Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its loving lawless south of the border

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Shmoses posted:

I could buy that he tripped over his feet but it clearly wasn't Finkler that brought him down

Are you blind or just outright stupid?

https://gfycat.com/SharpSandyBactrian

There's clear contact vis-a-vis contact with Finkler brought him down. Now Finkler obviously didn't know anything about it nor could have avoided it and it shouldn't have been a penalty but the contact caused it.

Happens many times a game all over the pitch and plenty of times a season for penalties, nothing would have been made of it if Bozza didn't carry on like an idiot.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Byolante posted:

Its loving lawless south of the border

We are Brisbane, no one hates us, no one hates us, we really care

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adnar posted:

We are Brisbane, no one hates us, no one hates us, we really care

Ask Perth fans how they feel about that grand final. Also, we could probably have better rivalries if we were having race riots and hiding war criminals like our 'betters' down south.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Duff's season is over and it's a potentially career-ending injury.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

There's clear contact vis-a-vis contact with Finkler brought him down. Now Finkler obviously didn't know anything about it nor could have avoided it and it shouldn't have been a penalty but the contact caused it.

Happens many times a game all over the pitch and plenty of times a season for penalties, nothing would have been made of it if Bozza didn't carry on like an idiot.

Adnar posted:

I can't make out any conact there and even if there is some slight contact he still didn't bring Ryall down

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Ryall kicks the back of his calf (clash of legs really), go and do that as you're running and see if you fall down.

From what I heard Berisha is almost certain to cop a few weeks :fap:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, watching all the footage it's pretty obvious that:

a) there's contact that led to him falling down
and
b) it's an accident and should never have been a penalty.

I'm a Sydney fan and I can hold both these opinions at the same time; I'm not sure why there's so many hysterics about it in my circles of friends.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

iajanus posted:

Yeah, watching all the footage it's pretty obvious that:

a) there's contact that led to him falling down
and
b) it's an accident and should never have been a penalty.

I'm a Sydney fan and I can hold both these opinions at the same time; I'm not sure why there's so many hysterics about it in my circles of friends.

I'm going to assume you are talking about us :3

I've calmed down a bit since calling for the heads of everyone north of the Murray, especially after listening to the fox sports podcast about it and seeing some of the articles online. Apparently Seb has and will be disciplined internally, which I suppose is the least bloodthirsty response and probably the best really. We don't need to get into hysterics about this.

I'm still annoyed that the penalty appeared to be a square up for an earlier missed opportunity, or the likelihood that Stebre actually didn't see anything and instead assumed that Finkler must have fouled Seb - both of these things are a far worse blight on the game compared to simulation. Professional referees is not a solution given that we see the same thing in every league and code around the world - what we need are resilient referees who are trained to officiate based upon what they can see (or what their assistants see) and not the sort of referees who get sucked into keeping a ledger. Maybe professionalism would help so far as evening the field between professional players and amateur referees, but we need to support the refs we have to attract better ones.

I'm by no means suggesting that is an easy ask - I don't even like running the lines anymore in my sunday league because I know I'll gently caress it up and then immediately start looking for opportunities to make up for it. It's a human thing.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

the internal discipline was about the wind up pat on the head

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Adnar posted:

the internal discipline was about the wind up pat on the head

THEN THE UNIVERSE SHALL KNOW MY FURY AND BLOOD WILL FLOW FROM THE WOMB OF THE WORLD

It's over now, time to focus on the northern barbarians who have been getting uppity and winning games again

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Um, well this is awkward but apparently my promise of rage has ultimately cauaed the situation in Queensland to worsen and tonights march has been called off due to the cyclone warning.

Stay safe Byolante, Iajanus, and all the rest of you Australias-hat-dwelling inbreds.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

Um, well this is awkward but apparently my promise of rage has ultimately cauaed the situation in Queensland to worsen and tonights march has been called off due to the cyclone warning.

Stay safe Byolante, Iajanus, and all the rest of you Australias-hat-dwelling inbreds.

There is just a lot of rain in brisbane, no storms or wind. They are probably spooked about another flash flood after the one in november. Kinda pissed off though, this was the first home game I was going to make it to this year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

This is just rolling into the perfect poo poo weekend all around with the storms compounding the fact my place of work is going out of business and I'm losing my car (from them) so I'll be swimming any time I need to get anywhere for a while. At least I have my personal small business starting to get a couple of jobs and interviews next week lined up (end e/n, now get back to being upset the game got cancelled and having TV options curtailed).

:suicide:

In better news, hopefully Sydney can build from their success at the judiciary and won a game for once.

Stay safe, everyone.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
This weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is on early this week with Central Coast Mariners taking on Sydney FC starting at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst tonight.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

This weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is on early this week with Central Coast Mariners taking on Sydney FC starting at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst tonight.

