Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I was gone for like a month and came back to about 50+ packs. from them, I got 3* thor and squirrel girl. one of the lower deadpool things gave me 3* storm. hope they're good and I can get more covers someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Got the BP cover from the daily and pulled a Cyclops from an Enemy of the State token so today's gone pretty well. I don't have any 1-stars so I can't get the 2k ISO reward but I'm sitting on 250k right now so I doubt I'll miss it.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I lent out my Black Panther to a guildmate as a team up so don't have access to him for the current event. I"m SO SAD.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

bouncyman posted:

I lent out my Black Panther to a guildmate as a team up so don't have access to him for the current event. I"m SO SAD.

You can recall them can't you?

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

CidGregor posted:

You can recall them can't you?

Costs 200 HP... not sure if worth.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Well I timed that terribly, joined Enemy of the State as #999

And my only one star is storm so ffff

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
How are people getting so many points in enemy of the state? I've done the missions a few times,I have Cyclops, and I am around #200.
Is there a trick, like do a few waves and then retreat?

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
The trick is to hit every refresh.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Acolyte! posted:

The trick is to hit every refresh.

gently caress,I guess I just got a try hard bracket

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
A point of tactics for the Deadpool 3* wave event, and for waves in general:

Try to save up AP in the goon fight, then time it so you kill the last goon with an ability (Team-ups are a useful way to do this without spending saved AP). That way, the impending wave of heroes doesn't get a free turn at your expense. You can then unload your AP on THEM first, instead of vice versa. Rinse/repeat with the next goon wave.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hey, they actually added something new that was good. Deadpool event was quite fun, hope they keep it up. Luckily I have kept exactly three one-star characters.

Also luckily I have no reason to try hard in Enemy of the State because I've got a maxed Hood already. I hate those ninjas. Although boosted Torch is quite fun.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Well, today's Deadpool event is a thousand times harder than it needs to be, because the Wave 2 Captain Marvel in the unlocked event has a bugged Energy Absorption (it's triggering on every instance of damage, regardless of how much) so she caps out at 30 red AP in no time. And then the Cap in Wave 4 just spams 2k damage shield strikes as a result.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Well, today's Deadpool event is a thousand times harder than it needs to be, because the Wave 2 Captain Marvel in the unlocked event has a bugged Energy Absorption (it's triggering on every instance of damage, regardless of how much) so she caps out at 30 red AP in no time. And then the Cap in Wave 4 just spams 2k damage shield strikes as a result.

Save up AP on the minion wave, bring 2* wolverine, OBW, and Hood, make a bajillion strike tiles. Captain Marvel wave appears, use twin pistols and maybe one other move, she's down. Gets 8 AP at most out of her passive before she's gone.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
The Deadpool dailies seems like a step in the right direction for the game.

That said, its pretty confusing to come back to the game after a year's hiatus and Gems of War has been pretty good to me so far.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

fishtobaskets posted:

A point of tactics for the Deadpool 3* wave event, and for waves in general:

Try to save up AP in the goon fight, then time it so you kill the last goon with an ability (Team-ups are a useful way to do this without spending saved AP). That way, the impending wave of heroes doesn't get a free turn at your expense. You can then unload your AP on THEM first, instead of vice versa. Rinse/repeat with the next goon wave.

Additionally, Hood is an excellent addition to any team that uses the AP the minions gather. Avoid matching those colors so that Hood will siphon minion AP while you're dealing with them, and you should have an even easier time saving up AP to one shot everything.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
2-star Cap is my go-to character for the Deadpool event (about the only use he gets any more). His red and blue are great for getting rid of tricky countdown tiles and you can nearly always guarantee they'll return AP so they're cheap, and you can usually farm yellow against the minions so the hero waves don't hit nearly as hard.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just run my classic 2* team of Thor OBW and Daken and it works out fine. I even topped off my little Daken to 94 just because I can see he's going to be used every day now.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

2-star Cap is my go-to character for the Deadpool event (about the only use he gets any more). His red and blue are great for getting rid of tricky countdown tiles and you can nearly always guarantee they'll return AP so they're cheap, and you can usually farm yellow against the minions so the hero waves don't hit nearly as hard.

