Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Jose posted:

i don't think saitama would kill another human

I know. But that doesn't mean I can't want it for the laughs.

Though Saitama just totally and casually chumping Sonic will be fantastic too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Aw man, SSS is a cool character it would be a huge shame to see him gibbed this soon :(

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Does Saitama even know how strong Saitama is

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Of course not, he wasn't even sure if he could jump back to Earth from the moon.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Aw man, SSS is a cool character it would be a huge shame to see him gibbed this soon :(

Oh come on there's no way Saitama would gib the dude, he's not really doing anything wrong here, just challenging him to a duel or whatever. He'll just chump him and make him look like a fool.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

muike posted:

Does Saitama even know how strong Saitama is

He's too busy keeping track of all the supermaket sale days to bother with that kind of stuff.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Oh come on there's no way Saitama would gib the dude, he's not really doing anything wrong here, just challenging him to a duel or whatever. He'll just chump him and make him look like a fool.

If he didn't kill Sonic when Sonic was blowing up random civilians to get Saitama to fight him he's not going to kill Sonic for coming to annoy him with a duel request.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

these serious sidehops better be the most amazing, beautifully rendered sidehops ever drawn, and speed of light fastquick's face better be so insanely BTFO that i'll remember it for years

Sagabal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 21, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Spoilers bro.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone have a website that lets you read it and load all the pages at once? I'd rather just scroll through and go through a chapter instead of going next every single one.

http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=OnepunchMan&chapter=43.2&index=1

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That machine gun blow technique looks familiar.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its no different than any flurry of punches in any anime ever.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's very different. There's no crazy onomatopoeia sounds/words accompanying it. See Kenshiro, Dio, Jotaro, etc.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Were is this from?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A ha ha, it literally is a Chicken Rush.

The sound effects for the blows in that last panels is the sound of flapping, as shown in the middle left panel.

Also, it should be "푸다닥" but it's written as "푸다닭". "닥" and "닭" sound the same, but "닭" literally means chicken in Korean.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fist of The North Star: Jagi Gaiden probably had the best flurry-blow scene.

Sphere of terror!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Netero is the best punchy guy next to saitama

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Zekka can make black holes with his fists.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What are the most famous flurry of fists in manga, anyways?

Fist of the Northern Star or Jojo? Or something else?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Those two and the Pegasus Meteor Fist from Saint Seiya are probably the three most famous.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
My guess is one would be a Gum Gum Gatling (probably the one in Enies Lobby) by virtue of One Piece's popularity.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

My guess is one would be a Gum Gum Gatling (probably the one in Enies Lobby) by virtue of One Piece's popularity.

Yup. Perfect climax to the best arc in OP.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'd definitely say it's Jotaro/Star Platinum and ORA ORA ORA.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Okay, yeah, this next chapter is going to be awesome. One of the best parts so far was this so I'm pretty happy about what's happening here.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Man with Hat posted:

Okay, yeah, this next chapter is going to be awesome. One of the best parts so far was this so I'm pretty happy about what's happening here.

I swear to god with all this build up it better be just 30 pages of the most beautiful side hops that has ever graced mankind

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This is wrong (wrt Saitama's Consecutive Normal Punches, not Genos' thing). Totally wrong. The difference is that Saitama is not throwing punches like a normal person would throw a punch. He is throwing punches like a five year old. If you look at that spread you'll see he's running forwards, and leaning forwards, and holding his fists back to his shoulders on the same side of his body but with his palms facing towards his shoulders then just kind of throwing them forwards. He's not using the rest of his body either - his waist and torso and shoulders are 100% static. He is leaning his head backwards, not forwards. This is not a good way to throw a punch at all and a normal person would not get much power behind a punch like that especially while off-balance due to running like that.

It's not an art mistake, because the martial arts in the rest of the entire comic is on point. It's completely intentional. Saitama is throwing punches like a five year old because he has been given godslaying strength but no clue in the world about how to use it, plus he just does not give a gently caress enough to even bother trying. And 2/3rds of the punches even miss in that spread! He's throwing punches so halfassedly that most of them are going over Boros' shoulder and completely missing.

This is the reason that that spread is my favourite spread in the comic.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 28, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's a mix of that, and that a punch that ISN'T half-assed could destroy the world, particularly a flurry.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Terper posted:

It's a mix of that, and that a punch that ISN'T half-assed could destroy the world, particularly a flurry.
You mean like 10 pages later where he does a Super Move: Serious Series: Serious Punch where he actually uses his legs and torso and as a result the sky is split in half all the way across the atlantic ocean?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Even then he was holding back.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bisse posted:

You mean like 10 pages later where he does a Super Move: Serious Series: Serious Punch where he actually uses his legs and torso and as a result the sky is split in half all the way across the atlantic ocean?

Yeah. Pretty sure if he did a 1-2 combo he'd destroy half the earth.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Makes sense

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bisse posted:

This is wrong (wrt Saitama's Consecutive Normal Punches, not Genos' thing). Totally wrong. The difference is that Saitama is not throwing punches like a normal person would throw a punch. He is throwing punches like a five year old. If you look at that spread you'll see he's running forwards, and leaning forwards, and holding his fists back to his shoulders on the same side of his body but with his palms facing towards his shoulders then just kind of throwing them forwards. He's not using the rest of his body either - his waist and torso and shoulders are 100% static. He is leaning his head backwards, not forwards. This is not a good way to throw a punch at all and a normal person would not get much power behind a punch like that especially while off-balance due to running like that.

It's not an art mistake, because the martial arts in the rest of the entire comic is on point. It's completely intentional. Saitama is throwing punches like a five year old because he has been given godslaying strength but no clue in the world about how to use it, plus he just does not give a gently caress enough to even bother trying. And 2/3rds of the punches even miss in that spread! He's throwing punches so halfassedly that most of them are going over Boros' shoulder and completely missing.

This is the reason that that spread is my favourite spread in the comic.

Good thing I wasn't referring to Saitama's then :nallears:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bisse posted:

he has been given godslaying strength

He earned that strength!! He worked so hard!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-07/one-punch-man-manga-gets-tv-anime/.85713

Anime announced!

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

:aaaaa:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hell yea :clint:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Cool. I kind of wish One's version got adapted by an auteur using the simple style to great effect a la Ping Pong: The Animation. This should be good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Tentatively excited until the 21/22nd. Probably get mad about cartoons when it's announced Studio Deen is doing it.