Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Help there's a bestiality apologist talking to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

SynthOrange posted:

You'll be the first against the wall, softskin

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Noh-Varr is half insect, so any pairing with him is bestiality.

Bestiality is with animals. With bugs it's insecest.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SynthOrange posted:

It's like bad weather, just lay back and enjoy the ride.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The version of Loki that appears in Young Avengers has no sexual history to be fair. I also don't recall Noh-var hooking up with any guys, can somebody confirm that one?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

They're both suggested in the pages before that Kate/Chavez exchange. Loki makes a pass at Prodigy trying to get a New Year's kiss and then Noh-Varr talks about being on an exploratory vessel when he was younger and how exploratory suggests multiple things.

edit:

Ror fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 20, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The version of Loki that appears in Young Avengers has no sexual history to be fair. I also don't recall Noh-var hooking up with any guys, can somebody confirm that one?

He's already old Loki squatting by then.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

He's already old Loki squatting by then.

It's not that simple.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He has his memories, it counts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Then why is there another Old Loki running around?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

The version of Loki that appeats in Young Avengers hits on Prodigy, and in Marvel Canon swaps gender, and in mythology turns into a mare, seduces a stallion owned by a troll and gives birth to an 8 legged horse. Modern conceptions of gay or straight don't apply that much when dealing with God's

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

The version of Loki that appeats in Young Avengers hits on Prodigy, and in Marvel Canon swaps gender, and in mythology turns into a mare, seduces a stallion owned by a troll and gives birth to an 8 legged horse. Modern conceptions of gay or straight don't apply that much when dealing with God's

I'd forgotten about the scene with Prodigy and that version of Loki had technically done none of those things yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Then why is there another Old Loki running around?

Time travel. Same Loki.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Aphrodite posted:

Time travel. Same Loki.

Time travel. Same Loki. Has the potential to be the same Loki.

One of the main threads of Loki:Agent of Adguard is him finding out if he is destined to become the older King Loki ot not.

Already King Loki's messing has changed the way Thor and Angela meet and made it so Odin tells young Loki that he is proud of him, which he never did for King Loki.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Are we arguing that he could choose to change his sexuality?

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

A buddy who is new to comics asked me about good/landmark LGBT focused or friendly books. That's a bit out of my knowledge base, so what should I recommend?

I'm late to this but I second the recommendations for Fun Home and Stuck Rubber Baby. Some less obvious recommendations (all on Amazon last time I checked):

No Straight Lines: An anthology of queer comics that collects a load of material from the 60's-Present. Excellent introduction for anyone looking to get into queer comics as it covers numerous artists and styles.

Max and Sven by Tom Bouden: A personal favourite, this is a fun coming out story about a young boy's first school crush. Short, sweet and charming. Art is often compared to Tintin.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you like bitter sweet romance, Tim Fish ingeneral and his Cavalcade of Boys series in particular (3 volumes or one omnibus) is a good read. Note that while the series has finished, Fish has revisited some of the characters in his later graphic novels.

Nyeehg fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 20, 2015

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

HitTheTargets posted:

I thought the argument was being made that he was omni-sexual? He ticks all the boxes: Man, Woman and Other. It's not that he changes preference, but that he has no preference.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CzarChasm posted:

I thought the argument was being made that he was omni-sexual? He ticks all the boxes: Man, Woman and Other. It's not that he changes preference, but that he has no preference.

Just like David Bowie

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'd forgotten about the scene with Prodigy and that version of Loki had technically done none of those things yet.

Just because someone hasn't had sex, doesn't mean they are straight.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Check your Midgardian privilege.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

HitTheTargets posted:

Loki is some bizarro mythological flavor of transgender and bi. Odin's referred to him multiple times in Agent of Asgard as "my child who is both son and daughter", he can switch genders on a whim and says they're both equally true.

(Loki: Agent of Asgard #2)

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

The appearances in the Badger comic are pretty interesting because there are two Belushi-related stories, two issues apart, and they have completely different tones.

The first issue is about the Badger teaming up with Elvis and Bruce Lee to take on Colonel Sanders and Belushi's samurai persona. It's completely silly and the ending is the hardest I've laughed at a comic in a long, long time.

