Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

RedQueen posted:

Also, a little skinchat PSA, I added a wear details and skin preview videos to csgostash, scroll down on any skin details page to see them: http://csgostash.com/skin/422/AWP-Dragon-Lore

This is excellent. But why aren't these wear images showing up for any of the knives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

JAssassin posted:

Also, I have a replay here that I'd like some advice on. I never played Facade very much, and so I feel like not only was my shooting bad, but the general decision making was pretty poor. I'm vocal so I end up making a lot of the calls, but a lot of them are based on gut feelings rather than actual game sense. Most of the time I'm calling poo poo like "Let's go B? I dunno". Anyone want to take a peek at that replay and give me some tips in general/for Facade?

Nobody (who is any good) plays facade ever so I don't think you're going to get much helpful criticism from a facade demo, maybe post one from a more common map?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Personally, I think just playing Matchmaking is way better for practice than playing DM or other maps.

There are competitive community servers too, if you wanted to practice before jumping back in to MM.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

real dilemma posted:

Nobody (who is any good) plays facade ever so I don't think you're going to get much helpful criticism from a facade demo, maybe post one from a more common map?

I have a couple wins on Nuke and then one where I got totally trounced on Dust 2. I was playing mid that game and my mid calls were terrible. It was super one sided so I don't know how much can be gotten from that.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
D2 at the lower ranks is not a very good indicator of skill, imo, because there are people that play nothing but D2 and are probably terrible at the game overall but will be better at D2 just naturally because of how many hours they've been on it

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

Personally, I think just playing Matchmaking is way better for practice than playing DM or other maps.

There are competitive community servers too, if you wanted to practice before jumping back in to MM.

I guess it depends on what your problem is? aim_* maps for peeking, stutter stepping,prefiring and aim. FFA DM for reactions , spray control and aim. MM for game sense, comms and keeping cool under pressure.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Kumbamontu posted:

D2 at the lower ranks is not a very good indicator of skill, imo, because there are people that play nothing but D2 and are probably terrible at the game overall but will be better at D2 just naturally because of how many hours they've been on it

It really depends what you mean by skill, but you could say your skill on d2 is the purest measure of skill because all the players have equal map knowledge, and probably experience.

It's bad form to be a one map hero, and useless if you want to play in a team, but it doesn't detract from your fundamental CS skills I guess.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

That's exactly why D2 is the worst map in the game. Too many players that only play D2. Now Inferno or Aztec...

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
does the team that starts ct win 60% or more at lower levels?

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Slaapaav posted:

does the team that starts ct win 60% or more at lower levels?

I've noticed at lower levels of MM, teams which start T side get tilted and start raging at each other instead of staging comebacks. Happens more often, at least for me, in nova MM compared to PUGs with higher level players who understand ct-sided map dynamics and what not. Not that it doesn't happen in pugs, but less experienced/skilled players just seem to give up when you go into CT side at 5-10 on say inferno, even though that's not a huge deficit in reality

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

thehacker0 posted:

I've noticed at lower levels of MM, teams which start T side get tilted and start raging at each other instead of staging comebacks. Happens more often, at least for me, in nova MM compared to PUGs with higher level players who understand ct-sided map dynamics and what not. Not that it doesn't happen in pugs, but less experienced/skilled players just seem to give up when you go into CT side at 5-10 on say inferno, even though that's not a huge deficit in reality

Yeah this is definitely a problem, people end up giving up because at teh half it's 3-12 or whatever and they were on the T side of nuke or whatever CT sided map (all of them?).

Actually had the opposite happen the other day, we started T side inferno and lost 10 out of the first 11 rounds, we ended up like 3-12 or 4-11 at half and then just absolutely wrecked the other team, somewhere around the 20th round they clearly started bickering and a few rounds later the TKs started. We had goodvibes and joking the whole time, our vibes overcame their's and they moved into badvibe territory and welp lost it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ernie. posted:

D2 is the worst map in the game

lmao if you actually believe this

There's a reason why D2 is the most played map and it isn't simply because it's already popular

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
D2 is fun if you like aim-centric gameplay. Its so open most places have very few ways to play them and it gets stale eventually.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MF_James posted:

Yeah this is definitely a problem, people end up giving up because at teh half it's 3-12 or whatever and they were on the T side of nuke or whatever CT sided map (all of them?).

Actually had the opposite happen the other day, we started T side inferno and lost 10 out of the first 11 rounds, we ended up like 3-12 or 4-11 at half and then just absolutely wrecked the other team, somewhere around the 20th round they clearly started bickering and a few rounds later the TKs started. We had goodvibes and joking the whole time, our vibes overcame their's and they moved into badvibe territory and welp lost it.

My last game we started like 4-11 as CT and went on to draw 15-15 because they kept trying to kick each other for throwing once the sick comeback began. They eventually succeeded on round like 25 and we were able to draw it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What the hell, here's one of those nuke games. If I remember right, we made a pretty solid comeback on CT side (Is it really a comeback if it's CT side on nuke?) to win 16-14.

