Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Sounds about as much fun as a rectal prolapse. I cant wait to "carry" pubbies in a tank that moves slower than a dead snail rolling down a molasses mountain.

I still ended up with a win rate of 60% in my T95 and I am a worse player than you with worse clan mates.
My tactic in the T95 was simple, follow the heavy advance and either hold a collapsing flank or push through a dead-lock.
It is basically only Tier10 TDs that can threaten the T95 from the front, so that worked surprisingly well.
I liked the T95 more than I like my E3 mostly due to a better armour layout.
My favourite thing in the T95 was to bully tier10 heavies with the great gun and the armour. But yeah, if you can't deal with slow, stay the gently caress away from the T95.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

My tactic in the T95 was simple, follow the heavy advance and either hold a collapsing flank or push through a dead-lock.

This is great advice, thank you.

Cardiac posted:

It is basically only Tier10 TDs that can threaten the T95 from the front, so that worked surprisingly well.

It is rare but some players know how to pen the tumors (me being one of them), it's all about timing your peekaboo shots with the T95 and hope you have some teammates to prevent him from being a big bully.

Cardiac posted:

I liked the T95 more than I like my E3 mostly due to a better armour layout.

The only real weak spots of the E3 are the LFP and the super loving tiny front vents (which a lot of players don't even know about). The tumor is a red herring. The T95 has the two tumors up top and the LFP if you are feeling lucky. Either way I hate it when I see a T95 or an E3 on the other team. They are real cock blocks rush halters.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Uranium 235 posted:

Is the FCM 50t not good at making credits? It seems like it's the best t8 prem for players who are good. Pref mm, very mobile, very good gun with high DPM, supposedly cheap ammo, good gun depression. It's huge and has no armor, but that's where the being good comes in.

I'm seriously considering getting one even though I have the T34 and KV-5 already. They're just really slow and can be annoying to play sometimes. I tend to favor lights/mediums with good mobility.

If there's one thing I'm sure of in WoT, it's that the FCM 50t is the best tank in the game. Pref MM means that you never ever see tier 10s, and you get to poo poo on tier 6/7s all day. It's got the firepower, HP, and armor of a heavy, but with the speed and agility of a medium. It is the most profitable tank in all of WoT. It's got the accuracy to snipe, the stability to fire effectively on the move, the penetration to take on heavier targets, the RoF to win knife fights, the maneuverability to flank and reposition, and even the view range to effectively scout, all with a good armor layout. Sometimes I get sad that I missed out on getting a Type 59, but then I remember that I own an FCM 50t and I get happy again.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

One round I took my T95 valley on Lakeville, but only after telling the rest of my team to get their asses to the city and then making sure they actually listened. I killed 5 of 7 enemy tanks in the valley and then got flanked because 14 of my teammates couldn't kill 8 of theirs. I guess the moral of this story is this: gently caress pubs forever.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/1120-Skirmish_7/single_eliminations/527392-Bravo_Playoff_2/?draw=1

Something tells me that nobody realizes that this is tonight and we will not be fielding a team. c/d?

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

buzzsaw.gif posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/1120-Skirmish_7/single_eliminations/527392-Bravo_Playoff_2/?draw=1

Something tells me that nobody realizes that this is tonight and we will not be fielding a team. c/d?

It's been on my mind, so we have two so far.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

warcrimes posted:

The FCM shits on both the T34 and Lowe for the sole reason of never seeing tier 10s. The IS-6 is also a really good money maker, you don't need to spam gold as long as you know how to aim.

The FCM is absolutely worth it as it cross trains for a great line(and can be used to train up a crew for the second medium line coming in 9.7) and is actually fun to play. Also, tier 8 prefs are not being released anymore and there have been several rumours of the current pref 8s all being taken out of the store eventually.

Rave on, catshit!

I love pinging FCMs in my M55 :orks:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The Southern Dandy posted:

Rave on, catshit!