He's really solid in Enemy of the state, too. The ninjas tend to create a lot of countdown tiles that he can pinpoint (between this and Falcon's Redwing most attacks won't get off at all), he's tanky enough that he can take some hits if any do manage to go off, and the Teisatus in particular are way less annoying if you stun them with peacemaker before you kill them, which prevents their deathrattle attack tiles.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I use my OBW and Ares for most content which is pretty decent. OBW makes sure I'm healed and the enemy low on AP and Ares shits out the damage the second he gets 6 greens or ten yellows. My third is usually a required character or anything boosted by events, or Wolverine 2*.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Because I managed to max Hulk and Lazy Daken they're my general go-to team just because they flow so well together (Oh you hit the Hulk with that AP move? Cool, watch as I poo poo out 4 more Strike Tiles) and because Daken's got some true healing on him so between that and the Hulk's mountain of HP they can chew through a lot of missions all on their lonesome.

Normally the third spot is taken up by specific mission demands but I am hungry for more LazyThor or Falcon covers just to take things to a more ridiculous level. Not sure which is better - Thor because his yellow makes a billion greens and his green's stronger than Hulk's and hits the whole team, or Falcon because of Redwing and because he can make Daken's crappy strike tiles severely less crappy with minimum effort.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Ugh didn't they JUST give out yellow Magneto as a top 100 tournament prize? Extra 500 iso I guess.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I've been using Awolvie, OBW, and Blade for ️the deadpool daily and they've been easily chewing through teams

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I can't seem to find the countdown timer for how long an event has left? If it matters, I just updated the game on my iPhone. Am I blind, or did they really remove it? I see it on the Season 11 icon in the versus page, but none of the other active events seem to have it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Orvin posted:

I can't seem to find the countdown timer for how long an event has left? If it matters, I just updated the game on my iPhone. Am I blind, or did they really remove it? I see it on the Season 11 icon in the versus page, but none of the other active events seem to have it.

I've had that happen now and then, probably a desync issue or something.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Orvin posted:

Just looked it up, it's a known bug but apparently you can go to event rewards, then rules, and see the time left

Really sucks tho

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My personal team for Deadpool Daily has Grey Black Widow and 2* Storm. I tried Hulk today and Spidey yesterday, gonna try Black Panther tomorrow.

Basically my strategy is to farm a ton of AP in the 1st and 3rd waves, since they have no actual heroes / villains. The third hero should generally be a tank (like Hulk) or provide some form of easy stun / protect (Spidey does both) while you gather as much Green and Pink as possible while also getting rid of countdown tiles. If a countdown is about to go off, use Storm's Green and hope for the best. Use GBW's Pink if you still need more Green AP, or Red if you somehow have enough Red to use it.

On Waves 2 and 4, just use GBW's Green -> Storm's Blue (twice if you have to) -> tile match or GBW's Pink. No damage from hero / villain matches or skills, which is great. As long as you get through the first wave, the rest is loving easy since you'll still have plenty of Pink, Green, and Red AP leftover from Wave 2 when doing Wave 1.

2* Storm is just goddamn fantastic for survival waves cause she has a ton of stuff in her favor. A panic-button tile destruction, AP generation, team-wide attacks, and a long-rear end stun.

2* Magneto might be a substitute if you don't have GBW, though that funnels her Blue instead of her Green and it'll be harder to continuously generate AP. Magneto's Red does generate AP though, which is cool, and hits for a decent amount.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

My personal team for Deadpool Daily has Grey Black Widow and 2* Storm. I tried Hulk today and Spidey yesterday, gonna try Black Panther tomorrow.

Basically my strategy is to farm a ton of AP in the 1st and 3rd waves, since they have no actual heroes / villains. The third hero should generally be a tank (like Hulk) or provide some form of easy stun / protect (Spidey does both) while you gather as much Green and Pink as possible while also getting rid of countdown tiles. If a countdown is about to go off, use Storm's Green and hope for the best. Use GBW's Pink if you still need more Green AP, or Red if you somehow have enough Red to use it.

On Waves 2 and 4, just use GBW's Green -> Storm's Blue (twice if you have to) -> tile match or GBW's Pink. No damage from hero / villain matches or skills, which is great. As long as you get through the first wave, the rest is loving easy since you'll still have plenty of Pink, Green, and Red AP leftover from Wave 2 when doing Wave 1.

2* Storm is just goddamn fantastic for survival waves cause she has a ton of stuff in her favor. A panic-button tile destruction, AP generation, team-wide attacks, and a long-rear end stun.

