Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Justin returns from delivering a baby aboard the international space station and elopes with Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Pick posted:

I really want the final episode to be another time skip, and it's an hour long adventure where President Knope has to solve a murder on a train.

And Joe Biden is there because he just loves trains.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Biden is the conductor.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry
E: OK, I just posted something that posted on the previous page. Oops. I skipped over some stuff when people were bitching about the show and missed it. My bad.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tom acting as Andy's agent got Andy the intellectual rights to Johnny Karate so I guess he can start doing the show again in DC but I don't really think they'll show us that. I think this season actually has been pretty fun but instead of nitpicking that it takes a restaurant three years on average to start turning a profit, my question would be if we really needed to see two characters get married to people we don't really know

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
It's actually more realistic that these people would marry outside of The Crew, but I guess we have to be mad because it was shoehorned in?

Knowing where and how to be mad at a TV is hard, I'm just gonna laugh at this old fucker on a blimp.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fast Luck posted:

Tom acting as Andy's agent got Andy the intellectual rights to Johnny Karate so I guess he can start doing the show again in DC but I don't really think they'll show us that. I think this season actually has been pretty fun but instead of nitpicking that it takes a restaurant three years on average to start turning a profit, my question would be if we really needed to see two characters get married to people we don't really know

Lucy has been in and out for a while now. She first appeared in season 2, was in season 3, showed up at the massive party where it was shown they still cared for each other, and finally reconnect in season 7.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

smashpro1 posted:

And Joe Biden is there because he just loves trains.

Yesss, this would be the episode of my dreams.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jump cut to 20 years later, Leslie and Ben's triplets must fight each other to the death in the Gryzzldome because there is only enough food to sustain one of them.

Leslie and Ben cook up a plot to save them... and cook up a few Pawnee raiders in the process.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

grilldos posted:

It's actually more realistic that these people would marry outside of The Crew, but I guess we have to be mad because it was shoehorned in?

Knowing where and how to be mad at a TV is hard, I'm just gonna laugh at this old fucker on a blimp.

Nobody's mad, stop being childish. It's actually okay and allowed to think a TV show you like isn't perfect, and to discuss ways you wish it were better.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I prefer Tammy over Diane, so can Ron dump Xena and hook up with both Tammies in his next episode?

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I still can't loving believe they got Bill Murray.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Enderzero posted:

I still can't loving believe they got Bill Murray.

I was literally like, "aw they never got Bill Murray to play- :stare: holy poo poo"

edit: also loving RIP Harris Wittels what a loving bummer :(

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 21, 2015

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And it was the most Bill Murray thing he could do. A pre-recorded message, then a smiling corpse while an elderly woman talks about how they hosed every single day for decades.

Wittels really hurts, because I respect the poo poo out of anyone that tries that hard to fight addiction and can be that honest about it. And it's something that never goes away, there will always be relapses. He was awesome.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

codenameFANGIO posted:

I was literally like, "aw they never got Bill Murray to play- :stare: holy poo poo"

edit: also loving RIP Harris Wittels what a loving bummer :(

Same, I assumed it would leak if he was to be on the show and was minorly bummed about it earlier in the season. Great moment.

Harris Wittels dying the week before the finale is just a gutpunch. Sucks.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Nobody's mad, stop being childish. It's actually okay and allowed to think a TV show you like isn't perfect, and to discuss ways you wish it were better.

Man if you think I'm the one to tell to stop being childish, you're way behind on this comedy television show thread.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Enderzero posted:

I came in to say the same thing. It's gotta be an awful feeling for the entire cast and crew.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The title of the thread is also oddly appropriate.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Enderzero posted:

Same, I assumed it would leak if he was to be on the show and was minorly bummed about it earlier in the season. Great moment.

Hey, Goons were sick of all the happy endings, now they get what they wanted!

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Mike Schur realized the ending wasn't going to be dark enough. Since he figured it was too late to go back and re-tape the finale, he had Harris Wittels killed as an alternative.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Mike Schur realized the ending wasn't going to be dark enough. Since he figured it was too late to go back and re-tape the finale, he had Harris Wittels killed as an alternative.

The first ever method writer. God drat.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

TheAngryDrunk posted:

What convenient timing. Totally unrealistic. :goonsay:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Aziz Ansari posted this about Wittels today. It's a really funny but somber reflection on their relationship and it shows what a talented person he was :(

http://azizisbored.tumblr.com/post/111613105129

A Boring Story
Mar 27, 2008

We're not going to Catalina, are we?
Holy poo poo, that bagels joke is amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish I more familiar with this guy's work. That Olympic script sounded amazing. :(

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is it me or Aziz basically play himself on Parks and Rec? Does he call his girlfirend Boo in real life?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Reiche posted:

Aziz Ansari posted this about Wittels today. It's a really funny but somber reflection on their relationship and it shows what a talented person he was :(

http://azizisbored.tumblr.com/post/111613105129

:smith:

I'm reading this in Aziz's voice, and it's just so weird hearing him in a serious tone. It's pretty clear how close they were as friends, and how hilarious Wittels was. I'm sure most of the jokes I laughed hardest at in P&R were written by him. He really had a skill for writing unique jokes that not many people could think of, but most would find funny. It makes me sad to think of all the comedy there was in his head that won't ever be shared with the world.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

whatever7 posted:

Is it me or Aziz basically play himself on Parks and Rec? Does he call his girlfirend Boo in real life?

Have you seen his standup? It's basically the same except instead of fantasizing about hanging out with famous people he actually does get to hang out with them and tell ridiculous stories about it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Basically yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waCF81HdKAA

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Henchman of Santa posted:

Have you seen his standup? It's basically the same except instead of fantasizing about hanging out with famous people he actually does get to hang out with them and tell ridiculous stories about it.

Yeah, his standup made me question why some comics draw large crowd and some don't.

Also, his movie script stories amused me. He basically tries to make his version of the White Castle movie.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
There has been an odd dislocation in the tone of the show this season. It's a fanservice victory lap, and at times it comes across as a self-parody with the characters playing caricatures of themselves.

But you know what? It's still fun to watch, it's well-written, and a nice send-off for a gem of a show.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Everyone who hates this season just hates fun in general. Especially so if they hated the Johnny Karate episode.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aziz is pretty funny, although he suffers from doing that thing that a lot of comedians do where when they are interviewed, instead of just... doing an interview they just do their stand up routine.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Macaluso posted:

Aziz is pretty funny, although he suffers from doing that thing that a lot of comedians do where when they are interviewed, instead of just... doing an interview they just do their stand up routine.

Based on his Comedy Bang Bang appearances, he's more of a writer/standup/actor rather than an improv guy. I still find his delivery hilarious though

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Current Champion? That guy looks like he has four limbs! t:mad:>

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm gonna miss seeing new Bobby Newport scenes

e: also hippie Ron

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 22, 2015

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Macaluso posted:

I don't watch a lot of late night talk shows anymore but the first time I noticed this was with an interview with the guy who plays Kevin on The League. It was driving me mad.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
A comedian telling jokes on a talk show? Well, I never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
There's obviously a difference between joking around and doing your pre written material. If he wants to do his stand up routine then do a set before or after the interview. Comedians do proper stand up on talk shows all the time why do it from the chair and disguise it as honest conversation?

• Locked thread