Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave sounds so much more alive to have Bryan back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

MassRafTer posted:

On today's Big Audio Nightmare Mike explained why he's bad at recapping Raw: He hates watching 3 hours of the show and hates recapping it. He says he's fine doing NJPW, UFC, Boxing etc, but can't do Raw. It's a fair point because I've never been bothered by his recaps of other shows.

This was super obvious when I listened to Dave & Mike followed by this show, just the life Mike has is magical LOL
Their NJPW talk was real enjoyable and that whole end part with Nakamura rocking up on a horse with a cigar, dressed in red chaps and a red jacket, and Okada being a mirage in the desert and making it rain?? I've never wanted to see something in real life so bad.

I made the mistake of listening to the HBK/Austin podcast and Jericho's Dad podcast back to back as well, like stop it with all the emotion you're gonna make me cry at work dammit!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I just love the idea of RAW being so bad that recapping it fills people with dread at the #1 wrestling trade publication

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
apropos of nothing i love dave's abuse of asterisk footnotes in the latest newsletter

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Fat Lowtax posted:

I just love the idea of RAW being so bad that recapping it fills people with dread at the #1 wrestling trade publication

Well it lightened my life instantly when I stopped watching Raw and just did NXT and the PPVs. Hearing the Hulu 90min version is better I may try and watch that instead if I have to do Raw.
Funny how exciting and enjoyable wrestling becomes again when you cut out the poo poo eh?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know if this goes here or not but apparently Russo posted an article (in response to his allegations that Dave 'slandered' him) called DAVE MELTZER EMAILED ME and put it behind the paywall on his site. This is what you'd be paying for:

quote:

I woke up this morning and there was an e-mail from Dave Meltzer waiting for me. Good for him. Either he read my comments on the free site yesterday, or somebody smartened him up to it. I’m not going to get into exactly what Dave said in his e-mail yesterday, because I don’t want to disrespect him. The e-mail was meant to be private. However, I do want to say that Dave came across as respectful, as he went into detail telling me exactly what his “source” told him—which was just information that was false, untrue and inaccurate.

Look, I’m not going to harp on this situation. I publicly called Dave out yesterday because the false accusations didn’t only effect me, but they effected Lucha as well. I think it’s ridiculous that some of the top brass at LU had to actually sit there and waste even 5 seconds of their time disputing the lie that Meltzer put out.

But, here’s the thing tha really troubles me—David E-MAILED me after I called him out. Why didn’t Dave just E-MAIL me prior and ask me if what his sources were telling him were true? If they were, and I couldn’t, I would have just said “no comment”, however, since they weren’t—I would have just said “no”. That’s it, that’s all he had to do.

My critics can say whatever they want about the situation that went down when it was “exposed” I was consulting with TNA. What they never want to discuss, however, are the FACTS. For starters, while I was actually “consulting” for TNA, no one from the IWC contacted me and asked me if I was. There is one source that claims to have e-mailed me, however, they are the same source who I later personally e-mailed an apology to, who publicly said they never got it. In other words they were trying to make me look like a liar—only to say that two minutes later they found it in their “SPAM”. My point—e-mails do at times go into spam—if you really were trying to contact a person—-YOU WOULD CONTACT THEM. Not attempt a half-lame approach so you could say, “Well, I tried to e-mail them—but they never got back to me.” Recently I wanted to get Chyna’s comments as they pertained to what Triple H had to say about her induction into the WWE HOF. I literally had to track Joanie down IN JAPAN in order to get those comments. I went through the trouble of doing that, because I knew that Joanie’s words were important and—WOULD MATTER TO THE STORY.

Here’s the problem with the IWC. They don’t want to ask the person that they are defaming, because if the subject says that the story is FALSE—-then they have nothing to report on. That’s why they just go ahead and report on anything and everything without verifying the facts. The TRUTH gets in the way of their STORY. That’s why I would up cancelling my interview with one of the IWC sites after I left TNA three years ago. After I agreed to the interview, I told the “said” reporter that I was just interested in telling the truth. At what time the “said” reporter said, “Well, I heard this, that, and the other thing, and that’s what I’m going to question you on.” At what point I said, “I don’t care what you heard—I know the truth—but, if you already have your story in your mind, and your attempt is going to be to try to make me out to be a liar—then I have no interest in doing the interview. Go with what you have because it obviously doesn’t matter what I say.” That’s how it went down—why—because THE TRUTH would have gotten in the way of HIS STORY.

I have given the address of this website directly out to the IWP. I have publicly stated—if you have something to say—say it TO ME. There have been ZERO responses—up until this morning when I heard from Dave Meltzer. In his e-mail Dave said that going forward he would contact me before he ever wrote anything about me again. I have no reason not to believe he will, but, I’ll just wait and see.

But, either way, Dave, thanks for contacting me. There is no reason on earth why the both of us can’t work together professionally, even though personally our views may be different. I will never be a huge fan of Japanese wrestling and you will never be an advocate of “pole matches” . . . and, SO WHAT. That’s what makes us both unique and different.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave sounds so much more alive to have Bryan back.