2* Magneto might be a substitute if you don't have GBW, though that funnels her Blue instead of her Green and it'll be harder to continuously generate AP. Magneto's Red does generate AP though, which is cool, and hits for a decent amount.

I personally think 2* Widow is more useful than 2* Storm for long waves. She generates blues so much faster, and can use them to heal/shield or delay countdown tiles you can't get to forever. I've been running Hulk, Spidey ad 2* Widow and have finished the event > 70% health on each character... though it does take a while, since there's not much damage coming out of that team.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, the 2* Storm and GBW team does get hit quite a bit in the first wave. I went down to like 40% or so on Storm and GBW with the Storm / GBW / Hulk setup cause I kept on stupidly matching blue / pink when a countdown was about to go off. Still, once you take downwave 1 the rest is smooth sailing for the most part. Having Hulk tank the hits in the first wave also gets you green AP much faster.

I guess the advantage of GBW over OBW is speed and the ability to insta-gib Waves 2 and 4. Also, my team's weakness is probably team-attack countdown tiles on the first wave, since that makes my tank useless.

But I don't play as much as I used to so having my characters get hurt isn't really an issue for me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A ha ha, holy poo poo. I just got 1000 Hero Points from one of my daily Deadpool Taco Tokens.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Aren't Taco tokens just for rolling 2* covers?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dizz posted:

Nope, Taco Tokens can also give you HP (I got 250 this morning). Speaking of Deadpool's Daily, I finally managed to finish my first one today. gently caress that last wave man.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dizz posted:

They also have a slightly increased chance for that week's 3*s, which is nice because I got an extra Storm that way.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Haven't had anything amazing from Tacos yet, but managed to complete all the missions so far. Luckily I got a Luke Cage out of nowhere the other day so I could do the required one today. Seems a bit weird that you have to have the character already though.

Taken to using a bunch of boosts for these Deadpool Dailies. You get enough Iso from the missions to make it worth it I think.

Also I just noticed they changed Deadpool's cover and I was about to be cross about it but the new one is oddly hilarious.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

McDragon posted:

Seems a bit weird that you have to have the character already though.

The idea was to address the problem caused by too many 3* characters- the fact that it's really difficult for someone making the 2*->3* transition to get enough covers in any given 3* character to make it worthwhile. The idea isn't to get you more characters, it's to let you get more covers so the characters you have get more useful.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

That's fine until you realize you're maxed out on a specific cover and are hosed unless you get lucky.

My OBW is actually finally maxed out at 4/5/4 and max level while Ares is still missing two red covers.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

duz posted:

They also have a slightly increased chance for that week's 3*s, which is nice because I got an extra Storm that way.

Same here. I also got an extra Magneto, but it was yellow again and his daily day was my 5th yellow so it was wasted. Funnily enough I have yellow maxed and literally zero other covers for him.

Haven't seen any hero points yet. Still got my fingers crossed for that one.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Is this game still incredibly unfriendly to f2p players?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dizz posted:

That's fine until you realize you're maxed out on a specific cover and are hosed unless you get lucky.

My OBW is actually finally maxed out at 4/5/4 and max level while Ares is still missing two red covers.

If that 5 isn't Black then it's a waste. Go 3/5/5 for best results. Also Ares should be 5/3/5, Onslaught and Sunder are his better skills.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Scyantific posted:

If that 5 isn't Black then it's a waste. Go 3/5/5 for best results. Also Ares should be 5/3/5, Onslaught and Sunder are his better skills.

Yeah Ares Green and Yellow are maxed. his Red is at level 1. Widow is 4 purple, 5 blue, 4 black. Someday I will get the final Black.

E: Why are some of my cover stars flashing but others aren't? 3* Storm and 3* Thor are flashing but nobody else is :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Dizz posted:

Yeah Ares Green and Yellow are maxed. his Red is at level 1. Widow is 4 purple, 5 blue, 4 black. Someday I will get the final Black.

E: Why are some of my cover stars flashing but others aren't? 3* Storm and 3* Thor are flashing but nobody else is :tinfoil:

The characters that are upgraded versions of 1 or 2* characters flash like that.

Scyantific posted:

Having 4 covers in Green is generally enough since you so rarely have exactly 5 green AP.