Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

Looks great. Is that an actual area in the game?

I think it's just a test area.

Either that or it's somewhere outside of the standard map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Seashell Salesman posted:

Looks great. Is that an actual area in the game?

nah, it's just a quickie cell i made to take some screenshots with a fuckton of grass on a level plane since there's nothing really like that anywhere in the actual game
the effect is actually even more notable in-game specifically because of how sparse grass normally is- you get like small fields of stuff rather than tiny weird patches or one lil piece

it's really prominent in the north vegas area and the road up from novac to vegas

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 19, 2015

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
North Vegas in general is a bummer. NVB II and The Inheritance are a good start towards adding content to the areas outside New Vegas proper.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
can someone explain how LOD generation works for this game.

As in, I want to take my load order and generate LOD objects for everything, kind of like how the Oblivion tool works (TESLODGEN or whatever)

Is that even a thing?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Gyshall posted:

can someone explain how LOD generation works for this game.

As in, I want to take my load order and generate LOD objects for everything, kind of like how the Oblivion tool works (TESLODGEN or whatever)

Is that even a thing?

If you really want to do it, you will need this http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36693. It also includes a guide on how to generate LOD.
Some notes on it having done it before. For LOD to be generated for an object the object needs to be marked that it has LOD. The Tree LOD produced by the geck does not match what the FN engine expects and is buggy. It is a tedious process and is not very easy and there is no external tool for creating LOD as far as I know

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

keyboard vomit posted:

I seem to be running into issues with WMX, I have it installed along with everything for EVE and the updated texture pack, but I dont get any of the actual mods. I get the notes added about all of them, but no options when I look at the mod menu.

When people ask me this I tell them to check out the FAQ, and it's for this:

quote:

Q) I've got a weapon mod for this weapon but it's not giving me the option to apply it. What's going on?
A) It's most likely a conflict with another mod that also edits vanilla weapons. If you have this mod loading after WMX in your load order, it will override WMX's changes. Try loading WMX near (or at) the bottom of your load order, as noted in the installation instructions above. If you want to find out exactly which mods are conflicting, you can open your entire load order in FNVEdit, and look at the weapon records you're having problems with. (Very basic knowledge of FNVEdit required, obviously.)

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I finally uninstalled FCO. The screenshots really are a lie, and after all the trouble with it and rather strange decisions the author made redesigning character faces I just went back to the old faces. Boone in particular looks terrible in FCO, he's supposed to be 27 but he looks around 50 with facial palsy.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah FCO is absolute poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I used FCO specifically for my own character's face only, then I installed the ESP that removed the NPC edits. So a decent face for my character and none of the poo poo for the others.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

*sighs and reinstalls New Vegas to play obsessively for the 15th time*

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Someone suggested switching to Hall of Face instead of FCO not long ago. We're very happy together.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 21, 2015

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I finally finished the two guns I made awhile back. someone was asking about them so I decided to make a sound and some banner images and viola!

B!G Iron and X5500

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Has anyone had issues with the Honest Hearts intro being stuck on the first slide (black screen with "Fallout New Vegas")?

E: Further investigation reveals that it is probably caused by URWL TTW. I'm kind of leery about switching weather mods because last time I tried that I used Nevada Skies TTW and it was impossible to fully turn off radstorms. I am not going to deal with +13 rad/sec rain, gently caress that poo poo.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 21, 2015

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Colon Semicolon posted:

I finally finished the two guns I made awhile back. someone was asking about them so I decided to make a sound and some banner images and viola!

B!G Iron and X5500

Oh sweet, I think I vaguely remember you asking for name suggestions for the B!G iron, I wondered what happened to it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Davoren posted:

Someone suggested switching to Hall of Face instead of FCO not long ago. We're very happy together.

Not bad. Where's the Sunset Sasparilla clothing from?

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Any tips on getting MCM to run properly? I am just getting back into NV and NV modding and so got FOMM and LOOT going. Installed a few mods which were fine, but then tried to get MCM and Weapon Mod Menu working with nothing as a result. MCM is installed (so is WMM) but there is no MCM setting in Escape/Pause and X is not doing anything in PIP Boy.

I am running FOMM 14-11-9, latest stable version of LOOT, latest versions of MCM and WMM.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

oblomov posted:

Any tips on getting MCM to run properly? I am just getting back into NV and NV modding and so got FOMM and LOOT going. Installed a few mods which were fine, but then tried to get MCM and Weapon Mod Menu working with nothing as a result. MCM is installed (so is WMM) but there is no MCM setting in Escape/Pause and X is not doing anything in PIP Boy.