Edit: I'm CascadeB in game.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 20, 2015

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
D2 is a good map because of how well it lends itself to plays, like its the most naturally flowing map of any game ever made. I would hardly call it an aim centric map though, if anything it is centered around ts playing their spawns correctly, and how the fight for long goes.

But I mean who are you really fighting with lmao, when someone says "d2 is kinda boring" they aren't wrong.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

But I mean who are you really fighting with lmao, when someone says "d2 is kinda boring" they aren't wrong.

Literally going to fight you irl

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Awesome Welles posted:

Literally going to fight you irl

Save your lance for a map that's worth defending, dust two isn't going anywhere buddy it's ok.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
When I die bury me on B plat

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

As far as comebacks go, I always slightly dread going into the second half with like a 12-3 lead. Sometimes whatever was working in our favor while attacking/defending in the first half does not translate to the side switch. It's rough in solo matchmaking to have to do a pivot mid-match and go "alright what's not working here?" while feeling out your own team and the opposing team.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Pistol rounds, pistol rounds, pistol rounds. Its amazing how giant of a swing you can get from them, especially for a second half comeback. Its astounding how many people just throw away pistols with rush cat/long/b with no strategy. In reality you're pretty much winning 3 rounds for the price of one.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
losing both pistols rounds on nuke is just about a death sentence

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Kwilty posted:

Pistol rounds, pistol rounds, pistol rounds. Its amazing how giant of a swing you can get from them, especially for a second half comeback. Its astounding how many people just throw away pistols with rush cat/long/b with no strategy. In reality you're pretty much winning 3 rounds for the price of one.

Unless you are T and lose pistol round, just Tec-9 Armor on eco rounds and lay waste to the dummies who bought bizons/smg's.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014

Kwilty posted:

you're pretty much winning 3 rounds for the price of one.

rule nr. 423: nothing is guaranteed in matchmaking.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeza posted:

losing both pistols rounds on nuke is just about a death sentence

Unless you are the king of counter ecos yeah

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Necc0 posted:

This is excellent. But why aren't these wear images showing up for any of the knives?

You can't pull up knife models in the workshop sadly as they don't allow for community submitted knife skins. There is probably a way to do it by hacking around with the game files but I haven't dug into it

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Playing with good players is dope. I'm getting rushed on cat, trying to fall back and stay alive and out of nowhere two flashes and a smoke sail over my head so I can drop back and reload. Last I checked the only other guy on A side was at long and now there are two dudes on plat and I didn't get a chance to call a thing.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

http://gfycat.com/IllfatedObedientKillerwhale

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

When I die bury me on B plat

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

henne posted:

Playing with good players is dope. I'm getting rushed on cat, trying to fall back and stay alive and out of nowhere two flashes and a smoke sail over my head so I can drop back and reload. Last I checked the only other guy on A side was at long and now there are two dudes on plat and I didn't get a chance to call a thing.

Yes. Hmu for pugs btw I still am premium.

But yeah people on esea have correct instincts, they greedy for them kills and they know that keeping you alive will give them frags.

That poo poo should be second nature. Like no matter where the conflict is going on, you should be immediately moving to do whatever you can to contribute to it. But it's surprising to have players actually do that when in goonmans you'll have 3 ts come up cat and start fighting, and nobody reacts to it until bomb is spotted or whatever.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

That poo poo should be second nature. Like no matter where the conflict is going on, you should be immediately moving to do whatever you can to contribute to it. But it's surprising to have players actually do that when in goonmans you'll have 3 ts come up cat and start fighting, and nobody reacts to it until bomb is spotted or whatever.

:stare: "FOUR PUSHING CAT!"
:smuggo: "Don't rotate. No bomb spotted. They might be sneaking it B"
:stare: *dead* "They planted A"

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Eh we just played a mm and we finished went back to lobby and now its saying we have to reconnect to the old game? Back out on the front page it gives us the option to reconnect but obviously that goes nowhere. Is it safe to "abandon" or are we about to eat the most retarded cooldown?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Goofballs posted:

Eh we just played a mm and we finished went back to lobby and now its saying we have to reconnect to the old game? Back out on the front page it gives us the option to reconnect but obviously that goes nowhere. Is it safe to "abandon" or are we about to eat the most retarded cooldown?

Just wait it out for a few minutes. It will go away probably

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Ya and we ate the 9 minute cooldown which was weird.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Goofballs posted:

Ya and we ate the 9 minute cooldown which was weird.

:confuoot:

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
esea nic? couldn't find ya.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Fat Lou posted:

:stare: "FOUR PUSHING CAT!"
:smuggo: "Don't rotate. No bomb spotted. They might be sneaking it B"
:stare: *dead* "They planted A"

If u post with faces again you're banned

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

henne posted:

esea nic? couldn't find ya.

Hitler

(I'm not home atm but we are steam friends I assume?)

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Fat Lou posted:

:stare: "THEY'RE ALL B!"
:smuggo: "Rotate. Three are actually mid"
:smuggo: *dead*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Hitler

(I'm not home atm but we are steam friends I assume?)

Who knows. I'm m0h on esea meow on gmans.

• Locked thread