Two issues later, there's a story where the Badger is hired as a trainer/babysitter (keep an eye on him to make sure he stays clean) for a Belushi stand-in. This comic came out in 1991 and fittingly enough, the character's name is Farley Blutarsky. I guess the writer saw the writing on the wall for the new guy on SNL before most everyone else. As you can guess, this story is played completely serious.

Interesting little tidbit is that The Badger and Chris Farley both come from Madison, WI.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Have Deadpool and Rocket Raccoon ever shared a scene?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I don't think so yet but Deadpool is due to appear in the Guardian's team up book at some point.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Loki is some bizarro mythological flavor of transgender and bi. Odin's referred to him multiple times in Agent of Asgard as "my child who is both son and daughter", he can switch genders on a whim and says they're both equally true.

(Loki: Agent of Asgard #2)

I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. I thought it was fairly well-known that Mystique was supposed to be Nightcrawler's father via morphing into a male form and conceiving with Destiny, and if she can do that with comparatively simple mutant powers then it should be trivial for a god-level shapeshifter to change genders on the fly.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

McSpanky posted:

I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. I thought it was fairly well-known that Mystique was supposed to be Nightcrawler's father via morphing into a male form and conceiving with Destiny, and if she can do that with comparatively simple mutant powers then it should be trivial for a god-level shapeshifter to change genders on the fly.

Up until quite recently (like since Faction's run) fans didn't really see Thor or Loki as a God's. They were just super powered aliens and techno vikings. And people downplayed their magic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Super powerful aliens, gods, shapeshifting stiill seems pretty trivial regardless of what you call them.

McSpanky posted:

I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand.

Amazingly, people still can't wrap their head around non binary genders. It's ridiculous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

Up until quite recently (like since Faction's run) fans didn't really see Thor or Loki as a God's. They were just super powered aliens and techno vikings. And people downplayed their magic.

Williamson's run had Thor responding to the prayers of the last viking of some isolated tribe.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aaron's run has Thor responding to prayers as well, so he's pushing the actual Gods angle too

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dacap posted:

Aaron's run has Thor responding to prayers as well, so he's pushing the actual Gods angle too

Not to mention bad guy of the first two trades was called "the Godbutcher", and killed entire pantheons of other gods.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Yeah, the whole "are Asgardians Gods?" question is one that Marvel has singularly failed to give a definitive answer to; there are stories that unequivocally say "they're Gods," there are others that clearly say "no, they're aliens," and there's no real need for Marvel to put their foot down one way or the other.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

McSpanky posted:

I watch this thread out of curiosity, not because I am informed enough on comics to have anything to offer, so forgive my ignorance if you are joking.

I thought Azazel, the guy who was in the X-Men First Class movie, was Nightcrawlers dad? Is that a different continuity or something? Does he even exist anymore?

Sir DonkeyPunch fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 21, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I watch this thread out of curiosity, not because I am informed enough on comics to have anything to offer, so forgive my ignorance if you are joking.

I thought Azazel, the guy who was in the X-Men First Class movie, was Nightcrawlers dad? Is that a different continuity or something? Does he even exist anymore?

In continuity I think he's the dad and Mystique is the mom. Mystique being the dad and Destiny being the mom was an idea that was shot down for being too loving weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Si Spurrier is in the latest Rachel and Miles podcast and he mentions his editors shooting down his ideas on occasion as "too Claremontian." That is an idea that is way too Claremontian.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Seriously? It's not that weird.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Si Spurrier is in the latest Rachel and Miles podcast and he mentions his editors shooting down his ideas on occasion as "too Claremontian." That is an idea that is way too Claremontian.

I get why editorial didn't go for it, but it would have been loving awesome if they had.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

WickedHate posted:

Seriously? It's not that weird.

It's an idea that would probably fly fine now; some folks would be weirded out but it'd be no big deal. In 1981, when Claremont dropped the first hint in that direction in Days of Future Past? It would have been much, much more transgressive.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was responding more to the reactions now here in the thread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

WickedHate posted:

I was responding more to the reactions now here in the thread.

No one reacted badly, one person was confused about continuity, which is super understandable when people are talking about the X-Men and who is whose dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's still a little weird to imagine someone shapeshifting a dick out of nowhere just to experiment in the bedroom.