I love pinging FCMs in my M55 :orks:

I like missing broadside stationary FCMs in my M53. I'll get him next time, I lie to myself.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

I like missing broadside stationary FCMs in my M53. I'll get him next time, I lie to myself.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

Get the big gun, gold rounds, and BA. Wipe off your tears with a jaunty French scarf and never look back! :france:

*tosses scarf around neck*

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 20, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Get the big gun, gold rounds, and BA. Wipe off your tears with a jaunty French scarf and never look back! :france:

*tosses scarf around neck*

Tears for the Tear God.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Tears for the Tear God.

Buttes for the Butte Throne!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Buttes for the Butte Throne!

:c00lbutt:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I have an interview at LockMart on Tuesday of next week. Not kidding, lol.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I have an interview at LockMart on Tuesday of next week. Not kidding, lol.

Ask them if they can get you a surplus M53 on the cheap.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Ask them if they can get you a surplus M53 on the cheap.

Slow your roll, Chillsau. First the interview, then the job, then we all drive M55s to our jobs!

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I hope you don't get syphilis =(

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

buzzsaw.gif posted:

I am here.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I hope you don't get syphilis =(

Too late, he's French.

Also the 3 TD kills mission is grossly easy, due the the glut of mid tier TDs AND glut of high tier TDs. Load up a Batchat or a tier 4-7 medium and go to town.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Too late, he's French.

Le Syphlis? Ohn ohn ohn!

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit
Just had the best game ever in my E 75.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

It is rare but some players know how to pen the tumors (me being one of them), it's all about timing your peekaboo shots with the T95 and hope you have some teammates to prevent him from being a big bully.

Yeah, that is why you wiggle your T95 while not shooting. Worked reasonably well.
That is my preferred killspot on the T95 as well, and it is double fun doing it on another T95.

Mesadoram posted:

The only real weak spots of the E3 are the LFP and the super loving tiny front vents (which a lot of players don't even know about). The tumor is a red herring. The T95 has the two tumors up top and the LFP if you are feeling lucky. Either way I hate it when I see a T95 or an E3 on the other team. They are real cock blocks rush halters.

Well, the LFP I feel is a problem on the E3. You can't do the same stupid charges (more slowly rumble forwards in the T95 case) in the E3 since the LFP is more exposed. Mind you, I suck in the E3 so far.
As for better armour layout, I meant all around armour. The T95 have better side armour with spaced armour.
Regardless, I enjoyed my time in the T95 once I took it for what it was.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I really liked the T95 and I think I have my highest winrate out of any high tier tanks in it. With clutch braking it can turn surprisingly quickly, which most people don't expect. Otherwise, get to arty cover, preferably in a bottleneck, and deliver american freedom into the hulls of the unwashed foreigners while they bounce just about everything off you. It might be slow as poo poo, but it's one of the few tanks in the game that actually has armor worth a drat.

On a side note, I tried out the FV215b 183 tonight. It's slow as poo poo, handles like poo poo, takes forever to traverse and aim in and seems generally unpleasant. But then I one-shotted a full health T32 and couldn't stop giggling. So it's a dumb bad tank with a hilarious gimmick.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Worst and most hilarious case of tunnel vision in a while, or how do you not see a SU-14-2 creeping up behind you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To08VNgktZE

Standard KV-5 game on North America with a brutal brawl in the middle where the KV-5 show why it is great.
We almost loses it in the end though with 4 tanks vs 2 one-shottable tanks. The really horrible thing starts from 8:30 and watch our KV-13 especially.
If I could punch someone through the monitor I would have done so with that player. 14k battles and still don't know how to handle a TD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEvSarSb7m0

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I save up to guy a tiger and 2 days later it's 30% off :smith:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
ELC, aka the best tank, in Saumur tank museum:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Rincewinds posted:

If you spawn in the north, the circle in the middle is a bush with two trees in it, next to a building, if you park yourself in there with binos, you can spot the tanks going east in the south and tanks on the ridge in the west. Similarly, if you spawn in the south, you can take a chance and go to the bush before the tanks in the north have time to go south in the zero line, it is risky but if you succeed, you will spot tanks on the ridge in the north, heavies moving in the east and perhaps even arties.