I am running FOMM 14-11-9, latest stable version of LOOT, latest versions of MCM and WMM.

Do you have NVSE installed? I'm pretty sure mcm requires it.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Not bad. Where's the Sunset Sasparilla clothing from?

It's Drags Casual Courier. Comes in a few different flavours, the backpack gives a survival bonus and added carry weight, and those sunglasses hanging from the collar disappear when any eyewear is equipped, not just the glasses that come with it. The platinum chip necklace comes with Drags, I think the dynamite bandolier is from Satchels.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 21, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have any recommendations for making Hardcore mode more difficult without doing things like making me need to eat 8x as often?

Basically looking for more difficult and common combat, and better AI aim.

Here's my load order:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Another-Kick-in-the-Head.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
FCOMaster.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
Purposeful Walking.esp
DLC WITM - Complete.esp
jsawyer.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
ArenaSilencer.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
SecretStash80.esp
Wild Wasteland Integration.esp
ammoingredientsloot.esp
DFB - Random Encounters - Update - MCM.esp
ManualReload.esp
pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
aaaJNFSniperZooming.esp
RWD-NV v1.4 [Standard Version].esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
More Realistic Aiming.esp
realistic headshots.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Tutorial Killer.esp
ManualReload-OldWorldBlues.esp
ProjectRealityMkIv5HDR.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
ILO - Project Reality Patch.esp
Improved Ballistics Effects V2.esp
IMPACT.esp
CAGE 1.9.3.1.esp
FNV NPCs Travel.esp
Digital_Nightmare.esp
Preorder items in locker.esp
Bullet Fixes.esp
No Hitscan.esp
recoilmod_medium.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
verBackpack.esp
EnhancedGrass_NoVL.esp

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Davoren posted:

It's Drags Casual Courier. Comes in a few different flavours, the backpack gives a survival bonus and added carry weight, and those sunglasses hanging from the collar disappear when any eyewear is equipped, not just the glasses that come with it. The platinum chip necklace comes with Drags, I think the dynamite bandolier is from Satchels.

Does the Casual Courier mod include backpacks, or is that from a back packs mod?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

It includes just that one backpack in the screenshots.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Davoren posted:

My girls face and hair isn't as pretty as yours :(

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Mage_Boy posted:

Do you have NVSE installed? I'm pretty sure mcm requires it.

Oh yeah, NVSE is at the latest stable version.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Davoren posted:

It includes just that one backpack in the screenshots.

It looks cool, but dammit if my primary weapon doesn't clip it's rear end off on the textures :( There's a gun belt with holster and a gun in it as part of the outfit, and some leg bags on the other leg. My pistol is all clipped into that mess, and any long guns I have will be clipped through the backpack. Oh why can't there be a mod that places weapons in different, less clippy places :(

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

oblomov posted:

Oh yeah, NVSE is at the latest stable version.

Huh, something went wrong with NVSE install I guess. Killed all the .dlls in the game folder, redownloaded NVSE, extracted and woila, everything is there.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's a shame there doesn't seem to be anything that changes ending slide pictures, that's one big thing I've seen a million times and it'd be cool to get a fresh version.

What's a good mod that adds new armour for enemies to wear? I don't care about stats or effects but more visual variety in all the bandits and fiends I'm fighting would be nice. I've poked around the Nexus but most of the stuff seems to be PC armour only.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

2house2fly posted:

It's a shame there doesn't seem to be anything that changes ending slide pictures, that's one big thing I've seen a million times and it'd be cool to get a fresh version.

What's a good mod that adds new armour for enemies to wear? I don't care about stats or effects but more visual variety in all the bandits and fiends I'm fighting would be nice. I've poked around the Nexus but most of the stuff seems to be PC armour only.

There's NCR rearmament and Ceasars new regime.

Also, http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41206/

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

2house2fly posted:

If your OK with body replacers, Spice of Life adds all it's stuff into the leveled lists, so you'll see it on NPCs.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

My girls face and hair isn't as pretty as yours :(

The hair is in Lings, and I think the face was a preset from there too, that I made some minor alterations to.

