Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Of course they decided to ruin the good thing they had going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Someone might get hurt by jokes if they didn't.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
yeah man jokes about hate crimes
cool

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Surprised they weren't okay with that but constantly make FIST MISTY jokes.

Buh
May 17, 2008
You say that like the renaming in any way assembled a concious decision.

The exact same thing happened last year, Lavender Town = renaming spree

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CuwiKhons posted:

KKK has been successfully evolved into Flareon, this can only mean great things.

hello

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Buh posted:

You say that like the renaming in any way assembled a concious decision.

The exact same thing happened last year, Lavender Town = renaming spree

It's a shame, racist Flareon was pretty funny

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

We beat GIovanni's maze in one try. Go Dome.

Now watch us black out without getting the lift key and get stuck again.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
7d 20h 38m WE COMPLETED THE WHOLE SPIN TILE PUZZLE IN UNDER 5 MINUTES

God drat, TPP. We rule.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

what

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It was apparently the wrong maze though, so it'll have to be done again after the lift key is gained.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Was there democracy? :stare:

Otherwise how? Miracle?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
All anarchy all the time.

I'd like to see it happen twice.

Also there's like 1/20th as many people inputting commands this time.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Don't worry, we got knocked unconscious and will have to do it all over again. And we lost four grand, too.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I love those names. "-?"

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Precisely how powerful is Parasect in this hack? Does anyone know its base stats? I don't know what the creator was thinking when he powered up the family that can learn Spore, a ridiculously powerful move.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Parasect was always really solid. I remember it was one of my best mons when I first played pokemon all those years ago.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Chamale posted:

Precisely how powerful is Parasect in this hack? Does anyone know its base stats? I don't know what the creator was thinking when he powered up the family that can learn Spore, a ridiculously powerful move.

He's got a combined stat total equivalent to a Legendary, or something to that effect.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
His BST is 530 before special split, which means that it is 185 higher than normal. I have no idea how those points are distributed, but even if it was super dumb and just added 37 to every stat he would have 97 Base HP, 132 Base Attack, 117 Base Defense, 117 base special and 67 base speed, which is pretty ridiculous.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Chamale posted:

However, bug is the worst type in gen 1 by far. Borderline useless aside from Pin Missile, a move Parasect can't even learn. Even with Spore and a stat boost, Parasect is Not Good.

He's still my favorite gen 1 Pokemon though. Him and Sandlash :allears:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Increasing Parasect's speed is a huge mistake, because Spore is way too powerful. I don't like a lot of the decisions they've made with this hack, also the fact that gym leaders and the Elite Four are so much stronger. So we've got this overpowered Parasect using sleep to punch its way past higher-level opponents, it doesn't feel as much like Pokémon as all the other runs did.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mymla posted:

Parasect was always really solid. I remember it was one of my best mons when I first played pokemon all those years ago.

Incorrect.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

His BST is 530 before special split, which means that it is 185 higher than normal. I have no idea how those points are distributed, but even if it was super dumb and just added 37 to every stat he would have 97 Base HP, 132 Base Attack, 117 Base Defense, 117 base special and 67 base speed, which is pretty ridiculous.

This actually seems pretty reasonable. It's still slow enough that it can't Spore everything it runs into, and it doesn't learn many strong attacks to use it's monster attack stat in Gen 1. Also Bug/Grass is still such garbage typing that it really counteracts the good stats. Seriously 3 4x weaknesses as well as additional weaknesses to Rock, Ice, and Bug is just terrible.

Also, if you have a pokemon that can actually learn Pin Missile, or Twin Needle, bug is a wonderful offensive type in game. So many pokemon have secondary poison typings that you can get super effective hits on a ton of things.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The irony of Team Rocket members insisting chat not be a thief really makes you think.

Aaaaand they walked right past the stairs and back into the maze. :lol:

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 21, 2015

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
:allears: Smooth McGroove is awesome. Love that musical gandalf.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Holy poo poo it just glitched and crashed. We had a missingno or something. Screen is blank now

e: They. They had a missingno. I'm not playing this don't look at me

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Good news, everyone, we broke the ROM.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Remora posted:

:getin:

I wonder what's going to happen now. A new run or restarting from last save? I wonder how long it'll be before the admin running it even sees what's up.

Edit: Run has started back up from the last save.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Remora posted:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why Pokemon Red is the only worthwhile game for Twitch to play.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

The battle tent stole all their pokemon and NPCs are glitching out too now. This is what they found in their pokemon list.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 21, 2015

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Nettle Soup posted:

The battle tent stole all their pokemon and NPCs are glitching out too now.

And it just crashed again. This is all such a fine mess. :allears:

Edit: Oh, nope. Game managed to unfreeze. Things are pretty loopy though.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Good Lord, what a wonderful mess. :allears:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So how exactly did they manage to CoolTrainer their game up? I thought that kind of glitch pokemon only appears when you have zero pokemon in your party but you haven't blacked out yet.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
This is glorious.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If this were any other game I'd blame it on the romhack. But since this is gen 1 Pokemon, it is probably the awful programming falling apart.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

New best run this owns

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

JAssassin posted:

So how exactly did they manage to CoolTrainer their game up? I thought that kind of glitch pokemon only appears when you have zero pokemon in your party but you haven't blacked out yet.

I imagine with the way the ROM hack works, all kinds of bits of data have been shuffled around in the already "fragile" programming. Combine this with the fact that the TPP thing of inputting a ton of commands at once is going on and we're doing things no regular person would do in pretty much any given run, and it's only a matter of time before otherwise rare glitches begin to occur.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Given that Abe keeps repeatedly fainting inside the pokemon center, I think it's safe to say we totally broke the game.
(also, I missed the screenshot, but at one point, there was a lady just floating in the black part of the pokecenter map.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
As of this moment, Twitch appears to have no Pokemon in the party. It's an endless cycle of blacking out every few steps.

e:f,b

• Locked thread