Their conversation today about Vince's magazine cover is hilarious.

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 19, 2015

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

OctoberCountry posted:

They're conversation today about Vince's magazine cover is hilarious.

Nothing will top the Ricky Hatton bit

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know if this goes here or not but apparently Russo posted an article (in response to his allegations that Dave 'slandered' him) called DAVE MELTZER EMAILED ME and put it behind the paywall on his site. This is what you'd be paying for:

uhhhhh I'm pretty sure I tweeted him along with a bunch of other people wondering if he was working for Lucha Underground now.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Was listening to Bryan and Vinny post WM24 show, and within the first few minutes there was a Rovert callout haha

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

bryan used to call out crumbley and jubs for being the only tna defenders left!!!!!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Speaking of Bryan and Vinny, I wish there were more TNA Adrenaline Flushes. They've stopped at January 2011 for years it seems. :(

There's a late-2006 B&V I think it is, where Jubs calls in for an Impact review, and they go back and forth about a lot of stuff.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I heard Jubs and Nut bunnies in some shows I listened to on Youtube

I'd much rather hear you all's goober internet names than RYAN or ED let me tell you

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm with Russo, Dave needs to learn to appreciate the greatness of pole matches.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You'll hear my name in a couple too

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
"Why don't people ask me, Vince "Lies Whenever His Lips Are Moving" Russo, to confirm stories :confused:"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Such a huge wall of text that seems to really say nothing. That's Russo in a nutshell though I think.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Vince Russo is the last place I would go for honest news about vince russo

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Mob posted:

I heard Jubs and Nut bunnies in some shows I listened to on Youtube

If you listen to the B&V rewind you'll hear them mention my dear close personal longtime friend Strenuous Manflurry on a few occasions too.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Karmine posted:

If you listen to the B&V rewind you'll hear them mention my dear close personal longtime friend Strenuous Manflurry on a few occasions too.

as long as they never mention THAT MEATBALL KARMINE I'm on board

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

Bryan was a huge mark for me, it's true.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Buddy Landel is crazy

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan thinks his car remote costs $400. Also the Buddy Landel AOW was pretty drat great.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

Buddy Landel is crazy

He felt simultaneously crazy and totally truthful.

I want a DVD release titled NWA: America's Sodom and Gomorrah

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

njsykora posted:

Bryan thinks his car remote costs $400. Also the Buddy Landel AOW was pretty drat great.

I'm guessing it's $400 to have someone else install it for you.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh god, Brian Kendrick is going to be on After Dark tonight...

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
interview of the year

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

mariooncrack posted:

I'm guessing it's $400 to have someone else install it for you.

It's probably 400 for a dealer to do it while you can buy a fob off eBay for 20 bucks and get a locksmith to program it for you for 50. At least that's how it worked when the fob for our Buick broke.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

njsykora posted:

Oh god, Brian Kendrick is going to be on After Dark tonight...

What could top the sun is cold though?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

What could top the sun is cold though?

Expanding Earth theory?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The story that Mike Tyson was pissed that Floyd Mayweather beat Big Show at WrestleMania XXIV was pretty awesome on their Lapsed Fan segment for the recent Bryan & Dave show.

Of course, the guy from the Lapsed Fan then immediately misses the point and "jokes" about why Tyson never went in and did a job.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rodney the Piper posted:

the guy from the Lapsed Fan then immediately misses the point and "jokes"

NO!

Also, OSW Review starts their Wrestlemania X7 arc with Royal Rumble 2001:
https://vimeo.com/120105946

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 20, 2015

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Another $4 Observer special~!~!~!~!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Daniel Bryan posted:

If I wanted to sign up for a month and then cancel to avoid an automatic payment a month later, would hitting the Cancel button through Your Account --> Your Payment History immediately remove my subscription or would I still have the full month?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Fawf posted:

If I wanted to sign up for a month and then cancel to avoid an automatic payment a month later, would hitting the Cancel button through Your Account --> Your Payment History immediately remove my subscription or would I still have the full month?

You'd still have the whole month

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Daniel Bryan posted:

Beat me to it, but the special lasts through the 24th.

"Get 1 Month Of Access For $3.99~!
Sale runs from 2/20 - 2/24!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

NO!

Also, OSW Review starts their Wrestlemania X7 arc with Royal Rumble 2001:
https://vimeo.com/120105946

The intro for this is incredible.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Aces! Now Bryan can explain more about how his low churn rate is exactly the same as WWE network's churn rate!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Daniel Bryan posted:

I laughed a lot about how often Bryan said he didn't intend to do this again for a very long time, and then one day he said it on a show with Dave, and Dave says,"I was meaning to talk to you about that...." and now this happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Jerusalem posted:

I laughed a lot about how often Bryan said he didn't intend to do this again for a very long time, and then one day he said it on a show with Dave, and Dave says,"I was meaning to talk to you about that...." and now this happens.

Dave has kids to feed dammit.

• Locked thread