Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Wise Learned Man posted:

Who does jase1 have in this?

Also, is Karolina Kowalkiewicz no longer with Invicta? They have a card at the end of the month, and KK seems good and is also cute and thus marketable, so you'd think they'd have found a fight for her.

KK is non-exclusive to Invicta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Alash Pride starting here: http://only-tv.org/boets-tv.html click option 3, then allow share bandwidth.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Did you guys know the monthly UFC thread is not the B-League thread? Apparently I forgot.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 20, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bluedeanie posted:

Chris Weidman, a congenial and nice person based on any interview we've ever seen, was once accused of being mean as a teenager in a single unverifiable internet post. He is in the same category (if not an even bigger monster) as Matt Hughes, a man who literally cut testicles off baby pigs, beat the poo poo out of his father for daring to discipline him and date raped people.
cool story blue

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

cool story blue

It would have been a cool story had I posted it in the appropriate thread where my sarcasm was pertinent to the discussion, but somehow I managed to blow it terribly :stare:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

individual865 posted:

Alash Pride starting here: http://only-tv.org/boets-tv.html click option 3, then allow share bandwidth.

this is actually starting now and not just a glory re-run

as always #mma for lovely b-league discussion

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Fuuuuuck, 45 dollars for Super Fight League 37 seats? That's the exact price to make me waffle on going.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Fuuuuuck, 45 dollars for Super Fight League 37 seats? That's the exact price to make me waffle on going.

their last american card had the cage collapse

do it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hhahahaha goddammit Yuriy

I had spent this month's supposed fun money like 10 minutes before you told me about this. Ahhhhhhhrrgh. I will try.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

poo poo I have plans tomorrow or I would drive up and go with you I&S.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If anyone else is down one of my major problems is that I'd be dragging my gal along because going alone would be soul crushing and 90 dollars is a bit much

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

wooger posted:

They have reputable drug testing labs in the UK...

The entire premier league is subject to random WADA testing, we're apparently way on top of it compared to the US in fact.

I have no doubt that there are world class labs in the U.K., but my point is that the Mohegan Department of Athletic Regulation, specifically, was not gonna fly anyone across the Pacific. Nor are they going to hire people in the U.K. remotely (even Nevada doesn't hire people to do out-of-country testing). This, in fact, is the first time I've ever heard of a Tribal Athletic Commission doing out-of-competition testing period, which may go to show the how significant the recent UFC drug failures have been

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Wise Learned Man posted:

Who does jase1 have in this?

Also, is Karolina Kowalkiewicz no longer with Invicta? They have a card at the end of the month, and KK seems good and is also cute and thus marketable, so you'd think they'd have found a fight for her.

Invicta I believe either wanted Kowalkiewicz to fight Kankaanpää for the title, or face Grasso in a title eliminator (I think it was the latter), but KSW asked her to defend her title there, and they probably pay better. She's still under contract to Invicta as far as I know, but other than the Champions, no one's gonna fight for Invicta full time (and even then, Cyborg fights Muay Thai on the side).

Invicta doesn't come close to providing enough fights for all the fighters on their roster, even with the additional events. I'm kind of confused as to why the gently caress they're only doing 8 fights for Invicta 11 in fact, but maybe the UFC made the request so that viewers wouldn't be burned out ahead of UFC 184.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmao "Ben Fodor" the headliner for the SFL event in Tacoma is Seattle's own masked superhero "Phoenix Jones"

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao "Ben Fodor" the headliner for the SFL event in Tacoma is Seattle's own masked superhero "Phoenix Jones"

motherfucker why do you think im encouraging you to see this poo poo

its SFL (funny) + idiot (funny)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm reading up on him right now. Holy poo poo this guy is bonkers.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Is Ben Fodor the same person as Caros Fodor, Strikeforce nobody?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
They're brothers

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Is Ben Fodor the same person as Caros Fodor, Strikeforce nobody?

iirc they were raised by the same family but one of them is adopted.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ben Fodor has an ammie win over Cody McKenzie, to put further into perspective how catastrophically terrible Cody is.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
He has some good leg kicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVLvAOsX95M#t=6m

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
If any of you want to see things in and around Kansas City and aren't socially horrifying to be around - let me know. I like to laugh at people in cages.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I think it's important to note that tonight's Oplot is subtitled "For The Glory Of The Fatherland". I am stoked.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

M-1 is live, featuring folk dancing, men in chainmail armor marching and adorable little kids carrying flags.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bushmeister posted:

M-1 is live, featuring folk dancing, men in chainmail armor marching and adorable little kids carrying flags.

oh hell yea

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Union MMA at noon EDT: http://only-tv.org/bojtsovskij-club.html Click option 2 then allow it to share bandwidth.

BAMMA Prelims at 2PM EDT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSAW_eACkk

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Oplot stream is also live but at least for me it's glitchy as gently caress right now and so far nothing but people filing into the venue.

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?

Bushmeister posted:

Oplot stream is also live but at least for me it's glitchy as gently caress right now and so far nothing but people filing into the venue.

I'm seeing a match but there's some really weird camera chopping or whatever those bars across the screen are

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The stream might be running through Stalin's VCR, but I just saw a dude hit a German suplex and then finish with an armbar. Thank you, based Oplot

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Now they are holding a live auction with the crowd for a pair of Jeff Monson-autographed boxing gloves :psyduck:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

LobsterMobster posted:

The stream might be running through Stalin's VCR, but I just saw a dude hit a German suplex and then finish with an armbar. Thank you, based Oplot

http://gfycat.com/SpotlessBackCrocodile

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Now they are holding a live auction with the crowd for a pair of Jeff Monson-autographed boxing gloves :psyduck:

That is truly bizarre.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

BAMMA prelims are live after missing a few fights it seems

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

BAMMA's (lack of) production values coupled with interesting or just hilarious fights has been the highlight of b-league MMA tonight, at least for me. These guys have p. big shoes to fill if Cage Warriors ends up going under.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Face to Face 10 6PM EDT: http://tv-aovivo.nl/lutashd.html

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
SFL stream quality for posterity.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 22, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
lol it looks like someone to plug in one of the cables connecting the mixer to their satellite truck

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Is there mma on right now

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Is there mma on right now

Did you ever want to watch an Indian MMA promotion putting on a show in America through ski-goggles? That's on right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzZ63YpOms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
"I am, uhh, aware... of Phoenix Jones..."

what a time to tune back in

e: one of the top welterweights in the state!

Another year fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 22, 2015