins an evil grin..."

Looks like Toriyama truly doesn't care anymore about writing a good story. The funny thing is, some people hated GT because Toriyama didn't make it and it was full of plot holes. Well, Toriyama made Battle Of Gods, DB Minus, and now this new Revival Of Freeza movie and they are not much better than GT.

DBZ should have been allowed to die with dignity back in 1996.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If Revival of F is only half as good as Battle of Gods, it will still be one of the best DBZ movies by miles.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Prison Warden posted:

The comments on that site are loving amazing.

Did you glance at the long, long argument over plot armor?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My favorite thing about the aging shenanigans in Freeza's head is that Goku is growing a sweet moustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's sorta neat that the movie may finally address something I always wondered about as a kid just how strong would frieza be if he actually trained.

• Locked thread