Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

The Order: 1886 is getting trashed in reviews. Weak story, the shooting bits are OK, there's hardly any actual gameplay, etc.

A very safe skip.

someone tell me how its playing out in the ps4 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

someone tell me how its playing out in the ps4 thread

"only an idiot couldn't tell it was gonna be a lovely game :smug:"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

"only an idiot couldn't tell it was gonna be a lovely game :smug:"

seriously that entire thread is a bunch of fartknockers

i blame christoff since he made it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i was hoping the game would turn out good but i don't usually preorder games like an idiot so it's not a big deal

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
pre-ordering is for bitch idiot teenager-20-somethings who think it's cool to show up at gamestop at midnight and hang out with other sweaty nerds to pick up their next animes video game.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rome is a real shithole in Attila

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

pretty accurate to modern day too

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Go take Constantinople, I bet Hagia Sophia would look better on fire.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Already did and it does. But they really made Rome a shithole- they have a new wall around half of the inner city. The outer city is completely abandoned to ruins. Those beautiful outer defenses and buildings you see in Rome II are in shambles from the decline of the empire.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Current gen console gaming is cool because I bought Sniper Elite 3 for 10 bucks on the Xbone and it downloaded while I was in class.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Istanbul

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nope, Constantinople this time

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Is that like Byzantium?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Occasionally.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Any of you guys got a Nintendo Club code I can register, I'm only 10 points away from getting Star Fox or something

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Any of you guys got a Nintendo Club code I can register, I'm only 10 points away from getting Star Fox or something

i can get one for you tomorrow

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thanks actually I think I'm good, the site sucks poo poo and wasn't showing me stuff I had just registered

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Current gen console gaming is cool because I bought Sniper Elite 3 for 10 bucks on the Xbone and it downloaded while I was in class.

thank gaben for that one

ps holy poo poo dragon age 3 is insanely long :stare:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thank gaben for that one

ps holy poo poo dragon age 3 is insanely long :stare:

If you do even 1/4 of the side quests its a drat long game.

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Killing missile troops and war machines with vicious dogs really was the best part of Rome 2.

Aye plus as long as the handlers don't die they are like free troops. Just wish they would bring back incendiary pigs, with the fire mechanics they would have a purpose other than confusing the enemy before a battle.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

loving DO IT ALREADY!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sniper Elite 3 is ten bucks on the Xbox One store. AssCreed Unity is 16 at gamedealdaily.com.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
yeah but it's an xbone :chloe:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
console gaming lmbo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I love pcmr more because I know it drives goons/tumblr loving crazy

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I love pcmr more because I know it drives goons/tumblr loving crazy

I know I am old but it seems like the PC Master Race thing started out as sarcasm and somehow morphed into people taking it seriously.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It's only the lowly console scrubs getting upset. Pay them no mind. Let them play Quake.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I know I am old but it seems like the PC Master Race thing started out as sarcasm and somehow morphed into people taking it seriously.

It was a joke until Steam really took off and PC gaming had a resurgence. Before that, PC gaming was down to World of Warcraft and RTS games.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah and it's totally hilarious

That Yahtzee guy did a bunch of videos making fun of how elitist PC gamers could be and sarcastically called them the "PC Gaming Master Race" so a bunch of people reappropriated the phrase in the finest of tumblr traditions

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's loving awesome.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Saw this earlier today

Esroc posted:

This more general, but a lot of PC games are really dragged down by horrid optimization.

My laptop is in no way a powerhouse, but it can play games like Metal Gear Rising, Ground Zeroes, Shadows of Mordor, Skyrim crammed to the brim with mods, and a slew of other very pretty and complex games on medium settings just fine. But then I load up Far Cry 4, Dying Light, Witcher 2, or Dragon Age: Inquisition (which runs on lowest, but looks like a PS2 game when you do), and they all run like dogshit even at the lowest settings and the lowest resolution available. And they really aren't any prettier or CPU intensive than most of the games that run just fine.

This just smacks of devs who don't give a poo poo about their playerbase except for the small percentage with unnecessary $1000+ gaming rigs.

Like 1000 dollars is some unattainable goal to be able to play modern games. The whole PC master race thing is annoying but also people acting like gaming on PC is impossible without dropping thousands of dollars. Save some money for once and you, too, can have ab awesome PC.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The money you save buying PC games pays for everything within like a month anyway

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
lol yes how hard could it possibly be for a game/driver to run well on the bazillions of hardware combinations these cheeto dust covered nerds have in their basements.

I like how people compare making the games of today today to the low fidelity garbage that came out decades ago.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I have no loving idea why I even have a PS4 anymore since MGSV is coming out on PC

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bolow posted:

I have no loving idea why I even have a PS4 anymore since MGSV is coming out on PC

bloodborne

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Bolow posted:

sony playroom

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yo fuckers can you recommend me some gaming mechanical keyboard and mice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

ElMaligno posted:

Yo fuckers can you recommend me some gaming mechanical keyboard and mice?

das keyboard professional, idk about the mouse I just use a g700s

• Locked thread