Wanted to thank you for posting this, got north spawn in my Type 62 (yes I bought one and it is worth the 20$) and went to that bush. The game ended with 1.5k xp, 1.7k done and over 4k damage spotted, I was 600 xp ahead of the 2nd on my team easily getting the "be top xp" mission.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WGNA posted:

Downtime Notice: An estimated six-hour server downtime will occur in the early morning of February 23 before the release of Update 9.6, beginning at 01:15 AM PST (04:15 EST).

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010

I make fun of these guys every time I see them. Them, and anyone else who uses a US unit flash for their clan icon. Because most of them are terrible, and they're pretending to be members of terrible units. I saw some clan running around with the 316th badge... which is the US Army's Armor training brigade...

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Cardiac posted:

Worst and most hilarious case of tunnel vision in a while, or how do you not see a SU-14-2 creeping up behind you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To08VNgktZE

Tunnel vision is one thing, but this.... What the hell, man, was this guy on drugs or something? :psyduck:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
i think i might have ran into this guy before. anyways, hes incredibly bad@tanks and responded with this, after i sent him a pm congratulating him on being the worst player ive seen all week:

traviesox (22:08:06) perdona tío, tú eres gilipollas o simplemente lo pareces
traviesox (22:08:09) tonto el haba
traviesox (22:08:16) habla en condiciones
traviesox (22:08:23) payaso de mierda
traviesox (22:08:26) que te den por el puto culo

He lost a duel in his full health t32 against a 100 hp t37...

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 21, 2015

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

Atal Vataman posted:

i think i might have ran into this guy before. anyways, hes incredibly bad@tanks and responded with this, after i sent him a pm congratulating him on being the worst player ive seen all week:

traviesox (22:08:06) perdona tío, tú eres gilipollas o simplemente lo parecestraviesox 
(22:08:09) tonto el habatraviesox 
(22:08:16) habla en condicionestraviesox 
(22:08:23) payaso de mierdatraviesox 
(22:08:26) que te den por el puto culo

sorry man, you're an rear end in a top hat or just look like one
(22:08:09) silly bean
(22:08:16) speaks in terms
(22:08:23) clown poo poo
(22:08:26) to get for loving rear end

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

quote:

This guy is PANSY material.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
This weekend so far I have been getting a 50% success rate for calling out fail platoons. It seems to get up pubbies noses when you call them out on their stupidity. I try to work princess and crying into the reply and that gets them going.

Added points for being top three tank every time as well.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Foxtrot_13 posted:

This weekend so far I have been getting a 50% success rate for calling out fail platoons. It seems to get up pubbies noses when you call them out on their stupidity. I try to work princess and crying into the reply and that gets them going.

Added points for being top three tank every time as well.

Please keep doing this. Failplatoons are the worst.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

GiantHurtBall posted:

sorry man, you're an rear end in a top hat or just look like one

I want to call a pubbie clown poo poo but I don't want to reinstall tanks just for that :smith:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Atal Vataman posted:

traviesox (22:08:06) perdona tío, tú eres gilipollas o simplemente lo pareces
traviesox (22:08:09) tonto el haba
traviesox (22:08:16) habla en condiciones
traviesox (22:08:23) payaso de mierda
traviesox (22:08:26) que te den por el puto culo

Do you have a replay of that?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

rossmum posted:

My first battle in Yamato was historically accurate: I shot at someone and then got torped by planes and capsized. My second was better, I dunked some lower tier BBs. My third?

I just deleted a Nagato in a single salvo from right on the edge of his own gun range. :magical:

Also, my quality of life has improved dramatically since I stopped playing tanks!

That must have been one lucky shot. :captainpop:

Nagato has enough HP that it shouldn't be sunk in one shot unless you hit something critical. Also... at that distance it had to be plunging fire... How much armor does the Nagato have again on its decks? Still.. Bet you can't do that twice. :colbert:

Also, no longer playing Tanks is one of the best thing anyone can do in their lives. So much less frustration. In your case tho, at least you were good at it.

NTRabbit posted:

I've been reading about, drawing, and playing games with warships and naval combat since I was 4, why the gently caress can't I get into the alpha? :smith:

For some reason, I can picture a bunch of model boats in your home... am I right? If I am.. that's just awesome dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Soulfucker posted:

Do you have a replay of that?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1645948

its just sad. think i told the team at one point that they were not allowed to lose it