Also Spice of Life is really cool, though it seems most of the outfits have kind of low protection, so you'll probably want Signature Armor if you plan on using them yourself. But as mentioned above, NPCs will wear them and it does a lot for the feel of the world. The necessary body replacers have non-nude versions too.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 21, 2015

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
How do I fill up empty water bottles using the fill that bottle mod?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Davoren posted:

The hair is in Lings, and I think the face was a preset from there too, that I made some minor alterations to.

Also Spice of Life is really cool, though it seems most of the outfits have kind of low protection, so you'll probably want Signature Armor if you plan on using them yourself. But as mentioned above, NPCs will wear them and it does a lot for the feel of the world. The necessary body replacers have non-nude versions too.

I've considered getting Spice of Life many times, but I've been worrying about compatibility issues between it and other armor mods, mostly due to the required body mods.

I'm mostly concerned about LPAM (Low Profile Armor Mod), as well as FOOK. I don't think there are any compatibility patches for LPAM and the various body mods. As for FOOK, I'm planning to out drop the FOOK-PN Convergence mod for my next playthrough, so there won't really be an issue there.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

EDIT: Wrong, please ignore.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 21, 2015

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

How do I fill up empty water bottles using the fill that bottle mod?
When you use a water source while sneaking you automatically fill all empty water bottles.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Weird.

And yea, I got the mods to work right now. Every thing is smooth moves baby. I had to move the game and everything onto an external drive. NO idea why it works, but it does.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Weird.

And yea, I got the mods to work right now. Every thing is smooth moves baby. I had to move the game and everything onto an external drive. NO idea why it works, but it does.

Wizards don't handle USB ports well.

But seriously, I'm glad to hear it's working properly. Listening to your issues have been one of the more perplexing experiences I've had this week.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 21, 2015

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Hey it looks like I can't seem to get the standalone MCM to play nice with Project Nevada. I have the latest version of both mods, including the PN Extras and the MCM Bugfix, but when I open the menu in the game it says "unexpected version of menu files". I've basically been following the Fear and Loathing guide to the letter so I'm confused about what went wrong. Any thoughts?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I mostly play TTW these days, and I've been using a hideout called Halfway House which is a base accessible from both the New Vegas and Fallout 3 worldspace. It's nice, but I really miss the convenience of Lombard Station, so I changed it into a kind of Halfway Station.

This adds a hatch in the floor of the bathroom in Lombard that leads to a hatch in the western part of the Scrapyard in Fallout 3. The F3 hatch needs the Lombard Station master key in order to be used though, so you'll have to make the trip at least once. I did this so that I didn't accidentally break any quest triggers or anything.

Download:

TTW - Halfway Station

Install this version of Lombard instead of the regular one, in my testing anything in the containers or on the weapon walls should remain there, but maybe grab stuff just to be on the safe side if you're concerned.

Edit: Just to be clear, this doesn't require Halfway House.

Edit2: Hmm, getting a missing master error when sorting some crafting supplies, not sure why...

Edit3: Okay this is working now, the crash is caused by having the placeable Courier's Mojave Express Box from Mojave Express Expansion in your inventory when sorting.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 22, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Isn't Hall of Face just enlarged and sharpened regular face textures or am I confusing it with another mod?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Davoren posted:

I mostly play TTW these days, and I've been using a hideout called Halfway House which is a base accessible from both the New Vegas and Fallout 3 worldspace. It's nice, but I really miss the convenience of Lombard Station, so I changed it into a kind of Halfway Station.

This adds a hatch in the floor of the bathroom in Lombard that leads to a hatch in the western part of the Scrapyard in Fallout 3. The F3 hatch needs the Lombard Station master key in order to be used though, so you'll have to make the trip at least once. I did this so that I didn't accidentally break any quest triggers or anything.

Download:

TTW - Halfway Station

Install this version of Lombard instead of the regular one, in my testing anything in the containers or on the weapon walls should remain there, but maybe grab stuff just to be on the safe side if you're concerned.

there's a recently released mod with a similar concept that's a submarine home which is also real neat and compact if folks are looking for somethin' with a cool theme
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58204/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, I'm mostly spoiled by Lombard's crafting, which auto sorts all your components for you and lets you craft out of the containers without having to manually grab whatever you need.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure how to get around this crash I've created. I can sort guns and ammo and stuff just fine, but as soon as I try to sort crafting components, the game crashes with a missing master error message. The only new master I've added is to give Lombard Station.esp a dependance on Fallout3.esm, and that's present. The travelling between the wastelands works so I know it can find it, I'm not really sure where to start with fixing this one.