Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Nice! posted:

Since my wreck I've been struggling with some things. My body is pretty much ok, but I feel like there's a constant fog in my head. I've had basically a constant headache, I get dizzy frequently, I'm extremely lethargic, and I'm having trouble with short term memory things. Like taking notes in class is an exercise in frustration. I'm making noticeably more errors in writing and I have trouble remembering much past the sentence I'm currently writing, which is abnormal.

I figure this is all indication that I have a concussion of some sort. Going to the VA clinic on monday.

gently caress that go to the ER today and get that poo poo claimed and make $$$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah that's no good how long ago?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ded posted:

gently caress that go to the ER today and get that poo poo claimed and make $$$.

I went to the ER once right after the wreck and already documented that my head hurt along with the rest of everything. They sent me home and told me to follow up with my PCM. Also I have 14 days after the wreck for anything medical related, so there isn't a rush along with it.

Plus Florida is no fault for the first 10k of medical bills so it's a claim against my own insurance unless it goes more than that, which I'm almost certain it won't. As much as I'd love to get more, I'm probably just getting 6-7k for my truck and not much else. I'm going to talk to some lawyer friends and see what they say.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah that's no good how long ago?

This happened tuesday.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

The Rat posted:

Considering that I'm in much better shape now than when I was still in, quite enthusiastic. :smuggo:

Truly the best revenge against the military

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

This happened tuesday.

Just a very blunt question, are you taking any types of medications that may alter your memory? Narcotics of any sort will cause a sort of "fog" or haze, limit memory and such. Psych meds can do the same thing. PM me if you feel the need, wouldn't mind looking over to see if maybe it's a med related issue. Not that it isn't a trauma related sort of thing, but it's nice to rule out some of the shrouded obvious cases.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
No meds. I was given some narcotics at the ER, but I've only been using them sparingly when I actually need. It's all directly attributable to the wreck. One of my lawyer friends set me up with a personal injury guy she's friends with so I'll find out more once we consult.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah dude, that's a solid concussion.

Seeing as how you haven't collapsed and or died you're probably not leaking into your skull, you need to rest. For reals, no video games, no reading, just rest. You know, as much as possible anyway.

And definitely follow up as soon as possible.

poo poo ain't no joke, you don't want to be like that for the rest of your life (like me).

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Better call saul!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Better call saul!

Slippin' Jimmy is more likely to represent the lady who hit him.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
meowlins please get a thing like this then post pics of you wearing it tia

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

meowlins please get a thing like this then post pics of you wearing it tia

I see you found the extra "special" ALICE pack I'm taking on the trail, aesthetics be damned, even a paraplegic slams whale tails like Marley smoked trees with that bling.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I would gently caress that hand pussy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Master Bateman posted:

I would gently caress that hand pussy.

Tight as a drum, sir.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Tight as a drum, sir.

yooooo

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I really want a Fiesta ST, but the gi bill BAH isn't enough income alone. I guess I have to get off my rear end and actually have a job for the first time since 2012. Thanks obama :v:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gross

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Also we don't even have a state minimum wage in Louisiana which is like "we wish we could pay you even less but BIG GUBMENT interfering with muh states rights :bahgawd:"
I think an optimistic estimate is that I could afford one a year from now if I can get full time work during the summer months and part time alongside classes for the next year, and then trade in both my current vehicles to help pay towards it. :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the fiesta st is pretty rad

if i were shorter i would be all about it. i can barely fit my 6'5" self into my wife's fiesta though

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Also we don't even have a state minimum wage in Louisiana which is like "we wish we could pay you even less but BIG GUBMENT interfering with muh states rights :bahgawd:"
I think an optimistic estimate is that I could afford one a year from now if I can get full time work during the summer months and part time alongside classes for the next year, and then trade in both my current vehicles to help pay towards it. :smith:

Jindal just cut about $130 million from public education, too.

edit: can't find the article I saw it from or else I'd link it.

bloops fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 21, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I really want a Fiesta ST, but the gi bill BAH isn't enough income alone. I guess I have to get off my rear end and actually have a job for the first time since 2012. Thanks obama :v:

Those and the Focus ST are supposed to be super fun.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Focus ST is pretty sweet. Ford is killing it. The new GT is excellent and not using a V8 pissed off so many people because, you know, tradition.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ford is dumb. Buy a Subaru. :colbert:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

:chloe:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Spicy Guacamole posted:

That costs more though. I was considering the FR-S/BRZ before but they cost a decent chunk more than a FiST and have very little utility. A fiesta with the nice leather seats and all that is $23k.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The Fiesta is just as tiny as a BRZ, with only a little more room in the back. You can't fit poo poo in it. If you want a car that is both sporty and has real utility, a WRX is a very good option. Yes, it costs more than a Fiesta. You get what you pay for.

I have used both. Guess which one I own.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 21, 2015

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Spicy Guacamole posted:

The Fiesta is just as tiny as a BRZ, with only a little more room in the back. You can't fit poo poo in it. If you want a car that is both sporty and has real utility, a WRX is a very good option. Yes, it costs more than a Fiesta. You get what you pay for.

I have used both. Guess which one I own.

I already wasn't going to get a BRZ because of the price, I'm definitely not going to pay even more for a wrx.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

They cost the same, but okay. v:)v

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I meant the higher wrx trims. But anyways I'm after fiesta because it's the cheapest, and I can only afford a cheap sporty-ish hatchback for poors.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you don't have a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti or Jag chances are you're a poor or just moneyed trash :smug:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

In the past few weeks I have probably put 1k miles on the company car. Never thought I would say this, but Prius' loving own. They actually have balls too which surprised me.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Master Bateman posted:

They actually have balls too which surprised me.

Only the ones that used to belong to the driver.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Cole posted:

Only the ones that used to belong to the driver.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Master Bateman posted:

They actually have balls too which surprised me.

Said no one seriously ever. Don't let that instant on torque fool you: most things on the road have more.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Maybe I'm just a way more aggressive driver than EVERYONE else on the road. That little prius passes everyone and accelerates fast as hell.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Saw a subraru at panera bread the other day had a sticker said "despite owning a Subaru I am NOT a liberal"

:ironicat:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
were currently getting bent over by a buck nasty snowstorm here in denver; white out conditions and icy roads. so of course everyone and their grams decided to go out cruisin while im trying to get home from work

so there i was, chillin at a red arrow waiting patiently, literally 200 yards from home, when some mexican girl decided to lock her brakes up and glide into the rear bumper of my g35 with her beat up piece of poo poo maxima

hell is other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

were currently getting bent over by a buck nasty snowstorm here in denver; white out conditions and icy roads. so of course everyone and their grams decided to go out cruisin while im trying to get home from work

so there i was, chillin at a red arrow waiting patiently, literally 200 yards from home, when some mexican girl decided to lock her brakes up and glide into the rear bumper of my g35 with her beat up piece of poo poo maxima

hell is other people

Yeah, so many people in Denver have no loving clue how to drive in some snow.

• Locked thread