If there isn't three goals to Sydney by half time I'm reporting it for match fixing. It'll be a slaughter.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

If there isn't three goals to Sydney by half time I'm reporting it for match fixing. It'll be a slaughter.

I'm hoping for a mysterious resurgence with zero defense on either side, final score 11-10 Mariners, triple hatrick to josh rose after last week

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
It's weird seeing the rest of Australia warm and sunny

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Sydney go 1 up thanks to Janko. Cernak blew a 1 v 1 with the keeper earlier

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Get the gently caress in, proper header that

... But at the same time I'm not liking that they've almost scored twice, thank christ for Janjetovic

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Arquebus posted:

Get the gently caress in, proper header that

... But at the same time I'm not liking that they've almost scored twice, thank christ for Janjetovic

Bbbbbut he's not marquee quality a bloo bloo - Fox Sports Podcast

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Janko also beat like 4 mariners to get that ball too, double the mans wages

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
lmao do they really say that

I remember a bit of Les Murray's book that said something like 'some people haven't been using those marquee slots to buy famous guys' or some out-of-character poo poo like that I didn't expect from him, jesus christ he's the captain (I think?) of Austria and if he can put the ball in the net he's worthy of the slot

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Yeah he's the current national captain, recently turned down a friendly with the Austrian national side against Brazil so he wouldn't miss any games for Sydney. Could you imagine the poo poo an Australian player would cop if he'd turned down a Socceroo friendly to play with like Gencergebleci or something?

If anything I'd hope people were happy we're trying to move away from flashy marquees and putting greater emphasis on finding more Berishas, Broichs, Ono's and what have you.

Also loving hell Mariners just shoot the loving ball when you get into a good spot, nobody gonna be mad you didn't make a perfect cross box pass on the 6-yard line

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
How many loving times are they going to get past our back four with a forward pass and a quick lad making a run, it keeps goddamn happening

Ibini seems injured, like even he's impressed by all the pace and lack of end product the mariners have shown, that's normally his job

But yeah I shamefully only really started paying enough attention to the A-League once it became free-to-air on SBS and only after that started streaming everything under the sun, but it really does seem like the move towards players who actually give a poo poo and didn't just play at a World Cup eight years ago has really helped the league grow. It's not the names we draw that matter, it's the quality of their performances - it isn't like the ISL is suddenly world-renowned because it had a 40-year old Freddie Ljungberg ffs

Either way, Janko is proper quality, actually knows where the net is and how to find it, and he's only like 31, great signing

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Great goal by Ferreira

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
When did the Mariners rediscover their desire to fight and win attack and get a result, I'm not a fan of this

Arquebus fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 21, 2015

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Arquebus posted:

How many loving times are they going to get past our back four with a forward pass and a quick lad making a run, it keeps goddamn happening

Ibini seems injured, like even he's impressed by all the pace and lack of end product the mariners have shown, that's normally his job

But yeah I shamefully only really started paying enough attention to the A-League once it became free-to-air on SBS and only after that started streaming everything under the sun, but it really does seem like the move towards players who actually give a poo poo and didn't just play at a World Cup eight years ago has really helped the league grow. It's not the names we draw that matter, it's the quality of their performances - it isn't like the ISL is suddenly world-renowned because it had a 40-year old Freddie Ljungberg ffs

Either way, Janko is proper quality, actually knows where the net is and how to find it, and he's only like 31, great signing

Yeah its a bit like Sydney are a bit complacent today - Ibini at least seems to be taking half a second longer than necessary to just enjoy being on the ball without doing anything useful.

The problem with a big name flashy marquee is they'll eventually either move on or wear out their welcome in a Dark Knight Risees type scenario - it would honestly break my heart to see Tim Cahill come back to play for Wollongong or whatever for the next 5 years and just slowly slipping in stature on the national broadcaster, like Kewell and Colina and Neill and so on forever. Even ADP stayed on arguably a year longer than was wise - and this is coming from a Victory fan who watched him singlehandedly destroy us on Australia day last year

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Arquebus posted:

When did the Mariners rediscover their desire to fight and win, I'm not a fan of this

This phrase has forever been ruined for me by the video of the Seattle Sounders fake English guy

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
That sounds awful, I'm sorry

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
God drat I just can't hate the Mariners, PARK THAT FUCKEN BOSS YOU YELLOW FUCKS I WANT POINTS

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Arquebus posted:

That sounds awful, I'm sorry

GAZE UPON THE ABYSS AND DESPAIR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Jesus loving christ, I'm going back and editing my post.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
HOLY poo poo

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress me, what a strike

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
RIP Mariners, you were too beautiful for this world

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Also jesus christ, Rhyan Grant's voice sounds like it's on fast forward.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's a cracking game down in Adelaide at 1-1. Although United are continuing their trend of allowing struggling teams to get up :(

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CIRIO THAT WAS A SITTER YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GET ON THE END OF A CROSS YOU USELESS ARSEHOLES

• Locked thread