Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This system is full of surprises. Today it refuses to connect to my router to get on Live. I guess not turning it on for a week can cause that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Spacebump posted:

This system is full of surprises. Today it refuses to connect to my router to get on Live. I guess not turning it on for a week can cause that.

Just imagine, if MS had gotten their way you wouldn't even be able to play any games at all on it right now.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I still unironically like the Xbone.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anidav posted:

i like your av

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Anidav posted:

Xbox One rhymes with fun

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Anidav posted:

:agreed:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No I'm pretty sure there's no way you can call yourself unironic at this point.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thank you mods.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I do like how the sadbrains still can't keep away from this thread even when it's quiet. It is a shame about the order, still waiting on a game genre where the PS4 has a better game, it'll happen any day now!

Anidav posted:

Same

Screenshots are incoming next month!

http://majornelson.com/2015/02/18/xbox-one-march-preview-update-screenshots-suggested-friends-now-available-preview/

Halo MCC is also on sale for $40, that is just $10 per award winning campaign in glorious 60fps, definite recommendation!

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 21, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

$13 each award winner, plus Halo 4.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VincesUndies posted:

Xbox One rhymes with fun

and that's as close as it gets

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

and that's as close as it gets

drat! I thought this console war was cooling down but it's heating back up!!!!!!!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hanyolo posted:

Halo MCC is also on sale for $40, that is just $10 per award winning campaign in glorious 60fps, definite recommendation!
You should add your recommendation to the pile in the halo:mcc thread.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Is the order 1776 as bad as anything on the Xbox one? Or much worse?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Duggler posted:

Is the order 1776 as bad as the Xbox one?

No, because at least it's over quickly

Your stealth edit hosed up my post I hope you're happy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Is the order 1776 as bad as anything on the Xbox one? Or much worse?

LOCOCYCLE

But uh in terms of comparable priced games Ryse except that has nearly twice the gameplay some loving how. Bloodbourne should be good and if its not somebody at Sony should figure out how to exorcise whatever demon haunts the office making them pay for David Cage projects.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ryse has the same 5 minutes of gameplay copy and pasted repeatedly.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

No, because at least it's over quickly

Your stealth edit hosed up my post I hope you're happy

Yeah my bad, I realized that it didn't come out nearly the same way as I intended. I think I had a stroke while typing

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So I found a minor aggravation here with downloading stuff from the store. It seems that it has to queue up an entire bundle before it starts to download anything. Is there a way to change that, the DoA bundle is 200+ items and it seems that XBL is taking it's sweet time about it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

LOCOCYCLE

But uh in terms of comparable priced games Ryse except that has nearly twice the gameplay some loving how. Bloodbourne should be good and if its not somebody at Sony should figure out how to exorcise whatever demon haunts the office making them pay for David Cage projects.

There's a full priced game that is even shorter than Ryse?

Also: When the gently caress is that going to be on Games With Gold instead of whatever bullshit 8-bit indie game?

EDIT: Has there been any news on when Cuphead is coming out?

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Like that other guy said I'm surprised some of you are surprised to see a Sony exclusive flop. Just from the top of my head re: PS3;

- Twisted Metal
- Starhawk
- Puppeteer
- The Eye of Judgment
- Dust 514
- God of War: Ascension
- Lair
- Heavy Rain
- LittleBigPlanet Karting
- ModNation Racers

And tons more. I basically keep my PS4 around to play multiplats I would if I had built a PC but I'm too loving lazy and Wii U for Nintendo rehashes that are still fun somehow.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Aphrodite posted:

Ryse has the same 5 minutes of gameplay copy and pasted repeatedly.

yeah, but it was a launch title...the Order being complete garbage this long after launch is embarrassing

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Yeah usually after the first year no more bad games come out for a console anymore.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sba posted:

yeah, but it was a launch title...the Order being complete garbage this long after launch is embarrassing

Somehow Ryse also actually looked better too.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I spent last night watching someone play the entirety of the order on twitch while on my bone. Gaming in 2015 rocks.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Herr Direktor posted:

Yeah usually after the first year no more bad games come out for a console anymore.

Rambo: the Video Game came out on 360 and PS3 in 2014

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Edmund Honda posted:

Rambo: the Video Game came out on 360 and PS3 in 2014

Errrrrr........sure.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Herr Direktor posted:

This is mostly true for the 3DS and Wii U so agreed

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

shaitan posted:

I spent last night watching someone play the entirety of the order on twitch while on my bone. Gaming in 2015 rocks.

I keep reading your name as "shitstain" hope that's ok

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

shaitan posted:

that sounds really awful

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Haquer posted:

I keep reading your name as "shitstain" hope that's ok

It's ok.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

ethanol posted:

that sounds really awful

It really could have been worse though. I could have been the guy who thought he was cool because he was "taking one for the team"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ethanol posted:

that sounds really awful

At least he didn't have to actually play it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iavgoJURKYI

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Uncharted 4 will come out this fall and be fine

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The WiiU truly is a 'dime piece woman' and virtualBOYCOLOR is far more persuasive when his voice can ring out. But we need to chip in to get him a tripod.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Hell yeah

TheScott2K posted:

Uncharted 4 will come out this fall and be fine

Uncharted is literally garbage because naughty dog can't make good games since the PS1 era and the new Tomb Raider was the final nail. X1 owners actually have a quality timed exclusive coming up.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Uncharted is literally garbage because naughty dog can't make good games since the PS1 era and the new Tomb Raider was the final nail. X1 owners actually have a quality timed exclusive coming up.

I got an XBox One thinking "well the PS4's exclusives will be better but I like racing games and media bullshit and it's $50 cheaper" and then it turned out Sunset Overdrive was really fun and we're getting the new Tomb Raider first so poo poo, it's kinda working out.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

X1 is legitimately better than the PS4 in terms of games at the moment.

However the Wii U is still the greatest gaming console with the best exclusives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

However the Wii U is still the greatest gaming console with the best exclusives.

Gonna do the same thing I do with every Nintendo console and buy one for $50 years after it matters.

• Locked thread