Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think thats normal bibs with knee warmers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Even worse, 1-2yr ban tbh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Deliberate clothing disaster. 4 year ban.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I would never mock Ned Overend, I just assumed nationals would be a less serious affair like single speed cross.

Like with costumes and whisky and stuff on fire

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
The Velonews and Cyclingnews apps have really poo poo the bed with iOS 8. Does anyone have a good pro cycling app like those two?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Paddyb posted:

The Velonews and Cyclingnews apps have really poo poo the bed with iOS 8. Does anyone have a good pro cycling app like those two?

Chrome.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Yeah probably.

Only ten days or so til Het Nieuwsblad, hell yeah.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Canc already got his first win of the season, no big deal.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTlH8K9Dnmc
well this was horrible, Kiryienka (SKY) steers away and Kadri (ALM) looks down at the road. Result crash

Result of crash: Concussion for Vervaeke (LTS), broken wrist Vanbilsen (COF), broken rib Kadri and awaiting x-ray results Ghyselinck and Schleck

(via @TourDeJose)

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Hahaha, Kiryienka totally fails to hold his line. That's amazing. I agree that Kadri would have been okay if he'd been looking up, but I pin that one on Sky. Schleck withdrew after that crash, so he's done. You'd think there'd be some sort of penalty for that kind of error, since it looks like negligence.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Xir posted:

Hahaha, Kiryienka totally fails to hold his line. That's amazing. I agree that Kadri would have been okay if he'd been looking up, but I pin that one on Sky. Schleck withdrew after that crash, so he's done. You'd think there'd be some sort of penalty for that kind of error, since it looks like negligence.

It's not a sprint finish, there is no obligation on riders to 'hold their line'. I think you're going a bit far saying this is negligence, Kiryenka is on the front of the bunch and he swings off assuming that since he is at the front of the bunch everyone will see him moving and get out of the way. Kadri has his head down and doesn't see. It's an accident, that kind of swing-off-the-front move happens hundreds of times in any given bike race.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Jamsque posted:

It's not a sprint finish, there is no obligation on riders to 'hold their line'. I think you're going a bit far saying this is negligence, Kiryenka is on the front of the bunch and he swings off assuming that since he is at the front of the bunch everyone will see him moving and get out of the way. Kadri has his head down and doesn't see. It's an accident, that kind of swing-off-the-front move happens hundreds of times in any given bike race.

Except there were 2 lines of riders and he's veered straight into the path of the 2nd line.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He has no responsibility to hold his line in that situation. Its an accident. Kadri should not be staring at his power meter while half wheeling the guy on the front and Kiriyenka should be more aware of whats behind him. That move happens hundreds of times during the final 30+km of a stage so it really is just what of those things.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Did you even watch it? Kadri was on the front of his own line.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
And that exact thing happens every single race. Its a straight up accident that was caused by two people not paying attention. Kiryenka has no idea a new line has formed to the left of him and swung off the front. A move that would normally result in the 2nd/3rd lines just avoiding him like normal but since Kadri is doing a Froome he plows into him instead. The last 10km of a sprint finish stage are the most dangerous in road racing. If you want to accuse someone of negligence it would be Kadri.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 19, 2015

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

You are always responsible for your own front wheel.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Was that section slightly downhill or was there a tailwind? That seemed fast even by pro standards

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
I think it was after a section with crosswinds and then they turned a corner and got a strong tailwind.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Contador just utterly dominated Froome at the Vuelta a Andalucía.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Pew pew pistolero motherfuckers.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

Contador just utterly dominated Froome at the Vuelta a Andalucía.

Froome is obviously suffering allergies/a headcold/low hematocrit. Once he refreshes his "prescription" he'll be fine. :11tea:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Gibbo posted:

Froome is obviously suffering allergies/a headcold/low hematocrit. Once he refreshes his "prescription" he'll be fine. :11tea:
I really hope pistolero turns out clean in the next couple years, because watching him style on froome is *the best*

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

evil_bunnY posted:

I really hope pistolero turns out clean in the next couple years, because watching him style on froome is *the best*

If you assume they're both dirty, it's still amusing I'd bet. At long as the playing field is somewhat level.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

I just want to see Froome break down crying again. Unless this year he's on drugs that give him bike handling skills and stronger bones

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I'm sure I'm not the only one here but I too would be really pissed off to tears after taking poo poo loads of toxic and carcinogenic substances only to get my arse handed to me by a midget.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Froome is a loving fraud, Sky dope with cortisol and it only gives you 1 good year. Wiggins is about out of the sport all together lol. Contador gonna smash Froomes poo poo in.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Being administered tramadol to keep functioning is part of a perfectly normal work environment.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Pocket posted:

Being administered tramadol to keep functioning is part of a perfectly normal work environment.

Tramadol was all that kept me going at one point

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Riders refused to race through a sandstorm in 41 degree heat in Oman. In return the organiser has said they'll cancel all future editions of the race despite then advice to the public being to stay indoors

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

So win win basically?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

evil_bunnY posted:

So win win basically?

Yeah i'm not sure they thought through their threat very well

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Yay one less slavery state race!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Where will Andre Greipel win his races now?

E: I'm sorry that was unfair to The Gorilla or whatever he's called.

Watching the Ruta del Sol and they were describing one team's troubles with flats caused by Oman's particular sand. Sounds like an awful place.

The big climb of the day is starting.

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 21, 2015

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This is super steep.

e: Froomey remembered his inhaler today.

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 21, 2015

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Froome leading by one (1) second.

Good race this

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Going to be a real good season if the two of them keep up like this.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Tomorrow looks lumpy with a short uphill finish. They'll leave it til the end to attack unless Bert can do some sick descending and get away.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Did I read right that there were multiple punctures at the tour of oman because the tyres were overheating and bursting the tubes?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Did I read right that there were multiple punctures at the tour of oman because the tyres were overheating and bursting the tubes?

Yeah and they wanted them to race a crit style finish with that + a sandstorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Fabian Cancellara posted:

All loving races but there are limits and this was the case today.there are riders tyers came of the wheel and crash it. #saeftyIsFirst
https://twitter.com/f_cancellara/status/569220886273765377