Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Haruharuharuko posted:

There is a special place in hell for the people that shut down Clover. Though we did get Platinum out of it sooooo.

Their debt is not repaid until I get God Hand 2: Spank Harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Their debt is not repaid until I get God Hand 2: Spank Harder.

God Hand was amazing for many reasons, not least of which that it was as close as we'll probably ever get to a Fist of the North Star game that doesn't suck. I have an insatiable urge to beat up post-apocalyptic mohawk bandits.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Everyone buy Kirby today!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Buy it for me and I'll play it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I love Kirby, but I'm not picking it up. I wish they would have done a larger version of Triple Deluxe on Wii U and did Rainbow curse on 3DS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monkey Fracas posted:

God Hand was amazing for many reasons, not least of which that it was as close as we'll probably ever get to a Fist of the North Star game that doesn't suck. I have an insatiable urge to beat up post-apocalyptic mohawk bandits.

Don't act like you don't like the Ball-Buster :colbert:

Ball-Bus-TAH!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So, despite the email Toys R Us sent about not having Kirby in stock two days before the release date, I got another email today saying it's ready for pickup. :shrug:
Rainbow trip report to follow sometime this afternoon / evening.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 20, 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Haruharuharuko posted:

There is a special place in hell for the people that shut down Clover. Though we did get Platinum out of it sooooo.

Of course they shut down Clover, like where do you even go after God Hand?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

You go Platinum.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

If the world is worthy of a Bayonetta 2, then I feel like we're worthy of a God Hand 2 as well. Maybe even some kind of God Hand vs. Bayonetta crossover.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raditts posted:

If the world is worthy of a Bayonetta 2, then I feel like we're worthy of a God Hand 2 as well. Maybe even some kind of God Hand vs. Bayonetta crossover.

I think you're missing a few characters in need of a sequel there. Put them all together for The Wonderful 103 :colbert:.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We need a new viewtiful james

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Oxxidation posted:

You go Platinum.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/7M8L42q.jpg][/timg]

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Okami chat: I absolutely adored the game all the way through: nice looking, interesting plot, satisfying to control and challenging but not difficult. But (story details) horrendously too much dialogue and no character was as interesting to follow after Susano's main stuff is done.

I haven't played it on the Wii, but you should play it any way you can. I think of it as a sprawling love letter to Zelda/one of the best Zelda games.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you should probably play the ps3 hd version. drawing with the control sticks isn't hard and it is very pretty

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
I've played up until the 2nd world boss in Rainbow Curse and I think it's fun. I like it a lot better than Epic Yarn. Also, it looks amazing and is really cute and the descriptions for the figurines you collect are the best.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Awesome! posted:

you should probably play the ps3 hd version. drawing with the control sticks isn't hard and it is very pretty

I found the Wii version to be really bad because they decided that you should have to shake the remote to attack and on a personal level my hands tend to be a bit unsteady so making the straight motion necessary for the most basic of celestial brush techniques was very hard for me to do.

PS3 version all the way, but if you have decently steady hands and no PS consoles then the Wii version should be okay. Waggle to attack does suck but the combat in the game isn't very difficult so it is a downside but not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I really wish I could get Okami HD on the Wii U. Drawing on the gamepad touchscreen would be just the best way to play the game. That said,

13/f/cali posted:

I found the Wii version to be really bad because they decided that you should have to shake the remote to attack and on a personal level my hands tend to be a bit unsteady so making the straight motion necessary for the most basic of celestial brush techniques was very hard for me to do.

PS3 version all the way, but if you have decently steady hands and no PS consoles then the Wii version should be okay. Waggle to attack does suck but the combat in the game isn't very difficult so it is a downside but not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Real men Power Slash everything and fling Cherry Bombs like there's no tomorrow! :colbert: Also if you use the Rosary weapons, attacking with the waggle controls is brain-dead easy. Might tire your arm out after awhile, though!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

clover studios was only shut down after most of the people working there left on their own as i recall

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Okami is one of the few non-Nintendo attempts to capture Zelda's spirit successfully. Its not perfect (The story is wordy and goes on way too long, with some rather brutal pacing issues), but the mood and atmosphere and fun twists on the formula really are worth your time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's worth buying on sale just to rejuvenate a couple trees even if you never touch it again after that

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Narcissus1916 posted:

Okami is one of the few non-Nintendo attempts to capture Zelda's spirit successfully. Its not perfect (The story is wordy and goes on way too long, with some rather brutal pacing issues), but the mood and atmosphere and fun twists on the formula really are worth your time.

Yeah it has some issues with pacing but it's a great way to scratch that Zelda gameplay itch if you like the way that series plays but are absolutely loving sick to death of Hyrule and Link and Zelda

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I heard that the Wii version had messed up loading screens and credits though.

Played it on PS2, fought Orochi once, stopped playing there. My brother and sister played through the entire thing, though, and they liked it a lot.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's weird how the game ends like three separate times, it feels almost like a trilogy of short games. It's not really a problem it's just strangely paced.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

everyone shut up for a minute and look at this:

Now go buy Kirby

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

kurona_bright posted:

I heard that the Wii version had messed up loading screens and credits though.

Played it on PS2, fought Orochi once, stopped playing there. My brother and sister played through the entire thing, though, and they liked it a lot.

Loading screens are shorter than on the PS2, but they don't have that little mini-game where you can win Demon Fangs.

But I repeat. Loading screens are shorter. And Demon Fangs are piss-easy to come by. And loading screens are shorter on the Wii version.

I'll grant you the credits. The Wii version doesn't have the original credits with all the hard-working Clover staff, and this is sad. :(

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Okami HD is the only Okami - it deserves to look that amazing.

Alright let's talk about Kirby now

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kirby loving owns!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

It's weird how the game ends like three separate times, it feels almost like a trilogy of short games. It's not really a problem it's just strangely paced.

Okami initially comes off as a typically paced Zelda knockoff - three dungeons, Macguffins, big scary monster at the end - and then turns out to actually span most major periods and events in Japanese mythology with a big ol' JRPG twist at the end, it's sort of a curveball.

At least the content stays varied throughout, I was still finding things for years after playing it (did you know there's a hidden free-for-all mission against all of those Dog Guardians in the last act? I didn't!).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I honestly love Okami's weird pacing. It's part of its charm for me.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Okami/Kirby crossover.

OKIRBI

But in all seriousness, Okami is the best 3-D Zelda game there's ever been. The combat is great, the dungeons are great, the game world is big and you get a real sense of exploration...usually.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

POST MORE KIRBY

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Now go buy Kirby

but... I'm wispy woods...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Whispy Woods amiibo wave 5

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Now go buy Kirby

Nah...

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

but... I'm wispy woods...

I feel like some apple pie!

Kirby looks good and all but I can't help but feel like its incredible charm would eventually fail to hold up the gameplay. I have no doubt it would be fun, but I wouldn't pay full price for a line drawing simulator, even if it is amusing and cute.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Suspicious Cook posted:

I feel like some apple pie!

Kirby looks good and all but I can't help but feel like its incredible charm would eventually fail to hold up the gameplay. I have no doubt it would be fun, but I wouldn't pay full price for a line drawing simulator, even if it is amusing and cute.

"Full price" is $40

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Best news I heard today was that at long last Paper Mario is dead as a franchise.

The new Nintendo RPG won't just feature Mario

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What RPG?

edit: just saw the user name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

where is this information about a new nintendo rpg